Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Best Carbon Repair on East Coast-DC or Richmond area preferred
Quote | Reply
Looking at getting my frame repaired from my crash earlier this year. I have some quotes put in, but I am looking for places somewhat local that would also have a transferable warranty (won't hide the fact I crashed if I sell).

I am about 1.25 hours from DC and 1.5 hours from Richmond area.

Also, any personal experiences for good or bad would be appreciated-PM if preferred.

Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Best Carbon Repair on East Coast-DC or Richmond area preferred [littlefoot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Best Carbon Repair on East Coast-DC or Richmond area preferred [littlefoot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Theres a guy named Rick in Bristow area that does repair. Local shops always send stuff to him and no complaints I've heard. My bike is currently with him.

Lost his business card but shoot him a text 703-589-7182

IG - @ryanppax
http://www.geluminati.com
Use code ST5 for $5 off your order
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
nothing to add but will watch this with interest.

i've got a scott addict gravel that i crashed after just a few rides. the fork is definitely damaged and i'd like to have the frame inspected too. here in switzerland i was quoted 1100 francs by one place, which seems pricey (?). i've also been told that generally repairing forks isn't worth it, so maybe i need to just accept that and move on?

will be curious to hear what you find out.

http://howtobeswiss.blogspot.ch/
Quote Reply
Re: Best Carbon Repair on East Coast-DC or Richmond area preferred [Ryanppax] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks. Also got the PM that was sent. Appreciate it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I searched around the country to get my CF road bike repaired a couple of years ago. Several places said it wasn't repairable. Ruckus Composites fixed it, no problem.
They're out of Oregon.
My bike came back looking brand new. It was a 12 year old frame.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't have any suggestions for places, but I've done some carbon repair work for aerospace, make sure that wherever you go has a mature inspection program, preferably ultrasonic or x-ray, to make sure that they actually identify the extent of the damage so it can be properly repaired. I'm always wary of the places that are run by some guy out of his garage.
Quote Reply
Re: Best Carbon Repair on East Coast-DC or Richmond area preferred [imswimmer328] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks. Good advice. I'll be sure to ask.
Quote Reply
Re: Best Carbon Repair on East Coast-DC or Richmond area preferred [Bumble Bee] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bumble Bee wrote:
I searched around the country to get my CF road bike repaired a couple of years ago. Several places said it wasn't repairable. Ruckus Composites fixed it, no problem.
They're out of Oregon.
My bike came back looking brand new. It was a 12 year old frame.

Just shot them a request for a quote. Thanks.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Also, as imswimmer suggests, Ruckus will do a thorough checkup on your bike before repairs to confirm nothing else is damaged.
Quote Reply
Re: Best Carbon Repair on East Coast-DC or Richmond area preferred [Bumble Bee] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah, I noticed that too when I looked at their site.
Quote Reply