Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Anyone race with slime self healing tubes?
Quote | Reply
Anyone use in a race ?
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone race with slime self healing tubes? [sra] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tried them in a century ride. Got a puncture from a tiny wire and flatted, which turned into a total mess when I had to change out the tube. Obviously a sample size of 1, but since they didn't work for me I moved on to latex tubes for better road comfort and less weight.
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone race with slime self healing tubes? [sra] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is that an attempt at an April Fool's prank? Seems similar to asking ST who has raced with Tufo tubulars or tubular/clinchers?. Smile

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone race with slime self healing tubes? [openwheel11] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just pointing out that you can inject sealant into any tube with a removable valve core. I've been putting it in latex tubes for over a year.
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone race with slime self healing tubes? [ms6073] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ms6073 wrote:
Is that an attempt at an April Fool's prank? Seems similar to asking ST who has raced with Tufo tubulars or tubular/clinchers?. Smile

Could be. But seriously in the old days we would blow milk into the sew-ups in hopes that the curdling milk would take care of small leaks.

Indoor Triathlete - I thought I was right, until I realized I was wrong.
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone race with slime self healing tubes? [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
Just pointing out that you can inject sealant into any tube with a removable valve core. I've been putting it in latex tubes for over a year.

Interesting. Any feedback on them with a small puncture?
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone race with slime self healing tubes? [Cup] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Cup wrote:

I've had 2 successful seals from 4-5 potential flats. Not much to go on. All 4-5 were relatively small. Stan's sealant.

I've had them go flat a few times not in those 4-5, but I didn't find any puncture so I believe those were either installation error or defects.
Last edited by: trail: Apr 1, 15 19:26
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Cup wrote:
trail wrote:

Ive used Orange sealant, in 1 latex tube it stopped a small puncture and in1 butyl tube it stopped a seeping leak.

res, non verba
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sometimes it works and other times it slows it down so that you'll get just lower enough pressure to get a pinch flat next time you hit a small pothole. The problem is with road tires the pressure is so high and tire volume so low that one can't afford to lose much while it is sealing. I gave up on that, but YMMV. Still using in my cross race tires/tubes. It's quite a mess to fix a flat post race, and there's a large build up of the solid that is supposed to block punctures after a few refills on the sealant if you use the same tube for a while ( the ones with the removeable cores are sometimes hard to find so I wanted to get as much usage as possible.)
Last edited by: SWoo: Apr 3, 15 1:08
Quote Reply