Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Amgen ToC [Cobble] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah Etix was really organised in that leadout as expected. I'm really frustrated with tinkov. I can't believe they left one really tired teammate that jumped way too early for Sagans leadout. Renshaw and Cav just glided passed them and Sagan was like shit i'm on my own. And now Tinkov will blame Sagan for it.... Why aren't you winning Sagan?
Quote Reply
Re: Amgen ToC [Cobble] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
For me, it's fun to see the US squads like UHC, Optum, etc ride w the Euro beasts and see the "local" guys in the break, etc.
Also some great climbs and there will be fireworks. Really want to see Joe get Gesink's number this year. With Talansky gone, he's in a good spot if he gets some support.
But all in all, there's no real reason to watch it without Chris Horner there.......the ageless wonder....he's so great......
Quote Reply
Re: Amgen ToC [masa757] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't think Sagan has ever beaten Cav in a sprint, especially not a flat field gallop like that. Stage 3 should be a good chance for him.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
masa757 wrote:
Yeah Etix was really organised in that leadout as expected. I'm really frustrated with tinkov. I can't believe they left one really tired teammate that jumped way too early for Sagans leadout. Renshaw and Cav just glided passed them and Sagan was like shit i'm on my own. And now Tinkov will blame Sagan for it.... Why aren't you winning Sagan?

Sagan is always on his own. He's supposed to win classics, he's supposed to out sprint the best sprinter in the world. He's supposed to win stages in the TdF. He's supposed to end world hunger. And solo K2. Why hasn't he?
I feel bad for the goofy kid. He's not having fun anymore. But I LOVE that he's getting in Tinkov's pocket.
Quote Reply
Re: Amgen ToC [McNulty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
McNulty wrote:
masa757 wrote:

Sagan is always on his own. He's supposed to win classics, he's supposed to out sprint the best sprinter in the world. He's supposed to win stages in the TdF. He's supposed to end world hunger. And solo K2. Why hasn't he?
I feel bad for the goofy kid. He's not having fun anymore. But I LOVE that he's getting in Tinkov's pocket.

No kidding, I think it was last year or early this year that someone asked him why he wasn't having fun and he was essentially like "well if you weren't winning wouldn't you not be having fun?" The dude's getting flack from his sponsors too, which i'm sure is messing up his Mojo.
Quote Reply
Re: Amgen ToC [Carl Spackler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ah todays stage was so close but Cav is just too fast for Sagan. I hope Sagan takes stage 3, you can tell he is itching to win.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Why wasn't Sagan wearing an Evade? Aero is everything.
Quote Reply
Re: Amgen ToC [allenpg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
allenpg wrote:
Have you every watched a grand tour stage before? 90% of the stages are very predictable. It's been this way for like ummmm...how many years..:) Friday could have snow at Big Bear (I'll be there), and Mt. Baldy is going to suck if it's in the 40s and 50s (I'll be there). The Amgen ToC is as close as we get to a real Euro stage race. Please ask Andy Hampstein about "boring" stage races (ignoring most EPO fueled races after). Uphill finishes are exciting, but I still love sprints that come down to last 1K...I've been in too many races decided by a few inches.

You riding L'Etape? That. is. going. to. be. AWESOME!
Quote Reply
Re: Amgen ToC [BrentwoodTriGuy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have a few friends who are riding it. I'd rather drive up and watch in warm, non-sweaty clothes...:) I'm most interested in Big Bear. They are expecting 1"-3" of snow on Friday. I'm wondering if they might have to cancel TT or move it. The only good news is that it's a TT and not mass start. They might get the women and early riders in, but otherwise it might end up getting a little sketchy later in the day.

"Most of my heroes don't appear on no stamps"
Blog = http://extrememomentum.com|Photos = http://wheelgoodphotos.com
Quote Reply
Re: Amgen ToC [durk onion] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
He was also on a Tarmac. Can't explain that looking at the stage profile.
Quote Reply
Re: Amgen ToC [McNulty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
McNulty wrote:
masa757 wrote:

ok, how about he just wins something?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
allenpg wrote:
I have a few friends who are riding it. I'd rather drive up and watch in warm, non-sweaty clothes...:) I'm most interested in Big Bear. They are expecting 1"-3" of snow on Friday. I'm wondering if they might have to cancel TT or move it. The only good news is that it's a TT and not mass start. They might get the women and early riders in, but otherwise it might end up getting a little sketchy later in the day.

