Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Another sad day in the world of sports...
Quote | Reply
Pasted from MSN- too funny- but sad in a way too... Marlins batboy reportedly suspended over dare Story Tools: Print Email FOXSports.com
Posted: 1 hour ago A Florida Marlins batboy earned himself a six-game suspension from the team for accepting a dare to drink a gallon of milk in less than an hour without throwing up, according to a report in The Miami Herald.

Also...
LIVE scoreboard
Today's hot rumors
MLB week in photos

The Herald says Dodgers pitcher Brad Penny (who was traded by the Marlins to L.A. last season) offered the unidentified boy $500 last Sunday if he could accomplish the task.

Penny reportedly said that the batboy drank the gallon of milk in the allotted time, but was not able to keep it down.

''It's kind of ridiculous that you get a 10-game suspension for steroids and a six-game suspension for milk,'' Penny said.

As a result, the batboy will not be allowed to work the team's upcoming homestand Aug. 29-Sept. 4 vs. the Cardinals and Mets.

The Marlins refused to comment on the suspension.

''It's ridiculous that they worry about stuff like that,'' Penny said. "It shows they (the Marlins organization) don't know anything about the game. That kind of stuff goes on everywhere. It didn't affect the way he worked, the way he did his job.''
Quote Reply
Re: Another sad day in the world of sports... [weeman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Am I missing something? how old are bat boys these days (don't watch much MLB)? A big league pitcher bets you $500 as a kid what would you do? If they suspend anyone why the kid. MLB is a joke and this is a great example of why. The Marlins PR people must be having fun dealing with this. It would be nice to know who made this brilliant decision.
Quote Reply
Re: Another sad day in the world of sports... [5280] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
$500 If i were a kid I'd do it... heck I would do it now for that much too. Another shitty idea by the numbskulls employed to lead the sport of baseball. 10 days for steriods and 6 for chugging milk... yeah- that's reasonable.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
baseball is such a useless sport. I don't know how people can make careers out of baseball, let alone as batboys.

------------------------------------------------------------------
"The aspect of sport that you learn is that you have your good times and your bad times, but you share it with great people." - George Gregan

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This was all over the radio this morning, apparently the suspension was a club suspension and not a league suspension. Pretty lame though, I hope the kid got his 500 bucks and then some for drinking the milk.

I have horrible back problems but I have zero problems staying in an aero position for 180k. Why? Because I ride steep and because I train regularly in that position. Simple as that.....Gerard
Quote Reply