Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Best App to Track Running?
Quote | Reply
What apps do people use to track their weekly running (miles, distance, pace)? I know lots of people are on training peaks. Anything else?

Do you use a different app for biking and swimming, or all in one?
Quote Reply
Re: Best App to Track Running? [aerobike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
strava is my go to.

now that I've figured out how to have my garmin connect account automatically submit my sessions to strava, I have all my training automatically loaded in one spot and there is enough info to satisfy me............ for now.

Tim
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm not sure which is the best but I've tried Endomondo, Nike Running and neither was as good as Strava. I have heard from "runners" that Run Keeper is a great app but most of the time it's a personal preference thing. I'd say use Strava and it keeps biking and running in one place and syncs to Garmin Connect as others have mentioned.

Give them all a try and pick the one that you like best.

------
"Train so you have no regrets @ the finish line"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Been using RunningAhead.com for years to track all of my activities.
Quote Reply
Re: Best App to Track Running? [TimAndrus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TimAndrus wrote:
strava is my go to.

now that I've figured out how to have my garmin connect account automatically submit my sessions to strava, I have all my training automatically loaded in one spot and there is enough info to satisfy me............ for now.

Ditto. Love Strava. I'm impressed with how they continue to devote a lot of time to the tracking and training aspects of their site: they are way more than the segments and competitive side. I do like the segments, and the options for classifying runs as training/racing/long run, etc. It's especially good if you have a heart rate monitor. They are the best and only getting better -- still room to improve, and I like that they actually listen to suggestions and get back to users quickly with a reply.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I use my iPhone and iSmoothrun, then after my run I have iSmoothrun setup to export to Strava. ISmoothrun gives me freedom of my data, and then on Strava, I can do all the things that are great about Strava!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Definitely Strava! First thing I do when I go to a new place is explore all of the activities and segments--it's especially fun in big cities, surprisingly. Having Strava hold me accountable has probably been one of the big reasons I've improved a bunch over the last year. Plus the social network aspect of it is awesome if you're into that sort of thing.

------
David Roche
Some Work, All Play podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/...ll-play/id1521532868
Coaching: https://swaprunning.com/
Quote Reply