Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: American Zofingen [tri_yoda] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That sounds about right.
Last year, I rolled into T3 @ 2:45, which ended up virtually winning the Canadian Womens race, while going on to take care of bidness in the F1.

You don't wanna get virtually smacked down like that.
So please go faster than 2:45.

This has been a public service announcement.

float , hammer , and jog

Quote Reply
Re: American Zofingen [Murphy'sLaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
When will you be rocking the missP5?
Quote Reply
Re: American Zofingen [eganski] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm not a pro, so apparently never?
Maybe I'll run some FLO wheels on it?

Miss P4 has been treating me quite well. And she's paid for.
"this bike doesn't cost $ pallie, she *makes* $"

float , hammer , and jog

Quote Reply
Re: American Zofingen [tri_yoda] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"The course record is about 2:37, by a now pro. I think a 2:45 stands a strong chance of winning SC, but not guaranteed. If I was going to pick an over/under I would go with 2:46."

I would put the over/under on the number of F1 people who get to the end of leg 3 in under 2:46 at 3, so you'd better giddy-up if you want to make the virtual SC podium.

Quote Reply
Re: American Zofingen [kdw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What kd-dub (pronounced "Katy Dub") said.

Yoda - You can still get a Big Honkin' Stein for (maybe) winning your AG in Canadian Womens.

float , hammer , and jog

Quote Reply
Re: American Zofingen [NickG] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is anyone else in M30-34 Short Course (Canadian Womens) this year? All you guys seem to be old bastards fighting for the Geri-Awards (probably still faster than me though).

Quote | Reply
I'm going to attempt to update the entry list so that it has all the details racers like when plotting their smiting and vanquishing.

2015 American Zofingen Du is May 17.
R.I.P. Chris Gleason
Quote Reply
Re: American Zofingen [tetsuoni] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Excellent...now I can finally judge how many beers I can have Saturday night!

Quote | Reply
Murphy will tell you - "3 for PB"
That was Chris G.'s protocol as well.
As for the RD, the pre-race will likely be more like 6, or 12....

R.I.P. Chris Gleason
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
tetsuoni wrote:
Murphy will tell you - "3 for PB"
That was Chris G.'s protocol as well.
As for the RD, the pre-race will likely be more like 6, or 12....

There are two ways to tackle that AmZof "run".

hammering or hammered
Quote Reply
Re: American Zofingen [blwmhv] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Actually, the proper AmZof etiquette is to be both hammering, and hammered.
The "T2 ICB" (TM) originated with us - I'm in negotiations to sell the rights to WTC.

R.I.P. Chris Gleason
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
How many races have ever had a Car Bomb "aid" station set up ON COURSE?!??!!!

(that's a rhetorical - A is, of course, only AmZof)

Reason # 1347 why AmZof rules, and M.Dot drools.

float , hammer , and jog

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
WTF would you waste a good Irish Whiskey by mixing it with beer and Irish Cream. I'm all for drinking, but I'm very opposed to wasting a nicely aged whiskey :)

Sip the whiskey with the awesome burgers after the race.
Quote Reply
Re: American Zofingen [NickG] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Do I need to taper if I haven't even trained?

I signed up for the CG Memorial on a whim to honor Chris, thinking it's about the same as a half with an extra mile of running to replace the swimming. But then I look at the times from past years and see that I'm going to have a long day out there. I've barely been on my bike this spring--the longest ride was a 3.5 hour ride where I totally bonked at the end. And I blew up in Boston on Patriot's Day. This is going to be ugly. I'm tempted to do the Canadian Women's race instead, but feel like I should finish what I've signed up for. This race--and the Chesapeake 4.4 mile swim last year--are my only races where the goal truly is just to finish. Will there still be beers and burgers after dark? Are there wolves and bears in those woods who only emerge at night?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That video is still one of my fav's. Whenever I get too serious with my training I turn to it for guidance as to why the hell I do this shit again...

Quote | Reply
Ahh...another competitor for the most undertrained athlete award...I shall see you past dark my friend. I only pray I am slightly faster than you so the wolves don't get to me before I get to the *hopefully* not kicked kegs...

Quote | Reply
Hey Murphy's law... "Virtual winner" of SC? The only time we race there and it was real, not virtual, I got to watch you cramp and fall to the ground and cry like a girl while I went on to win :) Sorry I didn't go harder to win by a bigger margin while way out in front.

