Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Best low yaw bike options
Quote | Reply
Is the Cervelo P5 still the king of low yaw performance?

Guessing a tririg'd NP3/2 would probably offer similar results.

From the ERO testing guessing the new Premier Tactical should be up their for low yaw aeroness as well.
Quote Reply
Re: Best low yaw bike options [boing] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The cervelo p4 is the king of low yaw.

If you don't have a low front end then an S5 as a TT bike is also awesome at low yaw.
Quote Reply
Re: Best low yaw bike options [Tom_Hughes] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I thought the P5 was at least as good at low yaws as the P4 and that with the right front brake / aerobar the new p3 & p2 were very close.

I remember when the origional S5 came out it was said to be more aero than most TT bikes.

I am looking for something at least as aero as my Plasma 3 (s) but with a bit more toptube length. So some options maybe too high at the front in the sizes that give me enough length.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
boing wrote:

From the ERO testing guessing the new Premier Tactical should be up their for low yaw aeroness as well.

No independent data yet, but the Andean is a clear contender here. It was designed specifically for that, and it was designed by one of the engineers (Kevin Quan) behind the P4 (before he left Cervelo).

"Non est ad astra mollis e terris via." - Seneca | rappstar.com | FB - Rappstar Racing | IG - @jordanrapp
Quote Reply
Re: Best low yaw bike options [Rappstar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The Andean did have a great review in one of the UK magazines and I think Kevin Quan was one of the guys behind my Knight 95 front wheel which tested incredibly well in my current set up. Unfortunately though £7k while much better than the new Cervelo is a bit out of my price range. Also while I understand before long disc breaks will be every where it has taken me a while to build up my wheel collection and so the switch to discs is a little way off for me.
Quote Reply
Re: Best low yaw bike options [Rappstar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Rappstar wrote:
boing wrote:

No independent data yet, but the Andean is a clear contender here. It was designed specifically for that, and it was designed by one of the engineers (Kevin Quan) behind the P4 (before he left Cervelo).

Oh? >600g from -5 to 5 (based on your own testing with the pretty much the fastest wheel out there) isn't impressing anyone.

Shame Kevin didn't spend his time giving it the same geo as the P4...

And the Premier Tactical? Not according to the data they released.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Shiv TT, or maybe the Giant?

Developing aero, fit and other fun stuff at Red is Faster
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I tested the Knight 95 too. It was good, but not spectacular.
Buy a P5 or P3+TriRig bits. Plasma 5, Speedmax CF SLX, or even the Fuji Norcom Straight are decent options as well.
Quote Reply
Re: Best low yaw bike options [Grill] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the info. My Knight 95 was a fair amount faster than my Hadron 625 though that could be partly due to the fact Ì had a Conti SS on the K95 and a GP4000ii on the hadron. They said they had tested Knightd before but hadn't seen such a result as I had with mine. I guess so many vairables - effect of frame size, rider differences etc means not all results are transferable from one setup to another.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Grill wrote:
Buy a P5 or P3+TriRig bits. Plasma 5, Speedmax CF SLX, or even the Fuji Norcom Straight are decent options as well.
A speed concept, especially gen 2, has gotta be faster than the Norcom at least.
Quote Reply
Re: Best low yaw bike options [ridenfish39] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's certainly a good option.

Realistically we're only talking a few watts between to framesets, and most will ruin a potentially fast bike with a crap position, so may as well go with whatever you think looks pretty and won't put you in the poorhouse.
Quote Reply
Re: Best low yaw bike options [ridenfish39] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ridenfish39 wrote:
Grill wrote:
A speed concept, especially gen 2, has gotta be faster than the Norcom at least.

The Speed Concept will go toe to toe with any bike out there. It's an extremely fast bike.However, don't discount the Norcom. IIRC there's data out there somewhere that pegs it as being damn near identical to to the P4.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Grill wrote:

The Fuji certainly never slowed down Cameron Dye. However I'm not sure I'd want to ride and wrench on a bike with those brakes....
Quote Reply
Re: Best low yaw bike options [SkippyKitten] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SkippyKitten wrote:
Shiv TT, or maybe the Giant?

The only test I have seen where the Shiv nosecone beats the P4 is when the P4 has a couple of inches of exposed steer tube a fugly bar setup. With a really clean bar the P4 is hard to beat at low yaw angles.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ask PV in about 10d

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Re: Best low yaw bike options [desert dude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
desert dude wrote:
Ask PV in about 10d

PV?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
PubliusValerius

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Best low yaw bike options [BryanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just read the other thread and get your meaning now.
Quote Reply
Re: Best low yaw bike options [grumpier.mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I wish I could find a P4 in 51. I've searched, what seems like, every corner of the internet to no avail for the past few months.
Quote Reply
Re: Best low yaw bike options [kyle h] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am pretty sure there is one on EBay right now. Too small for me :-(
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Suplicy Quantum

I don't know how many of those are on the road at this point, other than 'not many', but at least the 52 and 54cm molds were finished at the factory and producing ride worthy bikes.

They didn't have enough side area or tube curvature to perform well at 10 degrees and higher, but from the front they were crazy fast.
Quote Reply