Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Any1 ride CA hwy 108 nd suggestions for the weekend
Quote | Reply
Any advice from anyone who has rode this area is appreciated. I will be camping this weekend Near Dardonelle on hwy 108, I'm kind of in recharge mode and am not looking for anything epic. I have seen a bike or two on my last trip up there but is that something people expect to see on the roads up there and is it safe, mind you I'm not necessarily worried about me it's everyone else on the road.

Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Any1 ride CA hwy 108 nd suggestions for the weekend [B Scrub] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
you're a couple of days late in asking. Regular poster MFRED is in Pinecrest, about 15 miles west of where you are going to be. Not sure exactly where he is riding this week, but I do know he is putting in some miles on the bike up there and the reports I always get back from him are that the riding up there is awesome. He might be checking in tomorrow so I'll tell him to have a look on here and post if he can.

Mike Plumb, TriPower MultiSports
Professional Running, Cycling and Multisport Coaching, F.I.S.T. Certified
http://www.tripower.org
Quote Reply
Re: Any1 ride CA hwy 108 nd suggestions for the weekend [B Scrub] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BScrub,

I am currently at my family cabin at Pinecrest. Which is about 20mi west of Dardonelle. The riding on 108 is great early in the morning. I get out about 6:30-7am and ride up 108 to Clarks Fork or up to Kennedy Meadows and back. Not much shoulder at all to ride on, but virtually no traffic. There are some great side roads if you are really up for some climbing. My suggestion is to stop at the Summit Forest Service station near Pinecrest and get a Stanislaus National Forest map and talk to the rangers about the best paved roads etc. I only have one more day here....been here a week and wish I could stay longer. Pinecrest lake is about 72 degrees!

Mark
Quote Reply