Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Apple Watch for Sprint Triathlon
Quote | Reply
So as my Garmin 735 is dead with no hope of return, I got a new watch. I broke down and bought the Apple Watch Series 8. I have been doing some triathlon training with Strava, but I decided to jump into a sprint race this coming weekend. I am not sure how to handle a triathlon with one app that can capture all three disciples, including transition.

Is there any one app that will work in a sprint triathlon. I would hate to have to waste time messing with manually changing the sport.

Any advice?
Quote Reply
Re: Apple Watch for Sprint Triathlon [muebele] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I recently did a sprint using my apple watch. I used the workout app for the swim and strava for the bike + run. Afterwards, I imported the swim into strava.

All three legs wind up separate on strava, but I was fine with that.

The reason I use the workout app for the swim is that it has been fairly reliable (distance/pace) vs strava.

NOTE - My reason to use the watch during the event was purely to capture the work I was doing. I don't use my watch for anything useful while racing tri's. I guess if it was a longer race, the mile splits might have been useful on the run.
Quote Reply
Re: Apple Watch for Sprint Triathlon [muebele] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There is a triathlon activity on the watch. Select that and it will automatically adjust through swim > T1 > bike > t2 > run. You don't have to do anything other than start the activity when the gun goes. It's pretty great to be honest.
Quote Reply