Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Barrie Tri - August 8
Quote | Reply
A friend asked me to do the Barrie (Ontario) Sprint Tri on August 8th with him. Has anyone here done this race recently - thoughts/comments - pretty standard, or are there any big problems with it?

Thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: Barrie Tri - August 8 [The Guardian] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Great event. When I did it a few years ago, they had a bike course that was completely closed to cars - which is an extreme rarity in triathlon. It's multiple laps, but still - closed to car traffic and having the full lane is outstanding.

Steve Fleck @stevefleck | Blog
Quote Reply
Re: Barrie Tri - August 8 [The Guardian] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have not done it recently. It used to be run by TrisportCanada (Subaru Series) and was a great race! I believe that the Town of Barrie and Trisport had some differences and they parted ways. The town then thought they could run the race on its own. I did it the one year the town ran it and they made an complete mess of the race! No timing chips and peoples times were messed up, course not right etc etc. A lot of people were not happy...including myself. So I have never done it since. I have heard that they are a bit more organized now though.
It is a nice venue. Swim is in the bay and the water conditions are pretty good. The bike course along the North shore of Kempenfelt Bay is really nice! The run is along the paths by the water and can be hot in the sun as there are no shaded areas.

Member of the Litespeed Factory Team
www.litespeed.com
Quote Reply