Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Anyone use the New Polar Cycle Computers
Quote | Reply
I am thinking of pickup the Polar CS 200 which has a ton of features including wireless cadence, HR and cycling info. Does anyone have one of these and if so what are your thoughts?

----------------------------------------------------------
I'm just a 10 cent rider on a $2,500.00 Bike

Quote Reply
Re: Anyone use the New Polar Cycle Computers [hasbeenswimmer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yup, just got one last week - only used it twice. Very nice - my new favorite. Previous was a Cateye cordless. I like the stem or handlebar mount and the VERY large display that is adjustable in what you want it too display. Actually, the damn thing has way more than I need, but like seeing 3-4 pieces of info in large numbers (well, the total miles is pretty small) on the same screen.

Re: Anyone use the New Polar Cycle Computers [rroof] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
can you see HR - ride elapsed time - and MPH all at the same time?
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone use the New Polar Cycle Computers [Mac] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yup, that is one of the options. I usually use HR, speed and distance

Quote | Reply
I have been using the CS200, but make sure you purchase knowing that the cadence sensor is optional unless you buy the CS200cad... The Data uplink function is tricky, you have to have a microphone or dynamic speakers in order to jump into the 21st century. Otherwise the system is killer. Accurate, detailed data, and solid installation. I think its a great piece of gear.

*** Also, not Mac compatible. Bummer. ***
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone use the New Polar Cycle Computers [rroof] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Can you do Speed / HR / Cadence?

"The more you sweat today, the less you bleed tomorrow"
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone use the New Polar Cycle Computers [Mark C] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, but you have to have the optional cadence sensor ($40) or buy the CS200cad as mentioned above.

In fact, you can view HR, cadence, speed and distance all on one screen. Very handy.

Re: Anyone use the New Polar Cycle Computers [chicagonative] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Why a Mic or Speakers? Is the uplink via audio? Sounds archaic

----------------------------------------------------------
I'm just a 10 cent rider on a $2,500.00 Bike

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Anyone know if you can buy an extra speed sensor and use it on two bikes???? And, how much is another speed sesor and mount?
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone use the New Polar Cycle Computers [CHPFLY] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
FYI, according to Polar, "It is not possible to use the CS sensor on the rear wheel. The CS speed
sensor range is 50 cm / 20 inches. The CS cadence sensor range is 80 cm/32 inches."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have the one with cadence. Very good computer. VEry versitile mounting, have mine on stem so it's out of the way. For last IM, viewed HR, speed, cadence, ave speed all at once which is all that I pay attention to. I highly recommend it.
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone use the New Polar Cycle Computers [fegirl1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've been curious about these too recently. anybody know how they hold up in the rain?

Quote | Reply
I've had it for a few months now. I like it a lot, but have had problems with the display and sent it back once already. The display starts to go bad at the upper right hand corner such that if I have the odometer in that portion of the screen, I cannot always tell what the proper distance is (I.E. 17 looks like 11, as does 14). I've sent it back once and it came back pretty quickly, working properly, only now its doing it again. I figure if I'm gonna spend $150 on something the display should last. I'm gonna send it out again in a few weeks and hopefully it won't happen again. But again, the functionality is great and if the display wasn't messing up on me, I'd rate this computer very highly.

- Nick
Now that I know some of you guys look through the special needs bags for kicks, I'm gonna put some really weird stuff in mine. I can see it now. "What the heck was he going to do with a family pack of KFC chicken, a football helmet full of peanut butter, a 12 inch rubber dildo, and naked pictures of Bea Arthur?"
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone use the New Polar Cycle Computers [fegirl1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I 2nd fegirl1. I just got mine. So far so good. Having a few issues with Uplink though, but I'm sure I'll work it out.

Paul "Speedy" Gonsalves
http://www.rollingthundercanada.com
RollingThunderCanada

Canadian distributor for HED Cycling, Blue Competition, Akona Biospeed & Aerus Composites

Quote Reply
Re: Anyone use the New Polar Cycle Computers [CHPFLY] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
YES!!!!!!!!! You can buy extra speed and cadence sensors. I currently have it set up on my road and tri bikes. I just move the computer from bike to bike.

So far, working very well. Espeically if you like the cadence reading!
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone use the New Polar Cycle Computers [dvfmfidc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Can you use the same chest strap at the same time for watch and computer?

Just thinking of race day stuff. For example, I have a 720 that I use as both HR and bike computer, but couldn't pass the IQ test on using it all day for my last IM.

Or is it even worth having the bike computer if your watch has bike functions???

Breakfast is for Closers
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Do you mount the cadence sensor on the downtube or seattube?

I'm trying to figure it out but they seem to stick OUT like a sore thumb eitherway and probably are very unaero
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone use the New Polar Cycle Computers [140pt6] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes you can use the same strap.
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone use the New Polar Cycle Computers [Anathema] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've got mine mounted vertically in the chainstay on my tiphoon. I used a different magnet that I had from an old cateye so as I could zip tie it to the crank and it works perfectly. It is very neat and tidy.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm having a devil of a time downloading data from my CS200cad. As a cycling computer it's working perfectly. Has anyone else had trouble?

When running the Polar WebLink, the bar graph meter shows a signal, but the status window still says "Now listening". Every blue moon I get a successful exchange, but then get an error message when it's 98% complete, grrrrr. I've tried three different computers & three different mics, same deal each config.

Any help would be appreciated.

Paul "Speedy" Gonsalves
http://www.rollingthundercanada.com
RollingThunderCanada

Canadian distributor for HED Cycling, Blue Competition, Akona Biospeed & Aerus Composites

Quote Reply
Re: Anyone use the New Polar Cycle Computers [Speedy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i'm getting the same problem too - takes me an average of 4 tries to get it uploaded
Quote Reply