Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Any comments with Planet X Pro Carbon TT
Quote | Reply
Am thinking of buying a Planet X Pro Carbon TT. Does anyone have have any comments on the bikes or the company that I should consider? Currently riding an aluminum Cyfac CLM and my road bike is Ti. This would be my first carbon bike. Race about 20 TT events per year.

Ric
Quote Reply
Re: Any comments with Planet X Pro Carbon TT [ttracer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you can get it in Spencer Smith Pink, I say go for it!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
On the company - some of the most helpful / honest people you could meet. Quite happy to answer any question you have about their bikes / builds etc. In the UK at least, they are the best value TT & Road bikes you can buy by MILES. Absolutely nothing comes close, and I have looked.

Re the TT bike - well, it was good enough for the guy who won the Under 23 World TT Champs (it was badged as something else - Stevens?). It's a lovely frame - and the complete bikes prices are incredible! I recently saw one being sold piece-by-piece in the UK: the guy clearly thought he could see the bits for more than he paid for it...and probably did.

Spencer will be riding one in Hawaii, and a certain Gordo Byrn may well be flying the PX flag in 2007....

Seriously, you can't go wrong with it - the owner (Dave) knows his stuff inside out, and seems to have an uncanny ability to find truck loads of bargain priced components, and passes on that saving to the customers, and with no middle man / shop / minimal advertising (of the 'glossy ad' type). I've bought several PX bikes (including the Stealth Carbon TT bike, and the Carbon Superlight road bike), and each time have had full choice over chainset length / chainring sizes / stem length / cassette ratio etc.

You also get his 'northern humour' thrown in for free....!
Quote Reply
Re: Any comments with Planet X Pro Carbon TT [ukjohn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks, very helpful.

Ric
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I recently bought the PX Pro Stealth Carbon. Take a look at my old post on the subject of PX (click on my username and look at my posts to find it). I sort of go start to finish on my decision to buy a PX. In summary, if you a want Miller lite, buy a Trek. If you want Sprecher Amber ale (my favorite small brewery beer here in Milwaukee), buy PX. Customer service is good. Value is emphasized over sleek and sexy. Zedsports, the US distrubutor, is helpful even though their website needs updating (the UK site is the best for everthing).

Kilowatt here on ST can add more. The owner also post here on the website (username: PlanetX).

I just saw something this morning that me again take notice of PX:

"Of course three time world champion and triathlon icon Spencer Smith is staying with us in 2007 , he'll be leading from the front and will still be our main man , he'll be joined by a special mix of unique athletes that will be each providing their own unique insights, training data, coaching tips, power measurement downloads and much more to make the planet x site an information centre worth checking out.

The first athlete were pleased to annouce will be with us in 2007 is triathlon guru, coach , and pro triathlete Gordo Byrn."

PX website 10/20/2006 (www.planet-x-bikes.com)

Matt Amman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

I would second ukjohn's comments. Dave, at Planet X , took my specs and above are the results. The Planet X Wheelshop built a Power Tap hub into the rear 100 wheel.

The pics (I hope they show as I am posting for the first time) were taken in the UK just before the bike was shipped to SoCal. They rushed the whole process so that I could ride IM Hawaii on Planet X.

Top shelf customer service.

KP
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Another vote for Dave at PlanetX being a great guy. He is an active member of the forum above and beyond just "pitching his product," which is nice to see. I've not ridden the bike, but it sounds like a great company that is an active part of the sport. I don't think you will have any regrets, as I have not heard any negatives about the company anywhere, only postives.

PS: KP, that is a sweet looking bike!

"Non est ad astra mollis e terris via." - Seneca | rappstar.com | FB - Rappstar Racing | IG - @jordanrapp
Quote Reply
Re: Any comments with Planet X Pro Carbon TT [Rappstar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for all the positive feedback. I'm Andy, the tri sales manager at PX. I saw KevP's Powertap wheel being built up a few weeks ago by our wheelbuilder and have to say it made even me (who sees a fair amount of stunning bike kit) drool.

We're hoping to get into double figures at the Kona bike count this year with Spencer, KevP, top UK age grouper Hywel Davies and this years only (as far as I'm aware) husband and wife couple competing in Kona along with a few others.

Good luck to everyone racing. Enjoy the day.

http://www.planet-x-bikes.com/triathlon
Quote Reply
Re: Any comments with Planet X Pro Carbon TT [Kevin P.] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Oh my. I think I just had an arrythmia.

That's one sexy bike.

Bob C.

The "science" on any matter can never be settled until every possible variable is taken into account.
Quote Reply
Re: Any comments with Planet X Pro Carbon TT [psycholist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just purchased the tt bars and I love them - pure quality at an unbeatable price. A team mate just got a pro carbon tt and it is a beautiful bike, ive looked at other tt bikes and frames but for the money and customer support ect I think its an unbeatable deal. I certainly expect to see alot of them on the British timetrial scene next season.
Quote Reply
Re: Any comments with Planet X Pro Carbon TT [redbiker] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks all for the input. I'm going to get the bike. Boy it will be fun getting a new TT bike. I've qualified for National Senior Olympics next year and it will be cool to have some CF bling.

Ric
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i just got my stealth carbon pro tt 2-3 days ago, and although i haven't had a chance to ride it outside due to snowfall, it feels good on the trainer and looks...drool...gorgeous. More important is that dave from PX has provided superb service. All questions were answered within 24 hrs, measurements were communicated via email and the fit is pretty darn close (s-bends a bit long, but can be hacked off), and shipping was included (from UK to Canada!).

Mine is built up with full dura-ace (small price difference for upgrade from ultegra), fsa-slk compacts, look sprint pedals, and PX aero bars (sweet). No wheelset, but the price was great! PX will definately give you a good bang for the buck!!
Quote Reply
Re: Any comments with Planet X Pro Carbon TT [chiro18] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you're going to consider your Planet X Sprecher Amber, I'd consider my Kuota Kalibur their Black Bavarian. Giddy up.

"Most of my heroes don't appear on no stamps"
Blog = http://extrememomentum.com|Photos = http://wheelgoodphotos.com
Quote Reply
Re: Any comments with Planet X Pro Carbon TT [redbiker] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
and this years only (as far as I'm aware) husband and wife couple competing in Kona
Unless they are from Oklahoma, I'm thinking there must be more than one husband/wife racing Kona this year. Pretty sure our couple isn't riding your bikes (yet).

----------------------------------
Justin in Austin, get it? :)

Cool races:
- Redman
- Desoto American Triple T
Quote Reply
Re: Any comments with Planet X Pro Carbon TT [Justin in OK] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ST'er camelboy and his fiancee are both racing this year and should be amongst the top amateurs in their divisions. Then, just to top things off, they are getting married the next day. Good luck to them both on Saturday AND Sunday!
Quote Reply
Re: Any comments with Planet X Pro Carbon TT [Justin in OK] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
[reply][reply]
and this years only (as far as I'm aware) husband and wife couple competing in Kona [/reply]
Unless they are from Oklahoma, I'm thinking there must be more than one husband/wife racing Kona this year. Pretty sure our couple isn't riding your bikes (yet).[/reply]

Jerome and Jenny Harrison our riding PX. There's a bit about them on CBS here...

http://cbs2chicago.com/video/?id=26710@wbbm.dayport.com

http://www.planet-x-bikes.com/triathlon
Quote Reply