Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: American Zofingen [Murphy'sLaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Murphy'sLaw wrote:

37 is kinda slow for run 1. In any distance at AmZof.
Just sayin.

Why do people who can't do the first run in 37 even bother to race at AZ? They ought to institute a time cut, especially for the short course. Either that or make you chug a penalty beer for every minute over. Just to keep out the riff raff and KAlber.
Quote Reply
Re: American Zofingen [kdw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
to be truly fair... yoda was obviously hitting the bottle pretty hard last year as he also predicted he'd be finished before I even started the last run*, and that he'd be on the overall podium for the F1.

* he also made this prediction before I got injured and couldn't run for the 5 weeks leading up to the race...and yet he still failed.

220...221...whatever it takes.
Quote Reply
Re: American Zofingen [KAlber] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
KAlber wrote:
to be truly fair... yoda was obviously hitting the bottle pretty hard last year as he also predicted he'd be finished before I even started the last run*, and that he'd be on the overall podium for the F1.

* he also made this prediction before I got injured and couldn't run for the 5 weeks leading up to the race...and yet he still failed.

Only you would try to brag about going so slow they didn't even give you a result.;)
Quote Reply
Re: American Zofingen [tri_yoda] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I wholeheartedly agree. Penalty beers all around!!!

Ok - I was referring to those who hope to "contend", as that specific pos(t)er had asked.
I mean, it's not every year that barely holding off the Womens Canadian Womens winner will be enough to eke out a SC win.

My opening run each of the last 4 yrs at AZ (2 LC, 2 F1) was <35.
In fact, the 2 slowest ones were both the F1 races.
And I'm far from a gifted runner.
So if I can punch out a 35 when pacing myself for a longer race, certainly someone hoping to "contend" in Canadian Womens, and doesn't need to hold back, should want to aim for that, or faster.
Right? Right.

float , hammer , and jog

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
KAlber wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iX3kxAA2L4Q
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
don't let these guys scare you F1 virgins... the key is the second bike... save it for that stage.... you can't fake it, the hills will kill you... you can however, fake the last run, think "strategic walking"

DNF is NOT an option

"if you chose it, it's not really pain"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Only you would try to brag about going so slow they didn't even give you a result.;)
that's only because I asked tetsuoni to time me with a sun dial...and we had no sun.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I will gladly take on any and all challenges for the beer chugging portion of the race. trust me on this one...you don't want to place bets against me.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
KAlber wrote:
I will gladly take on any and all challenges for the beer chugging portion of the race. trust me on this one...you don't want to place bets against me.

Well hell, youve gotta be good at something.
Will it still be light enough out for us to witness this spectacle?

float , hammer , and jog

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:

that depends...how fat did you say cartman is these days??
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
KAlber wrote:
Quote:

that's only because I asked tetsuoni to time me with a sun dial...and we had no sun.

I don't buy it. A sun dial implies you could finish the race in a single day. I think we could time you by the phases of the moon.
Quote Reply
Re: American Zofingen [tetsuoni] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tetsuoni wrote:
As noted above, there's a slot open and your number came up.
Contact me by e-mail to finalize your entry.
Long course, huh? So you want my money as well, not just the beer?
Can we smack talk Murphy into the long course, everyone?
Nothing makes me happier than watching him suffer - well, that and beer. And frosting straight out of the can.
Ok so I've gotten 20+ EN guys to do this race. I know of at least a couple who will or are going to bail. Any chance we can give one of these paid for slots to poor Jon Hirsch?
Oh, and the winner of the middle distance will be one of my guys.
Quote Reply
Re: American Zofingen [tucktri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What? And call Mr Hirsch's bluff?
He'd have put up more than weak smacktalk then.

PS - no. One of "your" guys will not win F1.
But keep on with the positive thinking.
It makes the crushed dreams all the more tasty.

float , hammer , and jog

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
For 2012, there will be no age groups, just weight classes.
The overall will be handicapped by weight.
Kalber is the odds on favorite, assuming I don't race.
If I race, all I need to do is finish during the month of May to win.

2015 American Zofingen Du is May 17.
R.I.P. Chris Gleason
Quote Reply
Re: American Zofingen [tucktri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I got off the wait list on my own Trucktri, but thanks for the love.

ML, for real, I was pretty sure I wasn't going Am Zof so I did all my training for a shorter course spring. This is THE only time this will ever happen because I yelled at my mom to get off the phone when its time to reg and she said she was sorry and that she loves her "little bubba bear" and kissed my for head. She is even gonna come down into the basement "apartment" to remind me to reg on time next year. Oh and she wants to know if "my friend" wants to come over for tang and bagel pizzas? You free?

http://www.johnhirsch.org
http://www.stronglikebulltraining.com
Quote Reply
Re: American Zofingen [John Hirsch] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Frank Schleck was told he was doing the Giro d'Italia 2 days ago and the race starts the day after tomorrow.

You have 17 days to make sure you're ready to beat some 50 year-old limp-wristed albino, quit being a pussy.
Quote Reply
Re: American Zofingen [John Hirsch] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
John - You're finally gonna be a REAL MAN and race LC? Maybe get your own finisher's cap and stop eyeballing mine? You're lucky I'm not in and you better pray that my name doesn't come up right under yours on the wait list. I have been winning all season already. What have you been doing?

Predictions? Here's one, from me to you: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UmvnXKRfdb8

I'm glad you've been hiding behind me. If I get to race, you'd better get used to the view.

- your loving girlfriend

Quote Reply
Re: American Zofingen [holisticguru] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
holisticguru wrote:

I'm glad you've been hiding behind me. If I get to race, you'd better get used to the view.

- your loving girlfriend

This is hot.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"Well hell, youve gotta be good at something." --------------> flip turns, remember?

Murphy'sLaw wrote:
KAlber wrote:

Well hell, youve gotta be good at something.
Quote Reply
Re: American Zofingen [holisticguru] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wow, my wife waited until we were married before she started talking to me that way (and never stopped).

R.I.P. Chris Gleason
Quote Reply
Re: American Zofingen [eganski] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"You have 17 days to make sure you're ready to beat some 50 year-old limp-wristed albino, quit being a pussy"
I make a motion that this be this year's t-shirt quote. Seconds?

R.I.P. Chris Gleason
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Maybe I'll put that on the trophy!

http://www.EpixGear.com
Quote Reply
Re: American Zofingen [DougRob] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well, it certainly sounds like something Chris G. would have said.
An actual Chris G. quote would be better - anyone have classic Chris G. quotes? There are a lot of them.

R.I.P. Chris Gleason
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
tetsuoni wrote:
For 2012, there will be no age groups, just weight classes.
The overall will be handicapped by weight.

Damn. I am scheduled for liposuction next week which I cannot cancel because I put my money down already. While this will virtually guarantee me to go under 5h in the F1 and destroy the posers here ... I wonder whether I should order a big box of Bavarian cream puffs to keep me on the podium?
Quote Reply

Prev Next