Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Best running earbuds.
Quote | Reply
Ok. I keep killing my earbuds. So I am thinking of actually spending some money on getting decent ones.
IYO which are the best? Ideally don't want to spend over $50, but if something is worth it, I might be talked into it.
Thanks

NCCP certified Comp coach
Quote Reply
Re: Best running earbuds. [psychosyd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Oh no! you're in scary waters.... slowtwitch "hates" headphones and music. They like the outdoor sounds ONLY when running or biking! I've asked a question about headphones before and was scolded by several.

Just to save you time on other subjects...
-Any question about bikes, the p2/p3 will be crowbar'd in the discussion and proclaimed the best.
-Any wheel question.... the answer is Flo.
-The only thing worse then vitamins is crossfit.
Last edited by: slow123: Mar 27, 14 7:01
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Me too. Just killed my Jabra Bluetooth earphones. They were supposed to be water resistant. Dead after a month.

I train in the heat/humidity of Houston.

My local tri store tells me they are testing some Bluetooth earphones that are waterproof and that you can swim with. They are next on my list when they become available.
Quote Reply
Re: Best running earbuds. [slow123] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
slow123 wrote:
Oh no! you're in scary waters.... slowtwitch "hates" headphones and music. They like the outdoor sounds ONLY when running or biking! I've asked a question about headphones before and was scolded by several.

Just to save you time on other subjects...
-Any question about bikes, the p2/p3 will be crowbar'd in the discussion and proclaimed the best.
-Any wheel question.... the answer is Flo.
-The only thing worse then vitamins is crossfit.

Also if you're complaining about something and start it with "Maybe it's just me but..." chances are that it really is just you, and prepare to be crucified for it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
psychosyd wrote:
Ok. I keep killing my earbuds. So I am thinking of actually spending some money on getting decent ones.
IYO which are the best? Ideally don't want to spend over $50, but if something is worth it, I might be talked into it.
Thanks

Oh I forgot to answer the question. I love the cheap skullcandy earbuds, they work great for my wife and I. They are about $16 on amazon. I was told by the skullcandy rep one time that they use practically the same speaker in all their cheap, middle and expensive earbuds. ...and that people tend to buy the middle ones even though there is no real difference.
Last edited by: slow123: Mar 27, 14 7:10
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I hate earbuds. They always fall out, and i don't like the cord flopping around. However, I love these:

http://www.amazon.com/...cturer/dp/B004477D0K

They're cheap, durable, have decent sound, and i can tuck the cord under my shirt.
Quote Reply
Re: Best running earbuds. [slow123] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hah. Haven't ran into the headphone flame jobs yet. Guess I haven't been paying good enough attention. Maybe if I start riding with them in on group rides on my TT bike it will make things more interesting. :>

No, just sweat like crazy on the trainer and treddy. 5 months of winter this year up here in Canada has had me kill 3 pairs.

I have experiemented with a bunch of cheaper ones but was mostly wondering if the more expensive ones last longer. If not I will just keep buying cheap ones that work.

Mostly worried about them fully dying. Sound quality is secondary.

NCCP certified Comp coach
Quote Reply
Re: Best running earbuds. [runnerturnedtri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just bought some Yurbuds but haven't had a chance to test em out outside

Seem to have a good sound and a durable-looking cord

HTH

M
Quote Reply
Re: Best running earbuds. [runnerturnedtri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have used Skullcandy's "the fix" for the past couple of years now which have stayed in pretty good and are earbuds...also have controls on cord which I like...not to pricey either at ~40-50.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
psychosyd wrote:
Thanks

Hnads down JayBird X...expensive but the sweat warranty, USAT discount, and unobtrusiveness make them enjoyable. For soemthing you will use often, treat yourself
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I use the Yurbuds Inspire Wireless and love them, Great sound and they don't fall out. A bit expensive, but the customer service is awesome.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have tried yurbuds and practically everything out there and my favorite:

http://www.aftershokz.com/...aftershokz-sportz-2/

I can still hear around me, the sound quality through bone conduction is better and have no issues with falling out etc
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yurbuds (the Ironman version with the lifetime warranty).

