Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Any updated news on roll downs from AG Nats?
Quote | Reply
I think those with "guaranteed" slots had until last night to secure their slots with $50 deposit. I guess next are those finishing 26-30 and then those within 3% of top 25. Anyone on the bubble hear anything?

Randy
http://www.gulfcoasttriteam.com
Quote Reply
Re: Any updated news on roll downs from AG Nats? [slornow] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not yet, fingers crossed!

-Of course it's 'effing hard, it's IRONMAN!
Team ZOOT
ZOOT, QR, Garmin, HED Wheels, Zealios, FormSwim, Precision Hydration, Rudy Project
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Got the email informing me I'm on the bubble.
Quote Reply
Re: Any updated news on roll downs from AG Nats? [Mark Lemmon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Me too:

Dear Athlete,

Congratulations! You are being contacted because you have qualified to be on the roll down list for Team USA at the 2015 ITU Sprint and Standard Triathlon World Championships set to take place in late September 2015 in Chicago, Illinois.

*THE PROCESS*

The top 25 in each age group from Nationals automatically qualify for Team USA. Those who placed 26-30 are on the roll down list. The top 25 were offered their slot and have been allowed to register with deadlines. As we complete the registration check and are able to determine which athletes did not accept their spot, I will offer slots to those of you on the roll down list. The roll down process will continue until 60 days prior to the event. You will remain on the roll down list until a spot opens up for you or until that ITU deadline occurs. Athletes cancel all year so continue looking for Team USA emails.

As race registration fees and event information is released in coming months it will be posted here on the Team USA website (www.teamusatriathlon.org).

If you have questions regarding this process, please email teamusa@usatriathlon.org .

Thanks!

Team ZOOT
ZOOT, QR, Garmin, HED Wheels, Zealios, FormSwim, Precision Hydration, Rudy Project
Quote Reply
Re: Any updated news on roll downs from AG Nats? [Bryancd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I plan to book a hotel room in Chicago when the date is officially announced, which I assume will be at worlds at the end of the month, but I expect to be waiting until next summer for a spot to hopefully roll down to me at 30th.
Last edited by: Mark Lemmon: Aug 19, 14 14:08
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
and "watch thread"

Thanks for starting this - I've been lurking hoping for updates. Next July is a long time to wait! Its my own darn fault though - maybe if I didn't drink that one beer Friday night those two guys wouldn't have passed me back in the last .1 - 30th would feel so much better than 32nd.

Aaron Bales
Lansing Triathlon Team
Quote Reply
Re: Any updated news on roll downs from AG Nats? [MI_Mumps] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Seems like this email should have been sent out last week. I wonder when they'll determine who didn't pay the $50 and do the initial roll down since the deadline was Sunday.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Oh snap! Love for the 3%ers:

Dear Athlete,

Congratulations! You are being contacted because you have placed within 3% of the 25th place finishing time at the 2014 Age Group National Championship. This qualifies you to be on the roll down list for Team USA at the 2015 ITU Sprint and Standard Triathlon World Championships set to take place in late September 2015 in Chicago, Illinois.

*THE PROCESS*

The top 25 in each age group from Nationals automatically qualify for Team USA. Those who placed 26-30 are on the roll down list and will be given the first opportunity at a roll down spot. The top 25 were offered their slot and have been allowed to register with deadlines. As we complete the registration check and are able to determine which athletes did not accept their spot, I will offer slots to those placing within 26-30 and then to those of you that have placed within 3% of the 25th place finishing time. The roll down process will continue until 60 days prior to the event. You will remain on the roll down list until a spot opens up for you or until 60 days prior to the event. Athletes cancel all year so continue looking for Team USA emails.

As race registration fees and event information is released in coming months it will be posted here on the Team USA website (www.teamusatriathlon.org).

If you have questions regarding this process, please email teamusa@usatriathlon.org .

Thanks!

