Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Baby on the way - Rinny and T.O.
Quote | Reply
Posted on their FB pages today - baby due in August - Congratulations!

FIRST!
Quote Reply
Re: Baby on the way - Rinny and T.O. [cyfac06] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Congrats to both, that's terrific.

------------------------------------------------------------
Any run that doesn't include pooping in someone's front yard is a win.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Is she going to feed that baby breast milk or chocolate milk?
Quote Reply
Re: Baby on the way - Rinny and T.O. [layaway tay] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
layaway tay wrote:
Is she going to feed that baby breast milk or chocolate milk?

Chocolate breast milk maybe?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
When do we start the baby Carfrae vs. baby Jorgensen vs. baby Frodeno for 2040 olympics thread?

808 > NYC > PDX > YVR
2024 Races: Taupo
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
She'll still probably outrun everyone at Kona

Take a short break from ST and read my blog:
http://tri-banter.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Baby on the way - Rinny and T.O. [hadukla] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
New generation of super triathletes on the way!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
hadukla wrote:
When do we start the baby Carfrae vs. baby Jorgensen vs. baby Frodeno for 2040 olympics thread?

Don't sleep on baby Lauren Fleshman-Jesse Thomas

Alex Arman

Strava
Quote Reply
Re: Baby on the way - Rinny and T.O. [doublea334] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
doublea334 wrote:
hadukla wrote:

Give me baby Frodeno for the win. Congrats to Rinny though :)

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply
Re: Baby on the way - Rinny and T.O. [Thomas Gerlach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thomas Gerlach wrote:
doublea334 wrote:
hadukla wrote:

What about one giant baby Frodeno vs 100 mini sized Rinny/T.O. babies?
Quote Reply
Re: Baby on the way - Rinny and T.O. [ctbrian] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ctbrian wrote:
Thomas Gerlach wrote:
doublea334 wrote:
hadukla wrote:

What about one giant baby Frodeno vs 100 mini sized Rinny/T.O. babies?

Hadn't considered that, lol.

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply
Re: Baby on the way - Rinny and T.O. [Thomas Gerlach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thomas Gerlach wrote:
doublea334 wrote:
hadukla wrote:

Mitochondria genetics pretty well comes from the mother' side. Frodo has near zero impact on junior's genetics for winning endurance contests. All the slow twitch geeks on here, if you are fast, thank you mom.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
hadukla wrote:

If they are smart, they will play tennis, or golf since careers are decent length and pay is decent. Or be an engineer, lawyer, accountant, doctor, scientist etc etc, since lifetime earnings in these professions is much higher than lifetime NFL earnings and way higher than pro triathlete....that's if earning money is part of the decision making, which generally speaking it should not be....just do what you enjoy and maybe have a decent aptitude for.
Quote Reply
Re: Baby on the way - Rinny and T.O. [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
devashish_paul wrote:

If they are smart, they will play tennis, or golf since careers are decent length and pay is decent. Or be an engineer, lawyer, accountant, doctor, scientist etc etc, since lifetime earnings in these professions is much higher than lifetime NFL earnings and way higher than pro triathlete....that's if earning money is part of the decision making, which generally speaking it should not be....just do what you enjoy and maybe have a decent aptitude for.

Ha! Not for any engineers or scientists in academia, regrettably. I was actually thinking about lifetime earnings recently. I managed not to cry...

Quote Reply
Re: Baby on the way - Rinny and T.O. [CCF] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
CCF wrote:
devashish_paul wrote:

Ha! Not for any engineers or scientists in academia, regrettably. I was actually thinking about lifetime earnings recently. I managed not to cry...