I have had mine three years now and love them. They never fall out even if I accidentally pull the cord down while I run. I stress the lifetime warranty part of the Ironman version because their customer service is awesome. I had a couple of the rubber ear buds wear out (stretched out and wouldn't stay on the buds) after a year or so and they sent me new ones no questions asked. I also had a cord replaced one time for free when they had an design issue and wire would pull out of the jack (new redesigned cord eliminated that issue).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bose IE2

Like them better than yurbuds.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Over 10,000 people can't be wrong. Haven't killed mine in over a year, and the sound quality is great. If you sweat a lot sometimes they do start to slide out of my ears while running for over an hour , but they are so cheep you can afford to give them a try.

http://www.amazon.com/...-3&pi=SX200_QL40
In Reply To:
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Personally I have found the Panasonic ear buds to work quite well for me. They are cheap and seem to last multiple seasons. I buy them at a discount store for $12 or so and they come with a few rubber nib options to help you get a proper fit.

The Yurbuds seem like very popular options, though I haven't bothered to go that expensive yet.

Wireless seem like a good idea, but they do limit your long distances. Wired is cheaper and never runs out of batteries.

While people look for good quality bass sound, I prefer good quality high tone sounds. I like to listen to popcasts and people talking most often. Too much bass muffles that.

Ian
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Drunkcyclist.com

Earbuds refer to very small headphones that are fitted directly in the outer ear, facing but not inserted in the ear canal. Earbuds are portable and convenient, but many people consider them to be uncomfortable and prone to falling out.

They provide hardly any acoustic isolation and leave room for ambient noise to seep in; users may turn up the volume dangerously high to compensate, at the risk of causing hearing loss.

On the other hand, they let the user be better aware of their surroundings. Since the early days of the transistor radio, earbuds have commonly been bundled with personal music devices. They are sold at times with plush and cushy foam pads for comfort.

Photo: bikegirls — with Bike Mike and Uhu Sei.

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Re: Best running earbuds. [Puppet] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bose were great earbuds if you're not doing something active, but for running, absolutely terrible. Great sound quality and great ear comfort, but the cord is very poorly designed. Returned them after 3 runs.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I love these:
http://www.aftershokz.com/product/aftershokz-sportz-m2-with-mic/

They sit on your jawbone rather than in your ears. Much more comfortable (for me anyway) than earbuds.

Edited to say that TriGirrrrrl beat me to it. :)
Last edited by: surroundhound: Mar 27, 14 8:21
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am blown away that so many people recommend the Yurbuds, by a huge margin the worst sounding headphones I have ever used and I could never get them to fit my ear regardless of what I tried. I generally get whatever sports buds Ross has for $7 and they all are better than Yurbuds. These IMO are the best I've had http://www.amazon.com/...me+sports+headphones, I even preferred them over the Adidias Sennheiser buds for 3x the price http://www.amazon.com/...ennheiser+headphones
Quote Reply
Re: Best running earbuds. [stop2think] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
stop2think wrote:
I am blown away that so many people recommend the Yurbuds
It's the ironman logo.

Earphones and mp3 players dont last so go cheap - $7 panasonic + sansa clip $40.

Abuse

Repeat
Quote Reply
Re: Best running earbuds. [GatorRacer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
GatorRacer wrote:
Hnads down JayBird X...expensive but the sweat warranty, USAT discount, and unobtrusiveness make them enjoyable. For soemthing you will use often, treat yourself

+1 for the JayBird BlueBuds X (http://www.jaybirdsport.com/...luetooth-headphones/). Well outside the OP's stated $50 budget but well worth the money in my opinion. They stay in your ears regardless of activity level, sound good (to me anyway) and so far have been impervious to sweat.

===
"I eased off a bit. It never feels like you are easing off. More like you just stake out your place in the pain cave and sit there rather than venturing deeper inside..." -- Rappstar
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Klipsch S3 (Google the reviews). I have had the Bose and a pair of Sure but I like Klipsch better. They are cheap here:

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/...is=REG&A=details
Quote Reply
Re: Best running earbuds. [Croptop] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Croptop wrote:
GatorRacer wrote:

+1 for the JayBird BlueBuds X (http://www.jaybirdsport.com/...luetooth-headphones/). Well outside the OP's stated $50 budget but well worth the money in my opinion. They stay in your ears regardless of activity level, sound good (to me anyway) and so far have been impervious to sweat.

To add, I had one pair go bad because of water damage(rain not sweat) and it was a hassle free replacement with pretty quick turn around. Just make sure you register the product!
Quote Reply

Prev Next