Aaron Bales
Lansing Triathlon Team
Quote Reply
Re: Any updated news on roll downs from AG Nats? [MI_Mumps] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
MI_Mumps wrote:
Oh snap! Love for the 3%ers:

Dear Athlete,

Congratulations! You are being contacted because you have placed within 3% of the 25th place finishing time at the 2014 Age Group National Championship. This qualifies you to be on the roll down list for Team USA at the 2015 ITU Sprint and Standard Triathlon World Championships set to take place in late September 2015 in Chicago, Illinois.

*THE PROCESS*

The top 25 in each age group from Nationals automatically qualify for Team USA. Those who placed 26-30 are on the roll down list and will be given the first opportunity at a roll down spot. The top 25 were offered their slot and have been allowed to register with deadlines. As we complete the registration check and are able to determine which athletes did not accept their spot, I will offer slots to those placing within 26-30 and then to those of you that have placed within 3% of the 25th place finishing time. The roll down process will continue until 60 days prior to the event. You will remain on the roll down list until a spot opens up for you or until 60 days prior to the event. Athletes cancel all year so continue looking for Team USA emails.

Thanks!

Hmm??? I was 31st in AG.....30 seconds out of top 25 so definitely in the 3% window. Unfortunately, no email yet. Hopefully will hear something soon. Looks like USAT is going to try to make sure that they have a full 25 person roster in each AG if possible.

Randy
http://www.gulfcoasttriteam.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nope, until they make folks pay the full amount, the number saying they want to go is a joke. 50-60% dropped out of Edmonton this year.

Dave Campbell | Facebook | @DaveECampbell | h2ofun@h2ofun.net

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Lions don't lose sleep worrying about the sheep
Quote Reply
Re: Any updated news on roll downs from AG Nats? [h2ofun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
h2ofun wrote:
Nope, until they make folks pay the full amount, the number saying they want to go is a joke. 50-60% dropped out of Edmonton this year.

But this specifically leaves it open until 60 days before the race, so if someone doesn't pay the full amount to actually enter the race, it will roll down. So I may be on pins and needles for another 10.635 months.

Quote | Reply
Jayhox wrote:
h2ofun wrote:

But this specifically leaves it open until 60 days before the race, so if someone doesn't pay the full amount to actually enter the race, it will roll down. So I may be on pins and needles for another 10.635 months.

Do those you have paid the $50 have to pay the Worlds entry fee more than 60 days before Worlds? It not, there likely won't be many roll downs.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mark Lemmon wrote:
Jayhox wrote:
h2ofun wrote:

Do those you have paid the $50 have to pay the Worlds entry fee more than 60 days before Worlds? It not, there likely won't be many roll downs.

I think that is the purpose behind the 60-day rule, but I have no authority to say that. Just makes sense. They ask for the $50 deposit. If less than 25 pay the deposit, then the remaining spots roll down until they have 25 that have paid the deposit. If anyone drops out at any time after that for any reason, they roll it down to the next person. If people don't pay the final registration fee, then others will get a "last minute" rolldown option to sign up and fill out 25 spots in each AG. Again, I am only speculating, but that makes sense under the language of the e-mail I got today.

Quote | Reply
make sure you email that address to let them know you're interested in a rolldown. I don't think they automatically add you. Unless you were m35-39 sprint. Then don't bother.

Aaron Bales
Lansing Triathlon Team
Quote Reply
Re: Any updated news on roll downs from AG Nats? [Jayhox] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jayhox wrote:
Mark Lemmon wrote:
Jayhox wrote:
h2ofun wrote:

I think that is the purpose behind the 60-day rule, but I have no authority to say that. Just makes sense. They ask for the $50 deposit. If less than 25 pay the deposit, then the remaining spots roll down until they have 25 that have paid the deposit. If anyone drops out at any time after that for any reason, they roll it down to the next person. If people don't pay the final registration fee, then others will get a "last minute" rolldown option to sign up and fill out 25 spots in each AG. Again, I am only speculating, but that makes sense under the language of the e-mail I got today.

