Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Best coordinate/neutral fitter Chicago/WI
Quote | Reply
I've searched the prior threads but I'd be interested in current recommendations for a tri bike fitter in Chicago/SE WI (Racine, Milwaukee area) who can give me geometry/specs that I can then use to choose a bike (most likely used). Cost is not a huge issue for the fit, but I'm unlikely to buy a bike from the store affiliates with the fitter given the ability to find good deals on classified here, Craigslist, guys I'm training with, etc. I'm a road biker and this will be first tri bike. thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: Best coordinate/neutral fitter Chicago/WI [sscott43] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I know there are a few shops in the area that have a guru or similar fit bit- I think iron cycles is one of them. Also try talking to one of the Eds at elementmultisport in Chicago. I got my fit done there but i did already own the bike. They still might be able to help you get some geometry and then do another fit once you get a tri bike. They use reteul.

Andy Mullen
Team Zoot
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Go hit up Tim at VillageCycle on Wells St. He knows what he's doing and they have Trek's fit bike/system which I like (all the systems are pretty good honestly). Make sure you play with crank lengths and don't be afraid to go shorter! Also keep in mind that you'll actually have to see where you're going: turtle your head and look forward through the top of your eyes. It will be uncomfortable but it's something you'll adapt to with time. The reason I bring this up is that some people are capable of a more aggressive fit than they can actually practically use on the road (I'm one of those people).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Get-a-Grip in Chicago. Fit is their specialty, and they've been doing it a long time. You will get complete fit specifications for finding the right bike.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
A couple of great fitters in Madison too.
Quote Reply