Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Bad blisters Brooks running shoes
Quote | Reply
I used the Brooks Pure Flow 2 this weekend for a Standard (no socks) and got shocking blisters. They're well worn in and when I first got them I struggled with them but I haven't been too bad in them since running regular 5ks and multiple sprints. Anyone one else experienced problems with this shoe?
Quote Reply
Re: Bad blisters Brooks running shoes [ilovetri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I trained and raced for a HM in brooks ravennas. All the training runs and a 10k race in the lead up to the HM were fine but I landed up with blisters at the HM and on all subsequent runs. I retired the shoes in the end.
Quote Reply
Re: Bad blisters Brooks running shoes [Scheherazade] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Has anyone got any recommendations on comparable shoes i.e. fairly light, with decent cushioning and a fairly low heel to toe drop but that don't blister - Kinvaras?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That is going to be pretty personal since I wear the flow 2's and 3's and drifts both with socks and without. I have never got severe blisters from any of them. Occasionally, there may be small to medium (<1cm) painless blisters.

How much are your feet sliding around in them? If you get blisters sockless that never occurred with socks, perhaps it is as simple as sizing down or tightening up the laces.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've run in the Flow 2 sockless up to 8 miles without significant blister problems. Could be a number of factors that caused yours. A bit odd as it sounds like they were well worn in.

--------------------------
The secret of a long life is you try not to shorten it.
-Nobody
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Do you train without socks?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm exactly the same as you. I get bad blisters in Pure Flows. My race kicks are Brooks T3 Racer, and a lot better, especially if I put Body Glide around the sides and on the tongue. Give those a shot. I have friends that similarly race barefoot in Kinvaras, so that may be an option as well.
Quote Reply
Re: Bad blisters Brooks running shoes [nickwhite] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks I think they may be touch wide but I think the shoe also disagrees with me. Body glide sounds like a good idea and I'll look to try on some new shoes.
Quote Reply