Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

And, in more anti-doping news, Germany is taking it seriously
Quote | Reply
http://swimswam.com/...r-up-to-three-years/

not for joe-sixpack, but if you are in the testing pool, make sure you are clean.

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Quote Reply
Re: And, in more anti-doping news, Germany is taking it seriously [JasoninHalifax] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
As much as I hate doping, I'm not sure prison is the answer.
Quote Reply
Re: And, in more anti-doping news, Germany is taking it seriously [NordicSkier] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
NordicSkier wrote:
As much as I hate doping, I'm not sure prison is the answer.

It's only aimed at people who make a significant amount of Euros from sport. I haven't read the actual regulation yet, but I guess it is considered fraud, similar to what Italy does.

Like you, I'm not convinced that it is the best solution. I predict that we'll soon see a number of German professional athletes move to Switzerland, Austria, or Luxembourg. But, it does show that they are serious.

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Quote Reply
Re: And, in more anti-doping news, Germany is taking it seriously [JasoninHalifax] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I recently was listening to a radio show where the interviewee put forth the interesting idea that only offenders of violent crimes should be put in prison. All other crimes should see more appropriate punishments. Now what those punishments should be... that is the question.

Putting people in prison is easy, but not likely to have the best outcomes for rehabilitation, and it costs a lot of money too.
Quote Reply