Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Best way to strip paint...
Quote | Reply
I have an old steel Benotto frame that I'm converting into a fixed gear bike. The paint is in pretty bad shape though, and I figured while I have all the parts off I might as well give her a new paint job. What's the best way to get the old paint off?

<If you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough>
Get Fitter!
Proud member of the Smartasscrew, MONSTER CLUB
Get your FIX today?
Quote Reply
Re: Best way to strip paint... [Khai] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Aw man! Based on the subject, I thought this was going to be a much more interesting and provacotive thread.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bead blasting is my favourite means to strip paint.
Quote Reply
Re: Best way to strip paint... [bunnyman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How about something I can do in my garage? While I'm very fond of media blasting in general, I'm trying to keep this low budget - so everything I can do on my own I'd like to. Otherwise there's a place nearby that offerred to strip and re-paint my frame for $240CAD.

Get Fitter!
Get your FIX today?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I would seriously consider that option, as it will be easier and you will more than likely like the finish a lot better. $240 CAN is not a bad price at all.
Quote Reply
Re: Best way to strip paint... [bunnyman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You're probably right about the finish... I'm just kind of tight financially these days. Perhaps I'll just leave the paint the way it is, and get it re-done properly in 6 months to a year. She'll need a BB overhaul by then anyway.

Thanks for the advice. :)

Get Fitter!
Get your FIX today?
Quote Reply