Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Athlete DQ'd at IM Raleigh 70.3 for probable course cutting
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Athlete DQ'd at IM Raleigh 70.3 for probable course cutting [Lsswim] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Love the headline. 'Sponsored' athlete. Lol
Quote Reply
Re: Athlete DQ'd at IM Raleigh 70.3 for probable course cutting [Lsswim] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Always women now.
Quote Reply
Re: Athlete DQ'd at IM Raleigh 70.3 for probable course cutting [friesen] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Lolling at the comments in the article, looks like the person in question is posting..
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Seriously!

Does she really think anyone is going to buy that 2:01 run when she's a 1 hour swimmer and nearly 4 hour biker for the 70.3 distance. Not to mention the hour PR for 13.1 miles despite the five hours of racing in the heat beforehand. Complete BS.

I will also judge a book by its cover and say she's incapable of that 2:01 split. 2:01 is a pretty good female AG split at a hot race like Raleigh. It would have been the 17th fastest run split in her AG.

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Re: Athlete DQ'd at IM Raleigh 70.3 for probable course cutting [zedzded] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I didn't even notice that!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"to be fair… shes not sponsored… she simply shares companies she loves and uses. If you knew her in real life, you’d also know that’s not a pr for her, she trained for 6 months with a coach for this race and PR’d her distances/times many times in her training." uh huh
Quote Reply
Re: Athlete DQ'd at IM Raleigh 70.3 for probable course cutting [The GMAN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not just that, in her Chicago Marathon she ran a 1:25 half marathon after running the first half. Talk about a negative split!
Quote Reply
Re: Athlete DQ'd at IM Raleigh 70.3 for probable course cutting [The GMAN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I will also judge a book by its cover and say she's incapable of that 2:01 split.

Judging by her finish line photo, she looks like a pretty good runner...

In both the marathon and the triathlon, her timing chips weren't working. Unbelievable bad luck...
Last edited by: Sanuk: Jul 12, 17 16:20
Quote Reply
Re: Athlete DQ'd at IM Raleigh 70.3 for probable course cutting [mike s] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Definitely a bad week for women's triathlon! There was so much shade being thrown all over the place on twitter today (ryf/YVV, Alexandra Tondeur, Michelle Vesterby calling out witsup for giving good press to Lisa Hutthaler)!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
its weird how so many of these seem to have some sort of inspirational/sad/interesting back story

from the comments:
Quote:
Mandie lost her husband and child, and found endurance sports in her grieving/ recovery.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Why the cheating? I just don't get it....it's not like she was going to podium her age group and whatever admiration folks would have for her embracing endurance sport despite not looking like a "typical" endurance athlete will be overshadowed by the likely ill will generated by what appears to be some skullduggery at Raleigh.
Quote Reply
Re: Athlete DQ'd at IM Raleigh 70.3 for probable course cutting [globetrotterjon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Doubt she would have made the cut off.
Quote Reply
Re: Athlete DQ'd at IM Raleigh 70.3 for probable course cutting [mike s] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How long do you think she hung out in the porter potty?

USAT Level II- Ironman U Certified Coach
Quote Reply
Re: Athlete DQ'd at IM Raleigh 70.3 for probable course cutting [Im-a-miler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm going to say an aid station eating pretzels covered in gels chasing them with Red Bull fueling up for the 3 miles she had to run.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Who's ever heard of Eagle bikes?
That's the real scandal

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
mike s wrote:
I'm going to say an aid station eating pretzels covered in gels chasing them with Red Bull fueling up for the 3 miles she had to run.

Lol

USAT Level II- Ironman U Certified Coach
Quote Reply
Re: Athlete DQ'd at IM Raleigh 70.3 for probable course cutting [globetrotterjon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
globetrotterjon wrote:
Why the cheating? I just don't get it....it's not like she was going to podium her age group and whatever admiration folks would have for her embracing endurance sport despite not looking like a "typical" endurance athlete will be overshadowed by the likely ill will generated by what appears to be some skullduggery at Raleigh.

Who besides people on this thread will know she cheated? Will any of her friends look up race results and see she was DQ? I'm guessing the people she is wanting to prove something to will never be the wiser and she will maintain her story.
living with the cheating is a price she is willing to pay for some other gain.
Quote Reply
Re: Athlete DQ'd at IM Raleigh 70.3 for probable course cutting [friesen] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
friesen wrote:
Love the headline. 'Sponsored' athlete. Lol

I didn't know you could be that slow and have sponsors.
Quote Reply
Re: Athlete DQ'd at IM Raleigh 70.3 for probable course cutting [desert dude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
desert dude wrote:
Who's ever heard of Eagle bikes?
That's the real scandal

Surprisingly.... I have.

blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
geeze - these sort of things are pretty hard to comprehend. Pretty obvious pattern. I'd love an explanation of what is clinically wrong with these people. I also wonder just how much of this is going on that we never know about.

I once passed a guy in an IM run (who I knew), chatted a bit, and never saw him again until I passed him a 2nd time late in the run. No question in my mind he cut the course . . . even if not intentional. BTW - my bet is he went in the port-a-pot on this out and back course and turned the wrong way coming out. He was very indignant with me when I questioned him, and IM said there was a timing mat miss but no confirming evidence he cut the course. I don't have bitter feelings (still beat him) but i just can't figure it out.

Why? What is the motivation? How do you live with yourself?

David
* Ironman for Life! (Blog) * IM Everyday Hero Video * Daggett Shuler Law *
Disclaimer: I have personal and professional relationships with many athletes, vendors, and organizations in the triathlon world.
Quote Reply
Re: Athlete DQ'd at IM Raleigh 70.3 for probable course cutting [y_nigel] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
y_nigel wrote:
its weird how so many of these seem to have some sort of inspirational/sad/interesting back story

from the comments:
Quote:
Mandie lost her husband and child, and found endurance sports in her grieving/ recovery.

Incredibly sad that happened to her. I can't imagine.

She likely found much comfort in the support and adulation she received from the endurance sports community that surrounds her. She probably felt she needed "results" to remain an inspiration and got sucked into that vortex of achieving results, and cut some corners (literally and figuratively) to do that.

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
From the comments, debate over:

Mike Rossi
12 July 2017 at 8:02 pm
Looks legit to me.

808 > NYC > PDX > YVR
2024 Races: Taupo
Quote Reply
Re: Athlete DQ'd at IM Raleigh 70.3 for probable course cutting [Im-a-miler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not very long. It was fucking hot in there. I saw a guy cross the street through the returning runners and go into a porto-potty as we were heading outbound. I thought, that guy is going to come out of the porto-potty and head back in. He didn't and came back across the street to run the course but the point is it would have been very easy for her to cross the street, go into the porto-potty and then came out and start walking the way back in. Nobody would have questioned it.

http://www.sfuelsgolonger.com
Last edited by: alien: Jul 13, 17 6:41
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sponsored is definitely the wrong word, she is most likely an "Ambassador" for those brands.

I saw Coeur Sports actually released a statement about it.
Quote Reply

Prev Next