Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Ankle recovery
Quote | Reply
So have been gradually getting back to running after laying off a couple of months with nasty ankle fracture. Posted a while ago asking how long it would take to recover some of my base (built up over many years of incredibly slow running). Many of you were optimistic that it would come back pretty quickly - and you were right.

Did a nice 13 miler yesterday in the windy rain - underdressed, so hands froze - but IT FELT ABSOLUTELY GREAT TO DO A LONG-ISH RUN AGAIN!!!!! Ran from my house down a minimally hilly course to the LI Sound - ran along the beach a bit - and back up the hills.

By the way, an indication of how long it's been was my forgetting to use Body Glide - and paying the price later! Thanks to all for your encouragement.
Quote Reply
Re: Ankle recovery [oldslowdoc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sweet. :)

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: Ankle recovery [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Happy Birthday, by the way. Saw your post about your 'rents gifts. As a parent with incredibly weak gift-giving skills, I can sympathize with both you and them.

And what is somebody your age doing up so early? Oh, I forgot - you're a swimmer. All of my kids have erased the hours before 10 AM from their clocks (unless they just don't go to bed) - as none of them swim anymore.
Quote Reply
Re: Ankle recovery [oldslowdoc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks. They've gotten me some pretty cool gifts in the past, but they've never gotten me anything sport related before because they tend to think that all the "exercising" ("training, mom, it's training") is "pointless." So the fact that they got me bike-y things is pretty neat, actually.

I'm always up early - swimming is not until 11am today but I want to get some run and bike time.

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply