Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: B2B vs IM [Mike Alexander] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
B2B = best race ever! Hopes of coming back for a do-over of my 2011 140.6 have kept me going through three years of injury, PT, etc....

No coasting in running and no crying in baseball
Quote Reply
Re: B2B vs IM [HuffNPuff] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
HuffNPuff wrote:
M~ wrote:
znerd wrote:
I've had people discount the achievement of B2B 140.6 because of the assisted swim with the current. Has anyone experienced this? And how much time does it knock off?

Those people are idiots.

Probably the same people that come on and whine about IM Chattanooga.

LOL, I'm one of those people. 2009 when I did it, I swam 43 minutes. Better in 2010, it took me 55 minutes, but I think that was the last year with a "slack tide".

I'll be honest, that's the biggest reason I haven't returned. Ironman, sorry 140.6, swim is already short enough.
Last edited by: deh20: Nov 24, 15 15:16
Quote Reply
Re: B2B vs IM [Tri3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So when will ironman buy this race?
Quote Reply
Re: B2B vs IM [Mike Alexander] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've done the full at B2B twice and the half 3 times. And have multiple Mdot races as well

In full disclosure I live in Wilmington so a major plus for about this race is sleeping in my own bed the night before and getting drunk in a familiar bar afterwards. (Both major plusses) Aside from that:

Positives:
- Cheap registration
- Great local support (again, I'm a local)
- It seems to me like the race organizers listen to the feedback and change the race accordingly, within reason of course. Reference the multiple changes to the run course and finish line set up
- I like the difference in race locations. Swim at the beach, ride in the country, run in the city
- Pretty good swag
- I feel like you don't get a whole lot of those TYPE A personalities at this race that you can have at others
- For a beginner there may not be so much pressure to perform. Also for beginners the assist on the current in the swim can be huge

Negatives:
- Logistics of moving bikes and bags around can be a pain in the ass
- It can be cold as shit. ( I'm working on getting this handled though)
- Can be lonely on the bike, as well as in the later parts of the night.

I am certainly open for more discussion if you'd like. Just shoot me a message

Last edited by: Turd Ferguson: Nov 24, 15 15:49
Quote Reply

Prev Next