Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Bike rental which bike rodies?
Quote | Reply
Going to maui and will have 2 days to do riding while my girl is in meetings. Want to know what bike you guys would go with out of the bunch to pick. I was there last year and was on a specilized roubaix. Didn't like it that much. Been on a Scott when I was in Colorado and hated that thing climbed like a tank. So was looking at the Tarmac, cannondale supersix, and the giant tcr. Will be climb the volcano this time out and also doing west maui loop again. What's everyone's opinion on these bikes. Wish I could find a cervelo dealer so I could just be on the r3.
Last edited by: Erockk: Nov 28, 14 17:11
Quote Reply
Re: Bike rental which bike rodies? [Erockk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Unless you are bringing you own wheels or tires, they a 're probably all going to ride like craps. Most rental bikes I have used have gatorskins or Something similar on them.

I love my aero bike, but if I were renting I would go with a more traditional design and dial in my fit coordinates. My vvoteis for the supersix.
Quote Reply
Re: Bike rental which bike rodies? [Orbilius] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yea im not thinking i will have a rental that rides like my own. But i was just looking for the best ride out of the group to pick from. I ride gators on my training wheels so know the way it makes the ride feel. Also if anyone is in maui from dec 8th to the 11th and wants to ride i will be there.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
SuperSix. Consistently one of the best road bikes out there.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
don't discount the TCR. severely underrated bike.

the best climbing bike is probably the tarmac though. but honestly any of those 3 would be pretty good. splitting hairs, really.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
these sensations are all in your head. all of those bikes ride fine. just get the mid range aluminum one with decent gruppo on it so it will shift ok.

Kat Hunter reports on the San Dimas Stage Race from inside the GC winning team
Aeroweenie.com -Compendium of Aero Data and Knowledge
Freelance sports & outdoors writer Kathryn Hunter
Quote Reply