Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Anyone buy running shoes on Ebay?
Quote | Reply
I know the "fashion sneakers" are fakes, but anyone have any experience buying running shoes? I'm looking at a pair of Asics 3000 (kind of an uncommon shoe) for like 50% off, so I might just take a shot, but figured I'd ask for thoughts. Can't find them locally except at sports authority (so I don't feel any urge to support local businesses).
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone buy running shoes on Ebay? [jgeldner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
go for it. usually local stores without online business list their closeouts on ebay. if you want to play safe shoot them an email first about return policy.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I used to do this quite frequently because it seemed as if all the shoes I really liked would be discontinued.

I did this for Saucony Grid Azura LC, Nike Hayward, and Saucony Grid Tangents (the originals)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I buy most of my running shoes on ebay. ediscountbike is the seller. They carry the pearl izumi's I wear in the size I wear (more than I can say for my local shoe store) for 50% of what I would pay for them at roadrunnersports.com and with free shipping.

I also bought 2 pair yesterday from someone in arizona that said they had been worn once and returned to a store, so they were even cheaper.
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone buy running shoes on Ebay? [PirateGirl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I recently picked up a pair of Adistar Control 5 ($85) and Zoot Ultra TT ($85) off of eBay. All seemed to be legit.

cheers
S.

// qui audet adipiscitur
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
A few years ago I didn't like the color of the Mizuno Wave Riders (orange/black). There was a seller who had the same model but in black/white. I was very happy with that buy.

That's why I wear my Road I.D. while driving my Ford with Sync technology
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I buy Pearl Izumi running shoes on ebay when they come up in my size. All the shoe stores with in 50 miles of me stopped carrying them. Luckily my bike shop was able to work out a deal with Pearl Izumi that lets them special order some running shoes for me even though they are not an official Pearl Izumi "running" store.
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone buy running shoes on Ebay? [CycloneTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Have purchased 4-5 pair of Adidas Supernova Cushion from various ebay sellers with no problems. Since I am familiar with this line of shoe I know my sizing so there is very little risk I would ever have to return.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
90% of the time! Cant beat the prices and I can stock up on what I like.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Most of my shoes are from eBay. Only brand new, and a model I already know. As much as I'd like to support my local shoe store, eBay runs 40-60% cheaper.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
All the time.

Just check the seller's rating. Should be 98.5% or higher.

Sellers who want to keep a high rating will not be selling fakes.
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone buy running shoes on Ebay? [Oleander] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't know what the major sporting goods store in your area is, but at Joe's they are selling ASICS 2130s for $60 (normally $115 at a running store). I bought two pair even though the ones I have now still have another couple hundred miles on them.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have purchased at least my last 5 pairs of Mizuno Wave Riders off of eBay. Can't say that I have purchased from the same seller twice, but I have been happy with every pair. I can't beat the prices locally.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
E bay and here in the classified section.

I wish we had a USED SHOE section for people that try out a new sneaker, don't like it and want to unload it.
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone buy running shoes on Ebay? [Jamie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Check the dates. You've been had.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
eBay yes. I have even bought a couple pairs of used shoes that looked good in the heel.

MSRPs are ugly with shoes -- $179?!?. My price point is $60 and under for road shoes, but I will pay up to $80 for trail shoes.

For my wife who doesn't run, but likes Gel Kayanos for crossfit-ing a used purple(her favorite color) can be had for half price or less.

Many of the "used" shoes have replacement insoles or different laces, but since I pull out the sock liners and generally use quick laces this is not an issue.

Swim - Bike - Run the rest is just clothing changes.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have both bought and sold running shoes off of eBay with much success. Most are new or like new and the case where there was an issue of fit or like. Some of the last pairs I sold were new models where I did not like the changes, so basically was stocking up on ones that were 1 or 2 years old.
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone buy running shoes on Ebay? [sharkbait_au] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sharkbait_au wrote:

Irrelevant detail. Let's see how long it continues. Don't understand how it happens.
Last edited by: Staz: Nov 13, 14 6:45
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone buy running shoes on Ebay? [Staz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Only if I know exactly what I want and if they are brand new...other than that no. I used to buy 3 pairs of Adrenaline's at once and would get them for about $60 each.

It's always nice to support your local running shop though.

Vince
http://www.tribikerun.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Staz wrote:
sharkbait_au wrote:

Irrelevant detail. Let's see how long it continues. Don't understand how it happens.
I don't believe it is an irrelevant detail. What you can't see is that the post I was referring to has been removed. This 8 year old thread was revived by a user (not Jamie) who's first and only post included a link to a product. I was sceptical, and obviously the moderator agreed with me.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I can buy Merrel road glove (original version) anymore, so i keep on eye on ebay sales. bought three pairs from three different sellers, zero problems.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
sharkbait_au wrote:
Staz wrote:
sharkbait_au wrote:

I don't believe it is an irrelevant detail. What you can't see is that the post I was referring to has been removed. This 8 year old thread was revived by a user (not Jamie) who's first and only post included a link to a product. I was sceptical, and obviously the moderator agreed with me.

Sarcasm regarding the irrelevance.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It's also really odd for OP, who, I can tell you for sure (because it was me, apparently), has no recollection of making this post.

Also have no idea whether or not I bought shoes on eBay after this post. Kinda funny.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Staz wrote:
sharkbait_au wrote:
Staz wrote:
sharkbait_au wrote:

Sarcasm regarding the irrelevance.
But hopefully now you can at least understand how it happened.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Took a $25 gamble on some Newtons that were 'worn twice.' Guy said he didn't like the lugs. Looked more like never worn. Best shoe purchase I've made.
Quote Reply

Prev Next