Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Anyone have Shure headphones they use for ...
Quote | Reply
... running, of course. I have some cheap headphones that don't stay in my ears very well, nor can you hear much when there is a pretty good wind blowing on the bike. Oh, wait, I forgot I only use them for running.
Anyone have any feedback on this particular brand?
Chad
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone have Shure headphones they use for ... [cdw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have had the Etymotic ER4i headphones for almost 2 years now. They hold up well to sweat and stay in when running. They were about $200 when they 1st came out but are $69 on eBay nowadays. Most of the review sites like them better than the Shures.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Chad,

I don't have the answer you're looking for, although I have the same question. I looked at a set of the [nice-looking] new Bose earbuds alongside the Shure earbuds the other night - unfortunately, they were both still in the case and I couldn't test-drive them. Does anybody have any experience to provide a comparison of the Shures and the Bose?

BH
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a pair of the Shure in-earphones that are used for concert artists and they are excellent. No problem with them moving but don't forget that they are also made to block out all outside noises! Hence I only use them in the gym on the treadmill.

"How bad can it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have Shure E2c's and tehy're great. People think that because they're designed to "block out outside noise" it means you can't hear cars, etc. Not true. I can hear them easier than if I had regular headphones. Why? Because with regular headphones you ahve to turn the volume WAY up. Not only does that damage your hearing but makes it harder for me to hear outside noise. With the E2c's I've had no trouble
They also stay put reasonably well in my ears. I do have to adjust them every once in a while, but it's not a problem.
On a long run the wire going around the top of my ear can sometimes get a bit annoying, but only after more than 2 hours and it's not bad.
tom
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Use my $250 Shure ear buds nearly everyday on the bike....I mean run.... They work well and stay in the ear.

Don't even start with the ".....you shouldn't listen to music while riding.....you'll die...." BS.

They did cost $250 but I go them for free from my son who worked at an electronics store!!

Paul
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone have Shure headphones they use for ... [tomp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks, that is good info. I was actually looking at the E2C since they are a pretty reasonable price.
Chad
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have the E2C and they work great. Like an answer, you don't have to have the volume way up to hear clearly. They also come with a few different ear bud options. Gottem on new eBay for about $80.

Steve Q
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I use the E2Cs all of the time. They're great for running.

--------------
Elivis needs boats.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have E2c, E4, Etymotic, UE, and a couple of sealed can phones, and I would recommend the E2c for this particular application, unhesitatingly.

Good set of cans for a good price, very sturdy (more so than most similar designs,) and significantly less microphonic than the Etys recommended by an earlier poster (which I would never suggest for running/biking, btw.)

Good choice.

Check out the b-stock page at www.headphone.com before you buy, though - they have a set of E4g on there for $160 right now...

Tech writer/support on this here site. FIST school instructor and certified bike fitter. Formerly at Diamondback Bikes, LeMond Fitness, FSA, TiCycles, etc.
Coaching and bike fit - http://source-e.net/ Cyclocross blog - https://crosssports.net/ BJJ instruction - https://ballardbjj.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yes, The E2's are the best that I have ever tried for training.......easy score on EBay...

I shall never misuse Rex Kwon Do
I shall be a champion of freedom and justice
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have the Shure and love them, just make "Shure" you clean the wax out of your ears before inserting them otherwise you wont hear a thing:)
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone have Shure headphones they use for ... [Clown Fish] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have had great luck with these so far. They may look a little funny, but they stay
in my ear and have 3 different fittings included to find that perfect fit.

http://www.amazon.com/...phones/dp/B000FJEYZS

The water resistance makes them great for people who sweat a lot.

Quote | Reply
I got the E2c's a few months back. They're definitely worth the price. I never use them for running outside though, because they form a seal in my ear and I can't hear a thing from the outside world. It's too awkward for me to run with just one headphone on (just a personal quirk).

I use them on the treadmill. The only problem is that it took a while for me to get used to hearing my lungs and heart so intimately (because of said seal).

They're great for cycling. I've tried to use conventional headphones in just my right ear during rides, and it was pointless. I couldn't hear anything.

I know it's not the safest thing to do, but I use one E2c headphone in my right ear, and I can listen to songs and podcasts at a low volume while leaving my right ear free to detect passing cars/cyclists. Using both would leave me deaf.

------------------------
I'm a tri newbie. I'm still getting used to wearing lycra in public.
Quote Reply