Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Asics Question
Quote | Reply
i was just looking at some asics shoes on the roadrunnersports website and there are a bunch of fairly inexpensive shoes there, like in the $40-60 range (Cyclone, Helios, Wizard, Orlando). so, why are they so much cheaper? are they "real" running shoes? do they not last as long as the more expensive shoes? anyone know anything about these?
Quote Reply
Re: Asics Question [kEllY] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wow KB, you've been quite active on ST in my absence, speaking of new shoes, i just got a new pair today. Yep, i switched over to Sauconys, after many many years of asics. First run, tomorrow morning, i'm gonna do a voodoo sacrafice of a cow tonight to keep the patella tendons healthy. (Ok so i had cheeseburgers, so in essence i didn't kill the cow, but some one did.

Oh also,

BUMP

-Erik

"I don't half-ass anything. For me its either whole-ass or nothing." -elake
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
From what I have heard most shoes below $80 are not tested, they are basically thrown together and may or may not be a good shoe. All of the shoes over $80 go through a testing process and have gone through the ringer by the time we get them. Or so I have heard.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
These shoes feature some of the ASICS 'real' running shoe technology, but they're made with less expensive materials and components that are older. These shoes are for athletes who run/jog sparingly during the week or want a running shoe to wear to the gym. Probably not going to be the best option for someone training for an Ironman or running on a daily basis.

Shawn
TORRE Consulting Services, LLC
http://www.TORREcs.com

Quote Reply