Login required to post replies

Amphipod Hydration belts
Quote | Reply
Has anyone used this snap on belts?
Quote Reply
Re: Amphipod Hydration belts [aliengin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have one, I love it.

Once you get the fit dialed in (takes mebbe 1-2 runs), there's no bouncing. There's also a short learning curve w/ snapping the bottles in and out, but once you've mastered it (again, only takes a coupla runs) then it's pretty seamless and intuitive.

I'll be using mine at LP. (w/ one water bottle and one gu flask) Yes, I know it's overkill and there's plenty of aid on course, but I like to have a little somethin-somethin with me at all times, and it's easier to carry what I want using this than my normal race belt.

I also dig their reflective Xinglet vest thingie. I use that during the late Fall to early Spring, so I don't get mowed down while running on the roads. It's the least dorky and most unobtrusive reflective vest there is.

float , hammer , and jog

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I use it. Usually w/4 bottles. I like it--find it's not really noticible most of the time. Got a good deal on a close-out sale so never compared it to a Fuel Belt, but I like the snap-on feature of the amphipod. It's easy to get a bottle in/out with one hand and you know the bottle is back in when it snaps.
Quote Reply
Re: Amphipod Hydration belts [JohnnyKay] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i dropped the bottles alot the first few times i used it. it's a good system though, also i use the bottles for hammergel on very long rides--it works well. also the color of the bottles show up well during the run, another plus as cars can see it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Had mine for a while now - far better than the Fuel Belt I had. I use 2-4 bottles, depending on how far I'm going.
Quote Reply