Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Best "Interactive" Trainer for Indoors
Quote | Reply
Looking to possibly upgrade my indoor trainer to something that allows me to go through different training programs and measure my outputs. HR, watts, etc. Something where you can interact with training routines on a phone or ipad. I'm sure I can simply put a bike computer w/ hr monitor on and watch a program on TV or something too. I'm really clueless as far as the world of off-season training goes and just could use some solid advice. I currently have a kinetic fluid trainer that I ride, but I pretty much just sit and pedal, which is pretty damn boring and not super helpful as far as off-season improvements go.

Any advice helps a ton.

Thanks
Chris
Quote Reply
Re: Best "Interactive" Trainer for Indoors [cmd111183] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Get the InRide from KK and sign up for TrainerRoad... check though first to make sure the iOS app supports InRide (it should).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The Wahoo Kickr can take the brainwork out of it - I use it almost exclusively with Erg workouts, which varies the load based on your cadence and gearing to force you to ride a fixed wattage. I love it because no matter whether I'm feeling lazy or not, the trainer doesn't slack on me.

Re: Best "Interactive" Trainer for Indoors [IKnowEverything] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Do either of these track workouts or are able to export workouts into an online source. I'd like to be able to track my progress, ala Garmin Connect for my runs.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
With the Kickr I use a third party software called PerfPro - it has just about every bell and whistle you could imagine in terms of analysis, tracking, stats, ets... and it has options to upload to Trainingpeaks, etc.

I can't comment on the Wahoo software that you download for iOS with the Kickr, as I already owned Perfpro when I bought it, so saw no reason to switch software.

Quote | Reply
Has anyone used or have any experience with Kinetic InRide? Reviews say it sucked for a few years and now with the software adjustments it's solid with the exception of cadence which is still a virtual measurement as there is no cadence sensor associated to date. If it's a decent product, I'm in good shape since I already have Road Machine and get's me to my goals without having to buy a whole new trainer. In addition, best software to share data with?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My biggest issue with InRide was whether or not the wireless worked but that, I think, was particular to my residence. The new software is actually quite nice. Yes cadence is inferred but it was usually pretty accurate for me
Quote Reply
Re: Best "Interactive" Trainer for Indoors [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Awesome. Thanks! What software were you exporting to? Strava or TrainingPeaks or something else?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't recall what I was using at the time. Probably Training Peaks.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
IKnowEverything wrote:
With the Kickr I use a third party software called PerfPro - it has just about every bell and whistle you could imagine in terms of analysis, tracking, stats, ets... and it has options to upload to Trainingpeaks, etc.

I can't comment on the Wahoo software that you download for iOS with the Kickr, as I already owned Perfpro when I bought it, so saw no reason to switch software.

similar for me but with a Computrainer... I've had this trainer since '02 and it's been faultless and PerfPro for about 2 years now.
throw in the Sufferfest videos and I can't even imagine wanting anything else...
until some develops........ well, I can't think of anything.
Quote Reply