Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Best/funniest cycling or running jersey you've seen
Quote | Reply
I have a friend who can make custom prints on shirts and am looking for some ideas for a racing jersey. Can be as random and weird as you like. Go!
Quote Reply
Re: Best/funniest cycling or running jersey you've seen [redshirtrunning] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I saw one the other day where it looked like a crash test dummy. The guy was on the road. It was so bright with the yellow and orange he almost glowed. An excellent jersey for visual, only issue is the idea of it being for crash dummy's.

On a side-note, I know a couple people who bought military bike jersey's (Army, Marines, etc.). Since purchasing them, they have almost zero issues on the road. Some drivers even beep and wave (East side of MI). They bought them from a veterans fund raising event. But that idea doesn't really fit in here. Your post just made me think of it.

Quote | Reply
Retired Marine here, with quite a few Marine Corps jersey's, I have noticed a different general attitude on the road when I'm sporting one of the Marine Corps jerseys. Get a lot of "SEMPER FI" shout outs.

--------------------------
The secret of a long life is you try not to shorten it.
-Nobody
Quote Reply
Re: Best/funniest cycling or running jersey you've seen [redshirtrunning] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This doesn't exactly count, but I was at a recent triathlon where this old dude (spectator) was wearing a tee shirt that said "I don't do triathlons, I do a triathlete." Too funny!

John Snyder @URNotAsCoolAsMe
Quote Reply
Re: Best/funniest cycling or running jersey you've seen [Snyderman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Snyderman wrote:
This doesn't exactly count, but I was at a recent triathlon where this old dude (spectator) was wearing a tee shirt that said "I don't do triathlons, I do a triathlete." Too funny!

I have an "Animal House" Cycling Jersey. Though some "kids" these days are too young to even know about that movie.

TrainingBible Coaching
http://www.trainingbible.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Don't know whether this counts as funny, but a guy in front of me on a local climb had

RUN
ME
OVER

on the back of his jersey.

Hmm, why would anyone put that on a cycling jersey?

Well, as I got next to him I saw the first line which was basically invisible from behind as he was in a "normal" cycling position:

DON'T

Seems whoever put that jersey together didn't know much about cycling and the normal riding position...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just search for Mario Cipollini on Google Images.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Perhaps "NOT your cousin" on the back, cos then the retards won't try and f*ck you whilst riding....
Quote Reply
Re: Best/funniest cycling or running jersey you've seen [TheGupster] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So, could a conclusion be drawn here? That it's the patriots that call out. If you're wearing camo etc they say something nice, but if you're wearing something else they hurl abuse? Because I can't imagine the angry drivers just don't happen to be on the road as a coincidence while wearing camo.
Quote Reply
Re: Best/funniest cycling or running jersey you've seen [sharkbait_au] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dunno about that but it shows the Camo isn't working... cos they see you and shout out to you.... shite Camo.. ;)
Quote Reply
Re: Best/funniest cycling or running jersey you've seen [shadwell] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You should suggest wearing Camo in the "how to get over the fear of riding on the road" thread.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I was thinking of mocking the themes we see on cars.....

"My other bike is a P5" (insert dream bike)

The stick figures of your entire family and pets

"My kid dropped your honor student kid"

"Get off my ass. I'm only doing 18 mph..."

"Share the road" and then a silhouette of a car (see, we care!) or a turtle (awwww)

The Confederate flag is probably the safest though. I live in NC.

Cheers,

thechromedome
http://www.favoritefinishlines.blogspot.com
http://www.cupcakecartel.org
My 20% off code for 2018 FS Series races: tricred18
"there are no drafters in heaven" - C Bonner
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"honk if you've never seen a gun fired from a bicycle"
Quote Reply
Re: Best/funniest cycling or running jersey you've seen [owen.] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
owen. wrote:
"honk if you've never seen a gun fired from a bicycle"

win lol.

how about I eat vegans

http://RoadID.com/...te/4HC4V-TAFQ9XPJDTX
Quote Reply
Re: Best/funniest cycling or running jersey you've seen [mck414] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You know, I wondered if that would help. But my semester of ROTC doesn't give me the privilege to wear a military jersey. With that said, an NRA might make a few people back off.

"In the world I see you are stalking elk through the damp canyon forests around the ruins of Rockefeller Center. You'll wear leather clothes that will last you the rest of your life. You'll climb the wrist-thick kudzu vines that wrap the Sears Towers. And when you look down, you'll see tiny figures pounding corn, laying stripes of venison on the empty car pool lane of some abandoned superhighway." T Durden
Quote Reply
Re: Best/funniest cycling or running jersey you've seen [TheForge] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hell, arguably none of us have raced Pro in Europe but we still ride in replica team kit.

Same applies for miliary gear if it saves a life :-)

Wearing a military cycle jersey could just mean "I support the Army" or whichever branch you prefer.

Lotsa people wear college hoddies that never went there. Or replica sports team gear.

I live in New Zealand. As a joke (I think she wants me dead!) my wife got me an Australian flag cycle jersey. I certainly noticed motorists drove closer when I wore it. I eventually gave it to an Aussie colleague who was returning to Oz. He was stoked, and so was I! I lived to tell this story.

TriDork

"Happiness is a myth. All you can hope for is to get laid once in a while, drunk once in a while and to eat chocolate every day"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
A sutdy in England, I think last year, found that cyclists wearing a jersey with a graphic of a video camera on the back, were given the widest berth by passing motorists. Cyclists dressed as women (skirt and long wig) that weaved a little as they rode along the road also got a pretty wide berth.

TriDork

"Happiness is a myth. All you can hope for is to get laid once in a while, drunk once in a while and to eat chocolate every day"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a custom t-shirt that I wear sometimes that is Harley orange and says "I'd Rather Be On A Harley" on the back. The only people that yell at me are Harley Davidson lovers....I live in the NC mountains where everyone loves HD!!

--------------------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
" Your wife is my other bike"
j

You can't fix stupid ..
Quote Reply