Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

BRILLIANT: Bontrager TLR Flash Charger
Quote | Reply
I know many of you don't mountain bike so may not know what a PIA it can be to seat a tubeless tire. Along comes the Flash Charger. Only concern is the ability to also use it with a wheel cover. The head looks like it would work since it looks smaller than my JOEBLOW pro pump. I'm sure a few of you won't like it because it doesn't cost $450. ;) I'll venture into my Trek store and see if they have one I can try out on all my bikes and different wheel types.

Some of you may ask why something like this is needed. For Joe Average mountain biker, they may need to seat tires once a year or very rarely. Mountain bike racers change tires based on trail conditions. Prior to a mountain bike race, I'll pre-ride the course and change tires every lap to see which one works best (same with gearing). Having something like this at a trail head would be awesome. I just hope it works as good as the glossy brochure makes it sound.

http://www.bikerumor.com/...ss-tires/#more-86589

Video

Quote | Reply
I am very interested in this pump. If it works well I will be much more likely try road/cross/gravel tubeless. David K
Quote Reply
Re: BRILLIANT: Bontrager TLR Flash Charger [DavidK] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If I can get my hands on one tomorrow I'll test it out. I'll bring in my CX and 29er since they info I read tested it on a 26er.

Quote | Reply
pff starter fluid and a lighter is much more fun!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GmMsBSbFq-g
Quote Reply
Re: BRILLIANT: Bontrager TLR Flash Charger [TheGupster] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How would you do it without this item? (changing tires per lap)
Quote Reply
Re: BRILLIANT: Bontrager TLR Flash Charger [James Haycraft] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
A cheap large diameter barrel Performance floor pump worked fine for me on 26er MTB tires and CX tires until it broke.
New pump with smaller diameter doesn't.
Now I just use a CO2.
I don't change around much.
Quote Reply
Re: BRILLIANT: Bontrager TLR Flash Charger [James Haycraft] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
James Haycraft wrote:
How would you do it without this item? (changing tires per lap)

Some races would have a compressor set-up. Otherwise Co2, which can get pricey, although they are MUCH cheaper on Amazon.

Quote | Reply
Cool idea and it would work awesome on my current MTB wheelset but not on my ghetto tubeless previous wheelset. The ghetto tubeless required full on compressor volume for a good amount of time to get the beads to seat.
Quote Reply