Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Arthroscopic surgery in and around hip joint
Quote | Reply
Who has had it? Your experiences?

I've been diagnosed with a partial tear of my ligamentum teres (ligament attaching bone to hip socket I think) and it doesn't seem to be getting too much better with rest.

I've been referred to an orthopaedic surgeon next week for an assessment, but was just wondering what other's experiences with this type of thing has been like.

Thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: Arthroscopic surgery in and around hip joint [fulla] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, definitely you will get solution for your hip problems through arthroscopic surgery. Complications from this surgery are uncommon. It is better to ask help from an experienced orhopaedic surgeon.
Quote Reply
Re: Arthroscopic surgery in and around hip joint [fulla] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Did IM Boulder in August 2015 with a lot of hip pain. Then rested for a couple months to see if it would go away. Tried PT and cortisone which did not work.
Had torn labrum and FAI (cam and pincer) arthroscopic surgery in January of this year. Recovery for the first two weeks was very difficult and luckily had my girlfriend there. 10 months out now, I'm running 10 miles, and swimming/ biking as much as I want.

Dr. put me through a fairly rigorous strength training for 6 weeks before. After surgery I had an hour of PT every day for 6 months (one day per week at the therapist and 6 days on my own). Its things like single leg leg press, deadlifts, single leg squats, step ups with weight, and a lot of core, not easy exercises. This has made me insanely strong from a functional standpoint, better than ever. I actually talked with Starky before hand since he'd had the same surgery and his advice was to be cautiously aggressive with recovery and don't plan on racing for over a year (he raced after 8 months but there's no way I could have done that). He was very cool to answer my questions about the procedure.

Swimming and running came back very quickly, but my bike power isn't quite where it was before. Stilling doing 1 hr of PT 3 times per week.

For me, surgery was a great decision since the other options didn't work and I'm healthier than ever.
Quote Reply