Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Any of you Minimalistic runners train in Waffle's
Quote | Reply
I have been bidding on a pair of Puma H-Street's, but if I don't win the bid I have two other options in mind....either "A" take my brooks t4's and remove most of the outsole and glue a new outsole on, or "B" buy a pair of Waffle racers....

Have any of you guys tried a waffle racer....is the cushioning pretty minimal, and are they alright for pavement with all of the bumpy stuff on the outsole?

Ruble Triathlon Coaching Average of 30 coached PR's per year
Florida Triathlon Camps Train in North Americas winter training destination
Ruble Racing Events Midwest Triathlon Racing
Ruble Timing Midwest Event Timing
Last edited by: BIGZACH: Oct 19, 06 11:16
Quote Reply
Re: Any of you Minimalistic runners train in Waffle's [BIGZACH] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I like the feel of the waffle racer, but the fit was too narrow in the forefoot for me. I prefer the Asics Gel-HyperSpeed. They replaced the Tiger Paw and I've got quite few miles in both versions. I love 'em.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I like my H Streets the best, then my Brooks T4s. I got the waffle racer because it was cheap ($35 at Eastbay). It is sturdier than either of the others, but the forefoot is not as wide, so they're a little tight on my toes unless I wear very thin socks or no socks. I usually train in the H Streets, but it took a while to adjust to this. They don't have any cushioning, and the sole is soft, so it doesn't give your foot any support.

All three are very light shoes, but the H Streets are the lightest/most minimal. The Nike and Brooks shoes have a much more built up heel.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I liked them, but I kept ripping the fabric in the arch area. I run off-road mostly and the rocks rub the fabric in the arch which eventually tears.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have both the H-streets and the Waffle Racers. My fit, however, prefers the Waffles. I like them.

Do you have a Nordstrom Rack in your area? Check them for H-streets as well ($40 usually).

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Some are born to move the world to live their fantasies...

https://triomultisport.com/
http://www.mjolnircycles.com/
Quote Reply