Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: American Zofingen [trislayer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
We have yet to fully kick the kegs (yes, plural) in any prior AmZof post race festivities.
I know Chris G took that as a personal affront on more than 1 occasion, and made a valiant effort to remedy that.

So - long answer short, you really don't need to bring beer to AmZof.

If anybody wants to volunteer to bring 1 of the 2 non-beer makings for Car Bombs (ie - Jameson, and Baileys) that would be appreciated by all.

float , hammer , and jog

Quote Reply
Re: American Zofingen [KAlber] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Quote:
don't worry too much...you'll be walking at least half of the last lap.

we are allowed to walk? go figger

"if you chose it, it's not really pain"
Quote Reply
Re: American Zofingen [kcb203] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
I just don't want to be walking half of the first lap!

it's called "power hiking" at that point.
Quote Reply
Re: American Zofingen [Murphy'sLaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
First timer doing the F1 course. What's the cost to partake in the beer festivities? Do the kegs get tapped at a certain time or you can start the drinking once you cross the finish?

Beer after all is the most important part.
Quote Reply
Re: American Zofingen [John Hirsch] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This is some good smack, although given your choice to race SC last year instead of defending your 2010 victory, it's a little suspect.

I'm going to file this under 2013 AmZof Smacktalk: The Rematch

JohnHirsch 2010 F1 winning time: 5:04:35
Murphy'sLaw 2011 F1 winning time: 5:04:49

With the conditions last year, it would have been quite a battle for you to retain your title.

PS still charity slots available.
Quote Reply
Re: American Zofingen [stillrollin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
We never ran out of cups! Doesn't everyone win a big honkin' stein?

2015 American Zofingen Du is May 17.
R.I.P. Chris Gleason
Quote Reply
Re: American Zofingen [mks75] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The beer is free to entrants.
We recommend that you drink during the race - the kegs are on the course.

R.I.P. Chris Gleason
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
mks75 wrote:
Do the kegs get tapped at a certain time or you can start the drinking once you cross the finish?

Wait, I thought the whole point of this oddball race in the middle of BFE was that you drank during the race?

ETA: Thank you for the clarification above.
Last edited by: Goosedog: May 2, 12 12:36
Quote Reply
Re: American Zofingen [kdw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If Hirsch wants to man up and take on ML, there's a spot for him.
He can talk the talk, but can he walk the walk?

R.I.P. Chris Gleason
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"First timer doing the F1 course. What's the cost to partake in the beer festivities? Do the kegs get tapped at a certain time or you can start the drinking once you cross the finish?"

The cost is showing up at the gazeebo thirsty...the kegs get tapped as soon as someone says "I need a beer." This often doesn't happen until after the first F1 finisher crosses as most of the SC racers prefer wine coolers or Cosmos.

And you don't have to wait until you cross the finish line. You pass the kegs 3X during the F1 race.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
2 lawyers in that photo, but only 1 Canadian Woman.

R.I.P. Chris Gleason
Quote Reply
Re: American Zofingen [d-elvis] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i figured out the walking thing on my third "run" last year when I looked at my garmin and saw some pathetic pace as I was attempting to "run" up the side of a mountain.

"Trying is the first step toward failure" - H.J.S.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Honestly, I kinda wanted to do the LC, so the rematch will have to wait.

My poor pro triathlete bank account cant afford the charity spot but I am still on the wait list and got on very early so I am thinking right about now some people are gonna realized the hell they signed up for and not everyone have the guts for what is the hardest course on earth. (seriously, if you are reading this and think its too hard, it is, drop out. Email them now. There is no shame in dropping out now. No one will know. On the other hand showing up and suffering until you DNF is shameful and you will be mocked. And even if you aren't mocked you will hate yourself for failing.)

I plan on slaying a goat to a Voodoo God tonight to increase my luck that someone bails and I get in.

http://www.johnhirsch.org
http://www.stronglikebulltraining.com
Quote Reply
Re: American Zofingen [John Hirsch] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
As noted above, there's a slot open and your number came up.
Contact me by e-mail to finalize your entry.
Long course, huh? So you want my money as well, not just the beer?
Can we smack talk Murphy into the long course, everyone?
Nothing makes me happier than watching him suffer - well, that and beer. And frosting straight out of the can.

R.I.P. Chris Gleason
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
kdw wrote:
You pass the kegs 3X during the F1 race.

And where's the designated puke spot?
Quote Reply
Re: American Zofingen [tetsuoni] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This is one of the best AZ smackdown threads ever.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
C'mon, Hirsch can't come on here saying he coulda/woulda/shoulda kicked ML's ass in the F1 but he couldn't get in, then when you let him in try and sneak into a different race.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm too afraid to smalk talk ML or Yoda. ML handed me my ass twice at Toughman and I know Yoda can out Du me (Can't we through in a swim and give me a chance?) since Lake George last year.

I think my only chance is to drink enough on the run that I don't feel the pain.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Since I got into the LC at the last second I wasn't training for it so ML if you are EVER gonna beat me, its this time. Of course you won't. But, if you want I will ride and run with you until you think you are going to win again then leave you for dead because seeing peoples dreams and hopes get crushed is the best gift ever and interestingly my Birthday is May 19th. Also I love the way you turn yourself inside out to try to keep up. Its like I can see the dagger stuck in your gut and twisted as we run up the mountain. The sounds of you dry heaving is like sweet love wispers of demons.

Am Zof is biblical.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
As stated above, worst is passing the cooking hamburgers, as you pass right above the grill.... argh

"if you chose it, it's not really pain"
Quote Reply
Re: American Zofingen [M~] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm pretty sure it's only just getting started....

R.I.P. Chris Gleason
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
KDW you have no idea how hard it is living with my girl friend who did the LC last year and wears the hat ever day and says:

"Why don't you have one of these?"

"Oh right because you aren'ty man enough to do the LC."

For a year I haven't even been able to look the dog in the eye. (the dog is a sick ultra runner who beats us both and is the best athlete in the family.)

Quote Reply
Re: American Zofingen [prattzc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
I'm too afraid to smack talk ML or Yoda.

you could skip the talk and just smack them. If it helps, I'll gladly sit on them so you can do it. I'm on the brut squad.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"And where's the designated puke spot?"

downwind from the gazeebo.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Is it unhealthy to miss something that kicked the living bejeebers out of you and left you stranded in the middle of nowhere to fight your way back with little hope to civilization alone? I mean Rihanna would say no, but what do you say John? I can't make this year, but I'm dragging two unsuspecting suckers up with me next year with the promise that "Our wives will just LOVE that area and won't it be nice to roll around in such pretty landscapes?" I'm, so far, not mentioning the fact that the gorgeous landscapes are a distant vision on the horizon and instead they'll only be seeing the hell in front of them at any given moment. It seems cruel to go and ruin the surprise.

-Andrew Saar
It is better to do the right thing and be paid poorly,
than to do the wrong thing and be rewarded richly.
Quote Reply

Prev Next