Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
An Open Apology
Quote | Reply
In the last day my life has been, for the most part, a nightmare. Now will come the embarrassment.

Last weekend I participated in Rev3 Aquabike Nationals. At the end of the race, I was listed as 1st in the male 30-34 age group, as well as at the awards later that day. (and still on Rev3's website...) At which point I received the National Champions jersey. If you've chanced over my blog and / or posts, you have likely seen that I was excited about it.

I have been in contact with USAT last night and today, and in fact did NOT win the m30-34 championship. Adam Kuncel, who finished 3rd overall is the real champion. Despite being removed from the AG awards at the ceremony in the Rev3 Aquabike, he is NOT removed from the Championship AG. Confused yet? Regardless, I accepted the Jersey they were handing every other 1st place finisher on stage, and was giddy enough to not question much else.

Although I have intentionally tried to milk the "nat champ" angle, I DID NOT do so believing anything other than the fact that I was in fact M30-34 AG Champ. Nonetheless, at the end of these type of things there is always ONE person who deserves the blame. That person is ME. Any mistakes made were by me or my negligence to details.

I am very, very sorry to anyone who felt mislead by anything I either said or promoted. It was not at all knowingly done, but I apologize and take responsibility nonetheless. I am deeply sorry to the Cobb Mobb, who posted and promoted these results, which were in fact not right. Again, there was no malicious intent involved, only pride (before the fall, right?) and excitement.

Again, my sincerest apologies. Congratulations to Adam, who did an amazing job at the race.

- Christopher Morelock

My Blog - http://leegoocrap.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Re: An Open Apology [leegoocrap] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Congratulations to Adam -- and to you, too.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So, what happened? Did you, without realizing, cut the course or they just messed up the results or something?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well, this saves me the trouble of congratulating you on the BT thread as I was intending to. ;)

Kudos
Last edited by: ChrisM: Sep 12, 14 11:13
Quote Reply
Re: An Open Apology [Maui_] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Maui_ wrote:
So, what happened? Did you, without realizing, cut the course or they just messed up the results or something?

No, he just thought he was national champion but wasn't.

Kat Hunter reports on the San Dimas Stage Race from inside the GC winning team
Aeroweenie.com -Compendium of Aero Data and Knowledge
Freelance sports & outdoors writer Kathryn Hunter
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You should now take the obligatory photo of yourself lying on the sofa with the jersey hung on the wall above it. Dim lighting would also go a long way to add to the effect.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I understand what happened, but isn't it that fault of the race organizer for awarding the jersey to you instead of the other guy?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Emotional rollercoaster I bet!
Congratulations on an awesome race anyway. I imagine many people would have made the same mistake/drawn the same conclusion you did.
Quote Reply
Re: An Open Apology [Maui_] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Maui_ wrote:

the race was put on by Rev3, unlike most National Champ races which aren't handled by outside places.
In Rev3's book (a half aquabike) I was 1st place in the M30-34 age group (as Mr. Kuncel was removed by being in the top 3 overall) like in most races.

In USAT's book, Mr. Kuncel was the first finisher in the M30-34 age group. Since he was not 1st Overall (the only position removing you from your AG) he was 1st M30-34.

If it sounds confusing... well I guess it was... as I walked off the stage in 1st place with a National Champions Jersey... Nonetheless, if I had been less excited and more intelligent I would have seen something was wrong.

* edit... sorry, I'm told that is incorrect info. NO placing removes you from your AG in a Nationals race. So even 1st place would win overall AND in their AG.

Last edited by: leegoocrap: Sep 12, 14 11:58
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
you need to find somebody to sue.

Find out what it is in life that you don't do well, then don't
do that thing.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It's still the WTC's fault. Blame them.

Take a short break from ST and read my blog:
http://tri-banter.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Re: An Open Apology [jackmott] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jackmott wrote:
Maui_ wrote:

No, he just thought he was national champion but wasn't.

Edit: OK, now that he explained, I get it.
Last edited by: Maui_: Sep 12, 14 11:40
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Congrats on a good race and your solid character for accepting it and not being bitter. Definetely confusing and I think most of us including myself would have came to the same conclusion since most races take the top 3 out of the AG divisions.

Andy Mullen
Team Zoot
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What's an Aqua Bike? It it aero? ;)

-Of course it's 'effing hard, it's IRONMAN!
Team ZOOT
ZOOT, QR, Garmin, HED Wheels, Zealios, FormSwim, Precision Hydration, Rudy Project
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So they told you that you won, you thought that you had won but you hadn't. Why are you apologizing and why is it embarrassing? Sounds like it wasn't your mistake.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Re: An Open Apology [BigDaddyD79] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BigDaddyD79 wrote:
You should now take the obligatory photo of yourself lying on the sofa with the jersey hung on the wall above it. Dim lighting would also go a long way to add to the effect.

Well done, sir, well done. :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You better be careful...your coach might fire you!

Eliot
blog thing - strava thing
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
so.....they called out you won and gave you a jersey as the champ but they made a mistake and it should have been Adam instead.

can't really see that as your fault if you didn't know at the time.

good on you for fessing up on ST, not the most forgiving place.
Quote Reply
Re: An Open Apology [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
So they told you that you won, you thought that you had won but you hadn't. Why are you apologizing and why is it embarrassing? Sounds like it wasn't your mistake.

Exactly!

You did nothing wrong, took your award, wore your champions jersey, bragged about it, and then later realized the timing folks and race organizer made a mistake and it effected you.

Congrats on your excellent race!
Quote Reply
Re: An Open Apology [micaza75] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
micaza75 wrote:
so.....they called out you won and gave you a jersey as the champ but they made a mistake and it should have been Adam instead.

can't really see that as your fault if you didn't know at the time.

good on you for fessing up on ST, not the most forgiving place.

Fortunately they had already given Adam his Jersey (at the Top3 overall awards)
I haven't heard anything from Adam... to my knowledge he has no idea any of this has happened. I doubt it has effected him at all, other than possibly having seen something on a forum and thinking "what the hell is this guy doing prancing around in a jersey."

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Did you at least get a truckers hat out of the deal?

Not sure what you're apologizing for. You did nothing wrong.
The RD told you that you won the award - how were you to know otherwise?

If this is your idea of a "nightmare", then you must have lived a charmed life to date.

float , hammer , and jog

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
where'd you put your pictures prancing around in the jersey?
Quote Reply
Re: An Open Apology [micaza75] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
micaza75 wrote:
where'd you put your pictures prancing around in the jersey?

I took them down.

Need the bandwidth to upload the "Lance" style picture.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
you should keep them up. its a funny story just like in the movie Cars when lightning mcqueen thought he won but it was a 3-way tie.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You going to send him the jersey?

Dave Campbell | Facebook | @DaveECampbell | h2ofun@h2ofun.net

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Lions don't lose sleep worrying about the sheep
Quote Reply

Prev Next