Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Anyone Running Zipp 303 FC CC on a Cannondale SuperSix EVO frame?
Quote | Reply
I'm about to upgrade my frame from a 2012 SuperSix (non-EVO) to either a 2014 or 2015 SuperSix EVO Hi-Mod. I have Zipp 303 FC CC on my current SuperSix...no issues at all. From the looks of the new 2014-2015 SuperSix EVO frame the chainstays look way narrower than my 2012. I'm concerned about the rear Zipp wheel contacting the frame, especially under load.

Anyone have experience with this? Thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone Running Zipp 303 FC CC on a Cannondale SuperSix EVO frame? [JimMoss] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What width tire?

A 2014 Evo + 303 FC CC + 25mm tires = chainstay rub
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone Running Zipp 303 FC CC on a Cannondale SuperSix EVO frame? [JimMoss] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have a 2013 evo with HED Stinger 4s. 25mm tires rubbed :( I haven't glued a set of 23s yet. The stingers are similar width (really wide) to the 303s.
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone Running Zipp 303 FC CC on a Cannondale SuperSix EVO frame? [rijndael] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
25mm tires. I have 23mm but would rather go 25mm.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In most cases, it won't work. 404 FC CC w/ 25mm Michelin Pro4s rub, and they're not as wide as 303s.
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone Running Zipp 303 FC CC on a Cannondale SuperSix EVO frame? [rijndael] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I would also note that team cannondale garmin this year is using the old narrow mavic wheels on the rear and a new wider mavic on the front only.
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone Running Zipp 303 FC CC on a Cannondale SuperSix EVO frame? [TeJa] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just got back from the shop. It doesn't fit. Well, it barely fits. Even with 23mm on I believe the braking surface of the rim could make contact with the frame during hard efforts or cornering.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Any interest in the 2016 Evo that is said to have clearance for 28 mm tires?
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone Running Zipp 303 FC CC on a Cannondale SuperSix EVO frame? [Jason N] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Very interested. Where is the claim about 28mm tires found?
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone Running Zipp 303 FC CC on a Cannondale SuperSix EVO frame? [Jason N] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'll wait for the 2016. As you said it claims 28mm tire compliance. This picture alone shows significantly more clearance than the older models.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Problem solved today by buying a 2016 SuperSix EVO HiMod D/A with the ENVE seat post (SAVE seat post not available yet). Lbs had two that they got from Cannondale at the launch event last week in Ogden Utah. They probably made shit ton of profit off me but I got it for 75% of retail. The clearances for Zipp 303 are everything and more. I'm running 25mm but can see how easily it will accommodate 28mm. It weighed in at 14 lbs 7 oz. First ride tomorrow.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nice. I'm tempted to order one myself but I don't see any fires in my pocket. Let us know how it rides compared to your older SuperSix.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Follow up question for anyone that has experience with this set up, but what is the clearance like for a set of 404 firecrest cc's w/ 23mm tires on a '13 Cannondale Evo? Any rub on the chainstays? I might be purchasing a set of 404's this weekend...
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone Running Zipp 303 FC CC on a Cannondale SuperSix EVO frame? [jhoj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It fits but is very tight. Not a a lot of room for any wheel flex on hard efforts. The widest I go on my supersix is 23mm for the wheel and tires. I have Hed Belgium C2 rims on there now with a tire and its works well but I still do get some chainstay run on hard climbs.

Andy Mullen
Team Zoot
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone Running Zipp 303 FC CC on a Cannondale SuperSix EVO frame? [andy515] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have a 2013 Evo Himod, and for training I run 25mm Michelin Pro 4 Endurance, which measure rather large (27+ mm), no problems. No problems with Zipp 404 FCs either (but those are tubulars and I run 23mm Veloflex on them).

----------------------------
Need more W/CdA.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a 2013 SuperSix Evo and just got a HED Jet6 plus wheelset (25mm rim). Tried with Conti GP 4000 23mm and it was rubbing in the left chainstay, on the front it fit just fine. Then I tried with a Schwalbe ONE 23mm tire and it fit, it is tight but not rubbing. I will try with the Conti Attack 22mm class if is there any improvements.
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone Running Zipp 303 FC CC on a Cannondale SuperSix EVO frame? [acarlos1000] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
2015 hi mod + 303 FC + 25 width tire = rub?
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone Running Zipp 303 FC CC on a Cannondale SuperSix EVO frame? [acarlos1000] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Defective frame with misaligned dropouts.

Normally, shouldn't be a problem.

acarlos1000 wrote:
I have a 2013 SuperSix Evo and just got a HED Jet6 plus wheelset (25mm rim). Tried with Conti GP 4000 23mm and it was rubbing in the left chainstay, on the front it fit just fine. Then I tried with a Schwalbe ONE 23mm tire and it fit, it is tight but not rubbing. I will try with the Conti Attack 22mm class if is there any improvements.
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone Running Zipp 303 FC CC on a Cannondale SuperSix EVO frame? [windschatten] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
windschatten wrote:

acarlos1000 wrote:

I'm not surprised it is rubbing on that frame. And I doubt that frame is defective. Poorly designed? For sure. But working as designed? Yes. Before I bought the 2016 I went the rounds with the 2013-2015 frames and found there is rub with wider brake track wheels like the 303.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JimMoss wrote:
windschatten wrote:

acarlos1000 wrote:

I'm not surprised it is rubbing on that frame. And I doubt that frame is defective. Poorly designed? For sure. But working as designed? Yes. Before I bought the 2016 I went the rounds with the 2013-2015 frames and found there is rub with wider brake track wheels like the 303.

Same here. 2014 Evo and rubs with HED C2 rims with 25mm wide Continental GP 4 Seasons for standing pedaling efforts. Now I am running GP4000 II 23mm on instead and much better clearance.
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone Running Zipp 303 FC CC on a Cannondale SuperSix EVO frame? [loxx0050] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you Jim for sharing the intel.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
FWIW I have been running enve 4.5 clinchers with 25mm GP4kS2 and GP4 Seasons front and rear with zero rub issues in and out of the saddle. 2015 SS EVO HM.
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone Running Zipp 303 FC CC on a Cannondale SuperSix EVO frame? [slowshortround] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Your bike is BB30A/PF30A?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No, it's the 2015 model just simply bb/pf30 (not bb30a)
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone Running Zipp 303 FC CC on a Cannondale SuperSix EVO frame? [slowshortround] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Interesting. Thanks for the followup.
Quote Reply