Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Arione or Arione Tri
Quote | Reply
  Anybody ride a regular Arione on their road and tri bike? How bout a Arione TRI on both bikes. Thanks, Keau
Quote Reply
Re: Arione or Arione Tri [KEAU] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Anybody ride a regular Arione on their road and tri bike? How bout a Arione TRI on both bikes. Thanks, Keau
I tried the Arione on my Soloist (RIP, my love) in the road and tri positions and it just didn't work for me. It's for sale if anyone wants it. Recently I got an Arione Tri with my Plasma and although it worked fine, I took it off the Plasma for the more familiar Aspide Tri. However, I then put it on my road bike with clip-ons and I like it a lot. I guess the shape is okay for me but the total lack of padding in the nose of the non-tri version made it impossible for me to use.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Magna est veritas et praevalebit

"I'm not going to have reporters pawing through our papers. We are the president."
-Hillary Clinton

The answer to "1984" is 1776.
Last edited by: Mookie1986: Mar 28, 06 20:44
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have the arione tri on my road bike which I was using with clip-ons. I like it a lot. It is comfortable in both aero and non-aero positions. I also have an arione tri on my Plasma that just arrived today therefore I haven't ridden that one yet, but it should be great. Bottom line: Arione Tri saddle is a good one.
Last edited by: glbrum: Mar 28, 06 20:44
Quote Reply
Re: Arione or Arione Tri [glbrum] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
hard to get my hands on an Arione TRI, wondering who else has Arione tri on both their road and tri bike.

thanks for the replys, Keau
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have the Arione with a DeSoto cover on it. Using it for a couple of years now with no problem on the tri bike. I'm a small guy and it fits the best of any saddle to date.

Larry

Don't be afraid to ride too long or too hard. That's what cell phones are for. Rich Strauss
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Francois has the regular Arione with no cover on his TT bike. Says, it's great. I'm going to try mine on my Tri bike.

Take everything I say with a grain of salt. I know nothing.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a regular Arione on my road bike, which I like just fine. I tried it on my TT bike but it was a taint killer and I switched to a more padded saddle with a DeSoto cover.

Azby
Quote Reply
Re: Arione or Arione Tri [Azby] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the reply, im leaning towards Arone tri all the way around. thanks, Keau
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've got the regular arione (no cover) on my tri bike and I love it. Next week will be IM number 3 with it.

-C

------------------------------------------------------------
Any run that doesn't include pooping in someone's front yard is a win.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I tried an Arione TRI on my tri bike but changed after it bunched up my shorts around my inner thighs and irritated the area. It also destroyed bike shorts after only a month. Switched to the arione road and it works great.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I use a regular (well, cool world champion edition) Arione on my road bike and Arione tri on my tri bike. I tried a Desoto cover, but it was too much. Both great: depends upon how "hard" your taint is. I just got a new bike (Solist Carbon!) and I thought I would hate the new seat (SLR XP) as it is VERY minimalist. Nope - I'm fine with it. I think I can ride about anything at this point. I prefer a firm, yet supportive seat over the new trend in squishy padding that is pretty darn uncomfortable after aobut 70 miles. I'd go with the regular Arione. You could always add one of the $20 covers and effectively make it the tri version

Re: Arione or Arione Tri [rroof] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Good point roof,

Im gonna try both, for about a week 2 rides on the road bike two on the tri bike.

I dont mine the the SLR or SLR T1, I just want to be able to ride the same saddle on both bikes. And I need to make a choice soon, im making the final adjustments to my fist fit and want to be certain with a seat. thanks again keep em coming, Keau
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
have arione on road, love it

have arione tri on tri, so-so

don't forget that the current tri version has an upward sloping rear so you can't get all the positions you normally get with the arione. i feel the tri version forces you into one position and if you don't like it, your screwed.

an ad in the latest TriMag shows an Arione Tri 2 Carbon that is flat from nose to rear. that looks like it has more potential than the current versions.
Quote Reply
Re: Arione or Arione Tri [redlab] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I started tried the A-tri when I purched a new bike this year. I tended to move too far forward and it put my knee angles out of wack. I swotched to the Arione and I love it. I've got it on both my roadie and tri bike. I have no problem with numbness at all.

However, I think tri saddles are probably alot like ski boots. They're all pretty good. It just matters which one your rear (or foot) likes better.
Quote Reply
Re: Arione or Arione Tri [josherdog] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well looking at the fist numbers, Im gonna be riding pretty far forward. I just need to get my hands on one. thanks for the replies, Keau
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Regular Arione, used on the road with no bars and with bars, works great for me.

Proud Founder of the Jamis Mafia- Daring to be different.
Quote Reply