Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

BTA Bottle Advice
Quote | Reply
Trying to set up my BTA bottle and would appreciate some feedback. Right now, the bottle slightly angles up because the part closest to me has to get above the stem. Would it be worth leveling it off with some tiny washers? I'm asking from an aeroness perspective. I'm not sure if keeping the bottle low vs. level is worth it. The bottle would have to be raised about an eighth of an inch to be level. I would also appreciate any other feedback based on the pictures below.

Quote Reply
Re: BTA Bottle Advice [aries33] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
From everything I have read, if you are in an aero position the horizontal BTA setup doesn't come with any aero penalty. I wouldn't worry about the slight angle.

------
"Train so you have no regrets @ the finish line"
Quote Reply
Re: BTA Bottle Advice [cshowe80] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cshowe80 wrote:
From everything I have read, if you are in an aero position the horizontal BTA setup doesn't come with any aero penalty. I wouldn't worry about the slight angle.

Then you have not heard Erosports results, because they said they had could not duplicate Cervelo's results. They eventually figured out how and have hinted that the BTA is not as straight forward as you would thing.

I would suggest that OP move the whole bottle up and level, not so much for the level, but the pads are mounted well above the extensions. If the bottle was higher it would be better shielded by the arms.
Quote Reply
Re: BTA Bottle Advice [aries33] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
looks fine to me

Want: 58cm Cervelo Soloist. PM me if you have one to sell

Vintage Cervelo: A Resource
Quote Reply
Re: BTA Bottle Advice [chaparral] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
chaparral wrote:
cshowe80 wrote:

Then you have not heard Erosports results, because they said they had could not duplicate Cervelo's results. They eventually figured out how and have hinted that the BTA is not as straight forward as you would thing.

I would suggest that OP move the whole bottle up and level, not so much for the level, but the pads are mounted well above the extensions. If the bottle was higher it would be better shielded by the arms.

Do you have a link, couldnt find via search.

Want: 58cm Cervelo Soloist. PM me if you have one to sell

Vintage Cervelo: A Resource
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
chaparral wrote:
cshowe80 wrote:

x2

from what i've read, the bottle should be between the arms, not below or above. i haven't tested this, though, so take that advice fwiw.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The cervelo test can be replicate by positioning the bottle ''perfectly''. to make it simple, it as to disappear between you arms....not seeing it from the front or from the side. If you see it... it s most likely not the fastest option for you and a torhan aero is a much safer choice.

This tested fast..... hands are touching each other...forarms are touching the bottle at all time....elbow very narrow.
:

Those arms cooler....great but not so fast ;)

Jonathan Caron / Professional Coach / ironman champions / age group world champions
Jonnyo Coaching
Instargram
Quote Reply
Re: BTA Bottle Advice [jonnyo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I would try moving it forward. It will hide between your arms better i also find that the computer is easy to see between your arms. But as mentioned, to get hte most out of BTA, you'll want the extension/arms closer together. Virtually squeezing the bottle.

http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd41/motoguy128/20141027_122236_resized_zps4b23ab86.jpg

Pretty much disappears as shown above. http://i227.photobucket.com/...73-4_zpsuobuzbgt.jpg

TrainingBible Coaching
http://www.trainingbible.com
Quote Reply