Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Best Triathlon Online-Shop in the US
Quote | Reply
Hi all,

I am from Switzerland, and as sad as it is for my work, the swiss franc is extremely strong.
But, hey, let's see the good things: If I buy from the US, it's cheap ;-)

Which are the large online-Shops for Triathlon you would recommend?
I can find them on the Internet, but maybe someone can recommend a good one?
I know RACYCLES and Nytro...

Thanks
Marc

https://www.strava.com/athletes/8737518
Quote Reply
Re: Best Triathlon Online-Shop in the US [stettlerm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TriSports
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
For clothing and small items I use swimoutlet.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Inside Out Sports. http://www.insideoutsports.com

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Last edited by: BryanD: Jan 31, 15 3:36
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sadly, amazon.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Discounttrisupply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It kinda depends on the specific product you are looking for. Mostly, I use google.com

Take a short break from ST and read my blog:
http://tri-banter.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Stick to British sites. Most American ones don't have the greatest prices.

Ian
Quote Reply
Re: Best Triathlon Online-Shop in the US [nickwhite] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
nickwhite wrote:
Sadly, amazon.com
Hate to say it, but if Amazon carries it, 9 times outta 10 they're going to be the lowest price. Free 2 day shipping too.
Quote Reply
Re: Best Triathlon Online-Shop in the US [Billyk24] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Trisports is one of the worst. They are always overpriced and have "huge sales" continuously which make their overpriced items poorly priced instead. Also, they never seem to have the item you want in stock.
Quote Reply
Re: Best Triathlon Online-Shop in the US [tamoneya] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tamoneya wrote:
Trisports is one of the worst. They are always overpriced and have "huge sales" continuously which make their overpriced items poorly priced instead. Also, they never seem to have the item you want in stock.

I have never had an issue with Trisports. I normally only purchase during one of their sales and I get what I needed at a price that is right.
Quote Reply
Re: Best Triathlon Online-Shop in the US [BryanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Inside Out Sports is a great shop. I live in Raleigh and frequent the Cary, NC location. Huge selection of swim/bike/run gear, and top notch customer service. That said, there are usually cheaper options when shopping for tri stuff online. I don't mind paying the premiums in store for the service and convenience of getting what I need today, but if I'm buying online I usually use Amazon (running shoes, speedo suits/goggles) or a discount cycling site like Competitive Cyclist or Performance Bikes.
Quote Reply
Re: Best Triathlon Online-Shop in the US [Tcorr44] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I would say just look at German sites like 4the bike and bike 24
It would seem a lot easier than organising delivery from the US and a lot cheaper.
Saying that the best deals I see are usually on the classified section here.
In Reply To:
Quote Reply
Re: Best Triathlon Online-Shop in the US [tamoneya] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You do realize that many, most, if not all online retailers are forced to sell at a certain price? Garmin, zipp, hed, blue70, all pop to mind.

If they don't sell at these prices they can have their accounts pulled by those and other manufacturers. Wouldn't be the first time someone has lost a garmin or other account probably won't be the last either by selling below the manufacturer dictated price.

You also realize that JcPenny's tried the no sale model and it failed. Spectacularly. In fact every major tri and cycling online retailer is always running sales, at least according to my inbox.

I just looked at Garmin Edge 810 bundles from 6 major online tri/cyclingsources. All were $599 except for 2 instances. 1 was selling last year's bundle for $529.99 or this years for $599 and one did not have any bundles in stock, but had they the cost was $599.

So based on that example and the fact that so many vendors dictate prices to the retailer, I'd have to disagree with your statement.

trisports also stocks more SKU's than most triathlon retailers and many of the gian online cycling sources as well.

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Last edited by: desert dude: Jan 31, 15 11:03
Quote Reply
Re: Best Triathlon Online-Shop in the US [desert dude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
desert dude wrote:
You do realize that many, most, if not all online retailers are forced to sell at a certain price? Garmin, zipp, hed, blue70, all pop to mind.

If they don't sell at these prices they can have their accounts pulled by those and other manufacturers. Wouldn't be the first time someone has lost a garmin or other account probably won't be the last either by selling below the manufacturer dictated price.