Sadly the only reason I can't kick your ass again this year is because I lost the race to the computer to reg and got closed out.

Enjoy your win false king, I won't make the same mistake of thinking the RD saves spots for defending champs next year and will beat you to the online reg then the finish line.

http://www.youtube.com/...&feature=related

[AM ZOF, best smack talk in all of sports!]

http://www.johnhirsch.org
http://www.stronglikebulltraining.com
Quote Reply
Re: American Zofingen [John Hirsch] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Only time we raced head to head?

Cough, cough - SAVAGEMAN - cough, cough.

We can easily do a search, here or your blog, to read in your own words how "easy" you "cruised it in" back in '10.
<smirk>

But congrats again on holding off a mid-40's AGer who had done a whopping 500-something miles total each of run and bike training that entire ytd, up to and including the race itself.

Sorry the dial-up access from Mom's basement was too slow.
Maybe next year?
I'll be there.

float , hammer , and jog

Quote Reply
Re: American Zofingen [kcb203] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
I signed up for the CG Memorial on a whim to honor Chris, thinking it's about the same as a half with an extra mile of running to replace the swimming. But then I look at the times from past years and see that I'm going to have a long day out there. I've barely been on my bike this spring--the longest ride was a 3.5 hour ride where I totally bonked at the end. And I blew up in Boston on Patriot's Day. This is going to be ugly. I'm tempted to do the Canadian Women's race instead, but feel like I should finish what I've signed up for. This race--and the Chesapeake 4.4 mile swim last year--are my only races where the goal truly is just to finish. Will there still be beers and burgers after dark? Are there wolves and bears in those woods who only emerge at night?

don't worry too much...you'll be walking at least half of the last lap.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't know what the races are like at AmZof, but the pre-race smack talk can't be beat! This is awesome...
Quote Reply
Re: American Zofingen [KAlber] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
KAlber wrote:
Quote:

don't worry too much...you'll be walking at least half of the last lap.

I just don't want to be walking half of the first lap!
Quote Reply
Re: American Zofingen [Rolldown] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

I agree with the assessment that the pre-race smack talk is cool. I wish I had something clever to add, but it just ain't happening at the moment. Maybe if I down a few beverages (later) the creativity bug will bite me.

I'm racing the LC for my first time ever this year. A few of us will be doing some recon (run + ride) on the course this Saturday. Hopefully we'll see a few of you out there.

This thread has got me worried - mostly about whether or not I'm going to miss the best beer consumption times while I'm racing. I will bring some auxilary consumables just in case.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I KNEW Savageman would come up! Can't really say much about that, you (and everyone) CRUSHED me. What a disaster of a race! And it had a swim! If I can't beat you with that kind of head start...man...I did finish, and I did get a brick. But its my PW and I think I am going to have to race a long time to go slower.

Still, I am undefeated at Am Zof and isn't that all that matters? I mean everything else is just tune ups for Am Zof Where: I. Beat. You. [although it was a pretty epic race]

(Disclaimer* I am only undefeated because I never raced Beck. No one is betting him. Hell; no one is even smack talking at him.)

http://www.johnhirsch.org
http://www.stronglikebulltraining.com
Quote Reply
Re: American Zofingen [trislayer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trislayer wrote:

This thread has got me worried - mostly about whether or not I'm going to miss the best beer consumption times while I'm racing. I will bring some auxilary consumables just in case.

Last year they actually ran out of cups but the beer kept flowing - and I was late to the party having suffered though the ITT. I gladly made a donation to the brewmaster for one of his glasses. So, my advice is to bring your own mug or a couple of bucks!
JM knows how to throw an after party!!
Quote Reply
Re: American Zofingen [John Hirsch] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Sadly the only reason I can't kick your ass again this year is because I lost the race to the computer to reg and got closed out.

sooooo....your computer was down for how many weeks exactly???

let's see...there was the early entry in august (i signed up on 8/27)...and then I signed my wife up on 11/28. man...that's a helluva long time to get to your computer. I can see why you didn't want to race ML again ;)

I don't blame you in some ways...the stroke face can be pretty intimidating.
Quote Reply

Prev Next