Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: American Zofingen [Murphy'sLaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tucktri is creeping me out, big-time, talking about his guys. I bet he's the type of guy who's asked the question "does this rag smell like chloroform to you?"

Weirdo.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm the guy who rallied 20+ people to signup and race for Chris. Yes half bailed. So yeah the EN guys are my guys.
I'm slow. Only race I'm winning is to the keg. You can see my glacial time around 7 hours.
ML I have to admit you were correct about the TT bike. Really wished I had used it.
I never said after the fact Patrick would have won. Merely given his racing history with Burke it is possible. I did say he would have beaten ML but that would have given him second right?
In Reply To:
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
His guy couldn't have won GCG this year because if I raced, and if I trained every day from Lake Placid 2010, and if I never gained 30 pound or never drank 3-4 beers everyday for the last 22 months and if I trained year round with the Swedish Doodes I would have won.

2015 American Zofingen Du is May 17.
R.I.P. Chris Gleason
Quote Reply
Re: American Zofingen [tetsuoni] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Word.

The rest of us needn't have even bothered racing, under those circumstances.

"My big brother could beat you up!! Uh, if he was there."

float , hammer , and jog

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
yup, and like I tell my kids: If all "ifs" and "buts" were candies and nuts everyday would be christmas!
Quote Reply
Re: American Zofingen [tucktri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Only race I'm winning is to the keg.
sorry dude...that's a full contact sport. I'm going with me, steelerguy or Chris Wilhelm (all capable of reaching clydesdale status with one hours notice) on that one. I'd put tetsuoni in the running too as he could just envelope people into his fat rolls on the way ;)
Quote Reply
Re: American Zofingen [KAlber] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
KAlber wrote:
Quote:
sorry dude...that's a full contact sport. I'm going with me, steelerguy or Chris Wilhelm (all capable of reaching clydesdale status with one hours notice) on that one. I'd put tetsuoni in the running too as he could just envelope people into his fat rolls on the way ;)

This.
And I'd beat everybody else to the keg w speed, cunning, and experience.

float , hammer , and jog

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you were actually right, I wouldn't have put on 4lb over the past 4d.

Murphy'sLaw wrote:
KAlber wrote:
Quote:

This.
Quote Reply
Re: American Zofingen [tucktri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
2nd post ever, unsure if this pic will display properly.

I know this isn't as bad as the road burn / cuts from the Eganski pic but this is my ankle after rolling it on the trail run. Normally, i would tuck my manhood between my legs and drive home while listening to some Canadian women's pop music but on Sunday i had the GCG time chip for the 2nd bike. Completed the 29 miles on the craziest hills i have ever witnessed (admittedly i am somewhat of a tri newbie, but those hills were really mountains in denial). Cant wait to get my high five from Chris in the next life.

Thanks to John and his team for a very cool race, he truly goes above n beyond. Thanks to Dr. Scott for helping me before n after the bike and to the guy who helped me out of the woods into transition (sorry forgot your name). Congrats to Cara, Jenny, Mike Curtis, Dana Karrie & Eric Bliss on completing/supporting the GCG relay effort and starting a tradition.

See you guys at Tupper, I will bring the Guinness.

Last edited by: JustinReid1971: May 24, 12 12:34
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
kalber chewed through his own tire on the 2nd bike loop just so he could win the race to the keg.

To be on the list of people capable of beating Rich's course record is going to take someone with ~1:15 open half marathon speed and sub 2:20 on a hilly HIM bike speed, and it's pretty unlikely they'd do it on their first crack.
Quote Reply
Re: American Zofingen [eganski] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
eganski wrote:
Tucktri is creeping me out, big-time, talking about his guys. I bet he's the type of guy who's asked the question "does this rag smell like chloroform to you?"

Weirdo.

I was heading to hillbilly country no? Act as if I suppose
Quote Reply
Re: American Zofingen [baliman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
baliman wrote:
If you were actually right, I wouldn't have put on 4lb over the past 4d.

Murphy'sLaw wrote:
KAlber wrote:
Quote:

This.

Rookie. I was up 4 lbs by Wed am.

float , hammer , and jog

Quote Reply
Re: American Zofingen [JustinReid1971] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ohh, not bad!

My pic wasn't bad, at least based on the number of PM's I've gotten from hijacked accounts requesting a blown-up version to mount on the ceiling.

ML, kdw, KAliber, prattzc, and yokanoni-change your passwords.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Impressive. At least I will have the benefit of better floating in the water ... which you won't experience

"Rookie. I was up 4 lbs by Wed am."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:

i ate a half gallon of ice cream between sunday and monday night (no...i'm not kidding).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
KAlber wrote:
Quote:

i ate a half gallon of ice cream between sunday and monday night (no...i'm not kidding).

Damn dude, you had lots of time to drink beer. I'm not sure the ice cream was warranted. just sayin ;)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"i ate a half gallon of ice cream between sunday and monday night (no...i'm not kidding)."

The only way we might think you were kidding is that it took you 2 nights.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You bastard!

R.I.P. Chris Gleason
Quote Reply
Re: American Zofingen [JustinReid1971] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's a total testament to the spirit of Chris.

R.I.P. Chris Gleason
Quote Reply
Re: American Zofingen [eganski] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
eganski wrote:
Ohh, not bad!

My pic wasn't bad, at least based on the number of PM's I've gotten from hijacked accounts requesting a blown-up version to mount on the ceiling.

ML, kdw, KAliber, prattzc, and yokanoni-change your passwords.
Mine wasn't hijacked....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
34.5mph for a 3:41 on the descent. I guess I don't measure up.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
First post ever, on any forum - Joined just so I could say what a great race! Thank you very much to John and Don for lending us their bicycles. Alex was blown away by how fast the Ceepo is; Jake the Snake is awesome! Got me up those scary hills hurt-free. Mostly - that first hill out is special. The course is a lot of fun, and the aid station people much appreciated. People were super-friendly, how could I find them so intimidating at first. I plan to come back, chat less, run/cycle harder. Thanks again for putting this on. Cheers,
V
Quote Reply
Re: American Zofingen [Docmartin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Docmartin wrote:
34.5mph for a 3:41 on the descent. I guess I don't measure up.

Pretty sure ya beat Rich Burke down.
Not that he sets the bar very high in that regard.

(which makes how fast he went on the rest of bike loop all the more impressive. I can't even properly bust on him about it anymore. <sigh> )

float , hammer , and jog

Quote Reply
Re: American Zofingen [VM_AG] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Great to hear from you!
I'm glad the bikes worked out. And, yes, the Ceepo is stupid fast.
Next year I'll be riding it myself, so we'll have to work something out.
I was very impressed with Alex finishing long course on a borrowed bike, especially with the "custom" elbow pad, e.g. a folded sock duct taped to the elbow rest.
So what took longer, finishing the race, or reading this thread?
Be well.

R.I.P. Chris Gleason
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm embarrassed to admit I was actually trying to pump up my speed on the downhills (i.e. no braking) but look at the strava results: ML 3:01 / RB 3:51. Your avg speed (42mph) was a tick below my top speed (43.9)! WTF!! My only consolation is you are clearly an outlier/freak. Next best were in the 3:20s.

No doubt you have got the downhill prime locked up.
Quote Reply

Prev Next