You also realize that JcPenny's tried the no sale model and it failed. Spectacularly. In fact every major tri and cycling online retailer is always running sales, at least according to my inbox.

I just looked at Garmin Edge 810 bundles from 6 major online tri/cyclingsources. All were $599 except for 2 instances. 1 was selling last year's bundle for $529.99 or this years for $599 and one did not have any bundles in stock, but had they the cost was $599.

So based on that example and the fact that so many vendors dictate prices to the retailer, I'd have to disagree with your statement.

trisports also stocks more SKU's than most triathlon retailers and many of the gian online cycling sources as well.

Do you think that JC Penny's didn't/isn't doing well b/c they just suck? The only people I remember shopping there were my g'parents and my not as afluent aunts/uncles. And that was back in the 80's and maybe early 90's.
Quote Reply
Re: Best Triathlon Online-Shop in the US [keg97] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
keg97 wrote:
Do you think that JC Penny's didn't/isn't doing well b/c they just suck? The only people I remember shopping there were my g'parents and my not as afluent aunts/uncles. And that was back in the 80's and maybe early 90's.

Totally off-topic, but I'll bite. When they reconfigured their stores and went to a no-sale model, their revenue took a nose-dive, almost overnight. When they brought their big, frequent sales back, magic happened. Everyone likes a sale, pure and simple. Yes it's annoying to know if I miss my last chance at 20% off today, I can always wait for tomorrow's 20% off email.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
All3Sports.com in Atlanta.

Habitual line stepper.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
keg97 wrote:
nickwhite wrote:
Sadly, amazon.com

Hate to say it, but if Amazon carries it, 9 times outta 10 they're going to be the lowest price. Free 2 day shipping too.

Why so much hate if you get what you want? You save some money, which allows you to buy more things. Amazon is awesome.

I'll 2nd the Trisports sucks comment. Never in stock and over-priced. I don't even go to their site anymore when I do need something. I unsubscribed to their emails because their 'sales' were crap.

Quote | Reply
TimeIsUp wrote:
keg97 wrote:

Totally off-topic, but I'll bite. When they reconfigured their stores and went to a no-sale model, their revenue took a nose-dive, almost overnight. When they brought their big, frequent sales back, magic happened. Everyone likes a sale, pure and simple. Yes it's annoying to know if I miss my last chance at 20% off today, I can always wait for tomorrow's 20% off email.
Interesting. If that played out how you said, it certainly lends credence to the everybody loves a sale theory.
Quote Reply
Re: Best Triathlon Online-Shop in the US [Economist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Economist wrote:
keg97 wrote:
nickwhite wrote:
Sadly, amazon.com

Why so much hate if you get what you want? You save some money, which allows you to buy more things. Amazon is awesome.

I'll 2nd the Trisports sucks comment. Never in stock and over-priced. I don't even go to their site anymore when I do need something. I unsubscribed to their emails because their 'sales' were crap.

Oh I love Amazon. UPS visits us 3-5 days/week with Amazon deliveries. Any consternation from me is due to the fact that since Amazon makes it so easy, you ignore the other tri specific websites.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Slowtwitch Classifieds and EBay....
Quote Reply
Re: Best Triathlon Online-Shop in the US [Tcorr44] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I live in Raleigh too. I hang out at IOS frequently.

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Best Triathlon Online-Shop in the US [nickwhite] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
nickwhite wrote:
Sadly, amazon.com

+1.

Proud Representative of Slowtwitch Anti-Atheists Society.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I used to support Trisports as late as Dec. Till I came to realised that they just recovered from bankruptcy. Their prices are kinda steep these days as well.

Just got some stuff of chain-reaction just last night. The shipping prices were much better as well

http://RoadID.com/...te/4HC4V-TAFQ9XPJDTX
Quote Reply
Re: Best Triathlon Online-Shop in the US [Economist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Economist wrote:
keg97 wrote:
nickwhite wrote:
Sadly, amazon.com

Amazon makes you pay for your place in line and disguises it as a shipping charge.

For the Prime price you get first in line.
For the free shipping you get last in line. They don't actually ship with a quicker method unless you pick overnight shipping.

I've gone the free shipping route and they've waited 5 days to ship an item I ordered.
Quote Reply

Prev Next