Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Anti Fog recipe
Quote | Reply
What is the best recipe to make your own anti-fog solution?
Quote Reply
Re: Anti Fog recipe [Dgill7] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Travel size Johnson's Baby Shampoo. Cheap, fast and easy.

No reason to bother with anything else. My bottle has lasted about 15 months so far.

Chicago Cubs - 2016 WORLD SERIES Champions!!!!

"If ever the time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." - Samuel Adams
Quote Reply
Re: Anti Fog recipe [Power13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I might try the shampoo. I had been using spit, it it works pretty well, unless you ate something within the last 15 minutes.

TrainingBible Coaching
http://www.trainingbible.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Do you dilute the shampoo at all?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Power13 wrote:
Travel size Johnson's Baby Shampoo. Cheap, fast and easy.

No reason to bother with anything else. My bottle has lasted about 15 months so far.

No joke? That's awesome, I'm going to pick some up on the way home from work! My goggles fog up no matter what I do, especially in OW swims. Spit just doesn't seem to work, and I don't like the idea of paying for "special" anti-fog sprays.

How much do you use, and how often do you have to reapply?

- John
"Have courage, and be kind."
Quote Reply
Re: Anti Fog recipe [fitknight] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
A drop on each lens and a quick rinse will keep your goggles fog free for many swims...
Quote Reply
Re: Anti Fog recipe [JamesJ] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Outstanding! Thank you! :) Sometimes it's the most simple things that work the best. :)

- John
"Have courage, and be kind."
Quote Reply
Re: Anti Fog recipe [fitknight] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I wish it worked for me, I tried using baby shampoo and recently tried jaws quick spitz anti fog and nothing seems to work. It doesn't make sense, I spray, rinse and still fog up instantly. I even try washing the lenses with baby shampoo, rinse, then spitz anti fog, then rinse and still they fog up...am I missing something? My swim is horrible as it is not being able to see is just compounding the effect.
Quote Reply
Re: Anti Fog recipe [JamesJ] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JamesJ wrote:
A drop on each lens and a quick rinse will keep your goggles fog free for many swims...

+1000!!!!!

My fishie students told me about this trick and it works like a charm!
Quote Reply
Re: Anti Fog recipe [EnderWiggan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
EnderWiggan wrote:
I wish it worked for me, I tried using baby shampoo and recently tried jaws quick spitz anti fog and nothing seems to work. It doesn't make sense, I spray, rinse and still fog up instantly. I even try washing the lenses with baby shampoo, rinse, then spitz anti fog, then rinse and still they fog up...am I missing something? My swim is horrible as it is not being able to see is just compounding the effect.

It's possible to have microbe growth on goggles that looks like fog...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
EnderWiggan wrote:

The baby shampoo really does work but if the lenses get scratched up, there comes a point where it stops working.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
EnderWiggan wrote:

Try not rinsing them. I never rinse my goggles after I apply the shampoo. A small drop on each lens, smear it around and wait for a minute or 2. Then clean with a soft cloth (usually use my t-shirt Wink). Put them on before getting in the water and good to go. Never once had them fog up on me.

I have also used the same method on helmet visors on humid race mornings.

"If ever the time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." - Samuel Adams
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dgill7 wrote:
Do you dilute the shampoo at all?

Nope...straight out of the bottle.

Outside of wheel covers, probably the best tip I picked up from ST.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Try dunking your goggles in the pool water for about 1 minute, then do the baby shampoo routine. It helped (for me) that the pool temperature and the goggle temperature were the same before applying the antifog.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
yes, Johnsons baby shampoo for me! The reason why it doesn't work for your goggles is probably the age/scratches etc.

I put a drop of johnsons in, use a q-tip and spread it out nicely and leave it in. Best tip I've gotten for the swim

70 point something - Felt, Profile Twenty Four, Shimano
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Spit
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Spit.
Quote Reply
Re: Anti Fog recipe [fasth2o] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Johnsons baby shampoo
Quote Reply
Re: Anti Fog recipe [jdais] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
A few drops of Dawn dish soap works for me.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ender I have had some brands of goggles that just fogged not matter what I did to them. Change brands and see if that helps.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Spit and a little water.
Free and has worked fine for me for 40+ years.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I put a couple of drops of contact solution in each lens right before I swim. I keep small bottles of contact solution in all by bags, works perfect!

---------------------------------------
Check out my blog!

therusticrunner.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Spit, rub it in, rinse. Done.
Quote Reply
Re: Anti Fog recipe [TriWithT1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This has worked the best for me so far... although I have not tried the shampoo yet
Quote Reply
Re: Anti Fog recipe [TriWithT1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not trying to whore a product, but I got the TYR Special Ops 2.0 goggles a few weeks ago and absolutely love them. No fog and they fit better than any goggle I've ever used. Hell, swam a lap at Lake Placid on Saturday and not a drop of water in my eyes.
Quote Reply

Prev Next