Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

BTA Hydration for very narrow bars
Quote | Reply
What options (if any) do I have for a bar set up like this:

With both the narrowness and the Zipp Evo extensions moving towards the center there isnt space for a normal bottle much less the FC35 I used to run. I'm actually curious if the Profile design Aeria Hydration system would fit over my vision stem (with some retrofitting) but thats more than I would like to spend anyways. What have you all used with similar setups?

Benjamin Deal - Professional - Instagram - TriRig - Lodi Cyclery
Deals on Wheels - Results, schedule, videos, sponsors
Quote Reply
Re: BTA Hydration for very narrow bars [realbdeal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The bars on my p5x are currently set fairly narrow, but the Vision Metron front hydration system just barely fits.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Can you mount a cage on the extensions near the stem? I have mine set up between my pads basically and it works well.

Twitter - Instagram
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Not narrow, but I have a short reach so I have to place the BTA way back. I was using a FC25 which is shallower than the 35, and with the extensions that come with it I was able to pull it back and raise enough to where the back of the bottle (not the bento box) would sit on top of the stem.
Maybe this could work for you as well?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Could something like this work for you? I do this because of the angle of the bars (vs the width) but similar deal. This is a cage mounted to my stem, facing backwards. In my case I'm using the older Tririg Sigma XF which has cage bosses on the upper surface. Hides pretty well between my arms when I'm riding... I actually space the cage upwards a little bit to bring it closer to my arms.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
torhans aero 30

realbdeal wrote:
What options (if any) do I have for a bar set up like this:

With both the narrowness and the Zipp Evo extensions moving towards the center there isnt space for a normal bottle much less the FC35 I used to run. I'm actually curious if the Profile design Aeria Hydration system would fit over my vision stem (with some retrofitting) but thats more than I would like to spend anyways. What have you all used with similar setups?

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Re: BTA Hydration for very narrow bars [knighty76] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was looking at the feasibility of that for my setup last night and while I think I could squeeze something in there I've always been curious about drinking from it. Do you just have to pull the whole bottle out of the cage and drink like normal? Seems like kind of a hassle. Do you swap bottles from rear cages in longer races or what?

Benjamin Deal - Professional - Instagram - TriRig - Lodi Cyclery
Deals on Wheels - Results, schedule, videos, sponsors
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have the exact same extensions and i used to run an XLAB Kompact 500 which i clipped to the end of the bars, near where the cables exit

So the water bottle cage would sit between the pads.

Used to have a Torpedo by XLAB as well, but hated how leaky it was. Been happy with the Kompact ever since.

3toronto Triathlon
Quote Reply
Re: BTA Hydration for very narrow bars [416_CBass] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Get an xlab torpedo, with the Velcro straps you can mount easily and bars can be so close that the mount itself almost rests on top of the bars.

Ps. Zero leakage on torpedo
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I know, it must seem absurd. In another 5 years you will have an IV bag integrated into the downtube or something in place of today's crude oral hydration systems and it will seem crazy that any of us ever had to use our mouths to drink. The inconvenience!

I will leave it to the late (well, from these parts at least) and great Jack Mott to demonstrate this arcane method.

Sort of pink 😉.

Quote Reply