Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Any French cycling podcast recommendations
Quote | Reply
I will be going on a vacation to France in a couple of months. I speak some French as a second language, but I want to listen to podcasts on my way to work to improve my comprehension and especially my cycling vocabulary, though open also to more general podcasts. Just wondering if there are any francophones out there who can recommend some good podcasts, preferably available on Spotify :)
Quote Reply
Re: Any French cycling podcast recommendations [AndyCaleb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
AndyCaleb wrote:
I will be going on a vacation to France in a couple of months. I speak some French as a second language, but I want to listen to podcasts on my way to work to improve my comprehension and especially my cycling vocabulary, though open also to more general podcasts. Just wondering if there are any francophones out there who can recommend some good podcasts, preferably available on Spotify :)

Don't know any cycling ones. I listen every now and then to 'Le Tri Chaud', a French podcast on Triathlon. It's on Spotify.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Don’t know about Spotify but French podcasts I’d recommend are from the newspaper L’Equipe and the radio station RMC

I listen to the RMC sports podcasts on the Podcast app on iPhone and L’Equipe within the L’Equipe app itself

There’s a bunch of podcasts from them, some are about cycling
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Le Tri Chaud is indeed quite good with lots of great insights
on just cycling you have Grand Plateau et Ca deraille (more cycling news) or Dans la tete d'un cycliste (training). Another tri podcast: Loop Sur le triathlon. Also GCN en francais but the host has a pretty strong southern accent that might be challenging if not your first language.
Quote Reply
Re: Any French cycling podcast recommendations [CaliB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Merci à tous. I will check those out. Hmm, southern accent. I didn’t know there was a different accent in the south. I’m going to be staying near Nice. Is that where people speak with a southern accent? If so maybe I should practice listening to that…
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No worries! It's just a beautiful "singing accent" and very mild in Nice but yes, there are a lot of different accents in France (and local dialects). It tends to be stronger in Marseille and the Provence country side but you'll be fine everywhere. Enjoy et bienvenue!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've heard some great Southern French accents, it does sound moore sing-songy more Italian. One classic example is how "Toute" in most of France sounds like "toot," in a lot of southern areas it's more "TOO-tuh." I noticed it less in Nice than I did in Toulouse. The urban Marseilles accent, it really can sound quite different.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Andy. Agreed. Le Tri Chaud is probably the best triathlon podcast in French. I'm a French speaker. But do a podcast in English. And have covered a few themes about triathlon in France. Here's one: https://thestreakpodcast.com/podcast/8 Have a fun trip. Ross
Last edited by: thestreak: Mar 8, 24 22:04
Quote Reply
Re: Any French cycling podcast recommendations [thestreak] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It’s not cycling related but Pierre coaching natation does a nice swimming YouTube channel. I have not viewed any podcasts but I wonder if he has any interviews on the podcast platforms. He is now making some videos into English under the name the French Swim Coach
Quote Reply