I bet you engineers and scientists in academia still make more lifetime than NFL and certainly more than pro triathletes. Do the math over a 40 year career. Keep in mind how SHORT the average NFL career is. For many it is only a few games LIFETIME, so they bring the average way down, and they should given the low probability of making it. It's why generally the higher order intellectual professions are still relatively LOW PERFORMANCE compared to HIGH PERFORMANCE sport because so many people can make good incomes in them being somewhat average. For example, there are barely 200-300 cyclists that can earn a reasonable career in any given year. Meanwhile one wing of a subset of a cube farm at Intel is going to out earn the entire pro peloton in the same year. The 7 engineers sitting across from me, will make more than the entire Kona prize purse this year and that's the top triathletes in the world, vs some moderately smart techies in a sea of insanely smart techies.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yep, all good points, especially about the average NFL career (which isn't really a career at all). My biggest choking point is the initial income. In the 15 years immediately after I finished college (2000-2015, including six years as a grad student) I made approx $300K (gross total). That's a big hole to dig out of. As you said, I'm very happy to have made very few decisions based on financial gains in my life.

I left academia in January 2016, at which point my lifetime earnings curve got a big inflection point. :)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think you forget who Frodeno is married to....
Quote Reply
Re: Baby on the way - Rinny and T.O. [CCF] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
CCF wrote:
devashish_paul wrote:

Although probably true, don't most in academia have great pension plans and the average work day makes those in France look overworked?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Do the math over a 40 year career------- in todays world, it is unlikely one will work 40 years at the same place for the same folks. Not every job change(s) are for the better.
Quote Reply
Re: Baby on the way - Rinny and T.O. [Billyk24] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Billyk24 wrote:
Do the math over a 40 year career------- in todays world, it is unlikely one will work 40 years at the same place for the same folks. Not every job change(s) are for the better.

No one said working in the same place for the same folks though
Quote Reply
Re: Baby on the way - Rinny and T.O. [mdanvers] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mdanvers wrote:

I know exactly who Frodo is married to, but he would have no impact on the endurance performance (genetically speaking) of the kids. Emma's kids vs Rinny's kids is potentially a great competition, but Emma can make babies with anyone whether they are Frodo or not and said kids will have a good shot with Rinny's kids. Who Frodo or TO make babies with impacts the ability of the offspring to compete in endurance sport. Rinny or Emma could pick any guy and have the same endurance sporting outcome, at least so the theory goes
Quote Reply
Re: Baby on the way - Rinny and T.O. [B.McMaster] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
B.McMaster wrote:

Although probably true, don't most in academia have great pension plans and the average work day makes those in France look overworked?

Pension plan/401K yes, likely better than most, although it's still based off under open-market value salary, so in the end it's basically a wash.

The light work day/lots of vacation argument is one of the biggest jokes I've ever heard. We don't work for nine months, we work for 12 and get paid for nine. Now that I've been out of it for a year, and my wife is still a professor, I'm coming to realize how backwards the whole system really is.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thank the lord for that then...

devashish_paul wrote:
Thomas Gerlach wrote:
doublea334 wrote:
hadukla wrote:

Mitochondria genetics pretty well comes from the mother' side. Frodo has near zero impact on junior's genetics for winning endurance contests. All the slow twitch geeks on here, if you are fast, thank you mom.

http://www.sweat7.com
Facebook Page: Sweat7
Twitter: @sweat7coaching
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
devashish_paul wrote:
mdanvers wrote:

I know exactly who Frodo is married to, but he would have no impact on the endurance performance (genetically speaking) of the kids. Emma's kids vs Rinny's kids is potentially a great competition, but Emma can make babies with anyone whether they are Frodo or not and said kids will have a good shot with Rinny's kids. Who Frodo or TO make babies with impacts the ability of the offspring to compete in endurance sport. Rinny or Emma could pick any guy and have the same endurance sporting outcome, at least so the theory goes

Dev,

You're giving a good bit too much credit to the female's mitochondrial DNA as the only thing that will influence the offspring's future endurance performance. Factors such as percentage of slowtwitch fibers and a multitude of other factors are donated by mother and father equally. It's not just about the mom.

Hugh

Genetics load the gun, lifestyle pulls the trigger.
Quote Reply
Re: Baby on the way - Rinny and T.O. [doublea334] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I wouldn't sleep on baby Nicola Spirig/Reto Hug either.
Quote Reply

Prev Next