That makes sense. The deadline for Team USA qualifiers to pay the ITU entry fee for Edmonton was May 30. The roll-down process continued until June 15.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Has anyone outside the top 30 received the e-mail? And keep in mind the top 30 us the age adjusted top 30, not where you actually finished. I was 29th but ended up 30th after the adjustment math. The only reason I know this is I saw the sheet Saturday night in the Worlds registration room.

Team ZOOT
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
There really were no roll downs after May 30th. 50-60% of each "full" AG backed out and no one else got in from folks I talked with. This is why I suggested to Tim they need to change the process.
So, will see what they do. I still think they just need to get the full amount, like WTC does with Kona, when I person says they want to go. Otherwise a lot of folks who could go are left home.
It takes a lot of work to get vacation from work, trip plans etc. Giving someone a few months to plan is just not right, IMO.

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yes. I was 32nd. The email I posted above was to those over 30 in the 3%

Aaron Bales
Lansing Triathlon Team
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bryancd wrote:
Has anyone outside the top 30 received the e-mail? And keep in mind the top 30 us the age adjusted top 30, not where you actually finished. I was 29th but ended up 30th after the adjustment math. The only reason I know this is I saw the sheet Saturday night in the Worlds registration room.

I am 31st after adjustment and received my email yesterday. Not an invite, just the notice email of how rolldown will work.

Quote | Reply
h2ofun wrote:
There really were no roll downs after May 30th. 50-60% of each "full" AG backed out and no one else got in from folks I talked with. This is why I suggested to Tim they need to change the process.
So, will see what they do. I still think they just need to get the full amount, like WTC does with Kona, when I person says they want to go. Otherwise a lot of folks who could go are left home.
It takes a lot of work to get vacation from work, trip plans etc. Giving someone a few months to plan is just not right, IMO.

Thanks for the info. I think at least a couple of us here will stay in touch with USAT throughout the spring and summer to try to get spots on the team.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yes, stay in touch. I know a person who did not and for some reason did not get a spot to Edmonton. I am hoping to get a shot at a Chicago slot also.

Quote Reply
Re: Any updated news on roll downs from AG Nats? [h2ofun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I send a question to USAT this morning and received the response below. Next round of emails should go out this weekend.

"You will not need to verify your interest until you receive an award slot. The registration for the top 25 has closed; however, I have to do a manual registration check for each registered athlete. Nearly 1,000 athletes paid their deposit, so it is taking a little longer than usual. I hope to have the first notifications out this weekend. Those that do get a spot will have one week to pay their fees. From a timeline standpoint, I would say the first athletes will know by this weekend, the next roll down athletes will know by the following week and then it will continue week by week. I hope that helps"
Quote Reply
Re: Any updated news on roll downs from AG Nats? [Timsanity] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
As I say, just stay engaged since the person who did not is not going to Edmonton.

Quote Reply
Re: Any updated news on roll downs from AG Nats? [Timsanity] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Timsanity wrote:
I send a question to USAT this morning and received the response below. Next round of emails should go out this weekend.

"You will not need to verify your interest until you receive an award slot. The registration for the top 25 has closed; however, I have to do a manual registration check for each registered athlete. Nearly 1,000 athletes paid their deposit, so it is taking a little longer than usual. I hope to have the first notifications out this weekend. Those that do get a spot will have one week to pay their fees. From a timeline standpoint, I would say the first athletes will know by this weekend, the next roll down athletes will know by the following week and then it will continue week by week. I hope that helps"

Well that is encouraging at least some of us will know sooner then later.

Team ZOOT
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I believe the Host Country gets an additional 7 slots per age group.
Any idea of how these are going to be allocated? Head-to-head competition (like Nationals) or the Rankings?
Does USAT want all 32 spots filled?
Quote Reply

Prev Next