They're bringing us a clothes back at the BBQ. I'll be dry the whole day :)

I haven't looked at the map (I should just do that instead of writing this but I'm lazy)... if Big Bear TT is by the lake, snow shouldn't really affect it. I could be way off but I don't think it's high enough for this time of year.
Quote Reply
Re: Amgen ToC [willembad] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
willembad wrote:

Venge and an Evade wins him the stage today. Maybe.

/kj

http://kjmcawesome.tumblr.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Snow levels at 5500 feet on Thursday night/Friday morning according to this evening's weather...:) I don't want to pull my snow chains out of storage...

"Most of my heroes don't appear on no stamps"
Blog = http://extrememomentum.com|Photos = http://wheelgoodphotos.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
allenpg wrote:
Snow levels at 5500 feet on Thursday night/Friday morning according to this evening's weather...:) I don't want to pull my snow chains out of storage...

Ugh, I hate that they make almost everyone put chains on for the smallest storms! Have fun!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What channel is carrying the ToC ?
Quote Reply
Re: Amgen ToC [Louamerica] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Louamerica wrote:

Why not watch it at your leisure at http://www.tourtracker.amgentourofcalifornia.com?

-------------------
Madison photographer Timothy Hughes | Instagram
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
They better do something, 130 bucks (or so) to ride was pretty steep, sag support notwithstanding. But you do get the jens shIrt, :) I may be ridinf2the course with cal tri, depends on the weather
Quote Reply
Re: Amgen ToC [Louamerica] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Louamerica wrote:

NBCSN
Quote Reply
Re: Amgen ToC [ChrisM] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think with my discount, I only paid $100. Worth it for the bbq.

Last year, our bike shop catered a free ride up mulholland and then grilled the event on the snake. It was easily 1 of the top 5 best days i had last year. I expect this to be close, even though we only see the riders once (compared to 3 times last year).
Quote Reply
Re: Amgen ToC [Carl Spackler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Flat stages may be predictable, but these California roads take boring bike racing to a whole new level. Just straight roads and wide sweeping corners all day long. Even the wind can't make it more interesting for some reason. Put some flippin' unlit tunnels, traffic furniture, tight corners, and narrow roads in there man! Also, why always a circuit at the end? It's not a uniquely American thing, you have it at European races as well, but it seems like every flat stage in the ToC has a circuit that's just way too small and adds nothing to the race dynamic.
Quote Reply
Re: Amgen ToC [kjmcawesome] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
kjmcawesome wrote:
willembad wrote:

Venge and an Evade wins him the stage today. Maybe.

I just love it when the desk potatoes of ST tell the best in the world what they should be doing!

---------------------------
''Sweeney - you can both crush your AG *and* cruise in dead last!! đŸ˜‚ '' Murphy's Law
Quote Reply
Re: Amgen ToC [Sweeney] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey now, you have not seen my desk or potato. I'm not telling anyone what to do, I just find it interesting that he or his team chose for him to not be on an aero frame with the stage as flat as it was. I would love to hear possible explanations or a reason behind that decision, even wild speculation, and even from desk potatoes.
Quote Reply
Re: Amgen ToC [willembad] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well once again TS screwed Sagan, nobody could stop Sagan at the finish, except his team was too weak to pull back the break. Cannondale might have had more support for him than what i have seen this spring.
Quote Reply
Re: Amgen ToC [Ron_Burgundy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ron_Burgundy wrote:
Well once again TS screwed Sagan, nobody could stop Sagan at the finish, except his team was too weak to pull back the break. Cannondale might have had more support for him than what i have seen this spring.

actually, Sky did more work to bring it back than TS did :). Real bummer. Why would they allow an almost 5 minute lead 15K out?

And Cav will win today and run his mouth even though Sagan was done with podium/interviews/shower by the time he casually rolled in yesterday. Don't get me wrong, I know he's just about unbeatable in a flat stage (which is why nobody will help his team - why does he constantly complain about that?). It takes a lot of talent to do what he does but it's all or nothing. He either wins or rolls in just ahead of the broom wagon. The guy who finishes top 5 - 10 in every race is not the same type of rider so measuring them on flat stages is the same as using yesterday's stage for comparison on who's a better rider.
Quote Reply

Prev Next