Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Anyone ever done the Wineglass Marathon? Where should I stay?
Quote | Reply
Hey All,

I'm looking for a couple of fall marathons and came across the Wineglass to keep busy.
Any tips on where to stay for this one?

Or, if you know of any other fall marathons within a four hour drive of Toronto?

Thanks,

Chris
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone ever done the Wineglass Marathon? Where should I stay? [chris_mac] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I ran it last year and stayed at the Radisson in Corning. It was convenient and the event hotel where the pasta dinner was held. Easy walk from finish and buses to start. Downside is that it's more expensive relative to other hotels in area.

Another marathon I did that's within 4 hours of Toronto was the Niagara Falls Marathon. I liked that one better, basically because of the novelty of running in 2 countries.
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone ever done the Wineglass Marathon? Where should I stay? [Zoidberg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the info, appreciate it.
Looking at Niagara too.
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone ever done the Wineglass Marathon? Where should I stay? [chris_mac] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've run it too (well, the 13.1). I stayed at the Country Inn & Suites in Horseheads, NY. It was a short drive to the start in the AM, but nothing to complain about. Corning is a small town, so hotel options are limited in the area.

Also - I just read yesterday (Aug 25th) that they opened 100 slots in the marathon thanks to deferments. If you haven't already registered, you'd better do it right away.
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone ever done the Wineglass Marathon? Where should I stay? [Gilly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Stayed at Comfort inn. They had breakfast, short walk to the start. Nice race and awards. Also did Niagara, loved it and just as many long lonely sections. Very quiet races.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I ran it a few years ago, stayed in Corning which was nice. I talked with a woman at the start, she was a sherrif from Maine, I believe. She stayed in her car, right in the parking garage across from the finish line. Free, and her car was right there for her at the end of the race.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
We stayed at some basic hotel in horse heads which was
Adequate. We drove to the start and caught a ride back (I don't think they Allow parking at the start anymore)

I also suggest the Niagara Falls international marathon, the buffalo marathon, and Rochester MVP marathon as close good marathons
Quote Reply