Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Argon 18's real world Cd sensor looks to be close to production
Quote | Reply
https://www.bikerumor.com/...aller-more-portable/

and looks like it could go on any aerobar extension. Seems you could do w/kg / Cd to control for wind, air density, road surface quality, etc. or a comparison between power meter measured force in watts can be compared to force in watts calculated by the sensor's measured coefficient of drag x the sensors measured air density x the cyclist's velocity. I'll be really interested to see how they make this information useful.

wovebike.com | Wove on instagram
Last edited by: milesthedog: Mar 27, 17 12:20
Quote Reply
Re: Argon 18's real world Cd sensor looks to be close to production [milesthedog] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'd imagine you'll simply input your weight and the resulting output will be a CdA. It's not just Argonne fwiw. Zipp has something in the pipeline and it appears our own SkippyKitten might have something in the works as well :)
Quote Reply
Re: Argon 18's real world Cd sensor looks to be close to production [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Marc is an ST member as well fwiw

My Blog - http://leegoocrap.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Re: Argon 18's real world Cd sensor looks to be close to production [leegoocrap] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
they need a decent integrated drinking system like Canyon or Scott for the front end
Quote Reply
Re: Argon 18's real world Cd sensor looks to be close to production [milesthedog] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Correct me if I'm wrong, but hasn't iBike been doing this for many years now. Wind speed sensor + "direct force" power meter to give you realtime CdA?

Last edited by: trail: Mar 27, 17 18:46
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Is this where someone asks...

"What's the aero penalty of that sensor?"
Quote Reply
Re: Argon 18's real world Cd sensor looks to be close to production [timbasile] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nope, because everyone in this thread already knows :)
Quote Reply
Re: Argon 18's real world Cd sensor looks to be close to production [timbasile] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
timbasile wrote:
Is this where someone asks...

"What's the aero penalty of that sensor?"

this was something verified multiple times in CFD, in the velodrome and at the A2 tunnel a few weeks ago.
Data will be provided upon release but what it was so small we could not really see it.
There is also a quick way to remove it for racing if you choose to do so.
Quote Reply
Re: Argon 18's real world Cd sensor looks to be close to production [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
GreenPlease wrote:
I'd imagine you'll simply input your weight and the resulting output will be a CdA. It's not just Argonne fwiw. Zipp has something in the pipeline and it appears our own SkippyKitten might have something in the works as well :)

You are right that several people are working on real time CDA. While it's a very important feature of the system it is just one of many metrics and sensors being produced. As well Argon sees this as much as a platform for other vendors sensors to connect to get all the data in one place.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yes, still very much at it. Thanks for remembering me! Lots going on over here of which the sensor system is a major part.

Interesting times.

Developing aero, fit and other fun stuff at Red is Faster
Quote Reply