Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: American Zofingen [CeeCee] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm pretty sure she was less than 1:00 behind. She finished with a big smile on her face.
At least Yoda's kit is ST approved.
He looked like that the last time we finished drinking together in Saratoga Springs as well.

2015 American Zofingen Du is May 17.
R.I.P. Chris Gleason
Quote Reply
Re: American Zofingen [tetsuoni] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is this kit also ST approved???

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
He won't be needing the L/S top anymore, he's got a LOT more natural insulation these days.

I had always wondered what a bag full of scalded cats sounded like.
Now I know.

float , hammer , and jog

Quote Reply
Re: American Zofingen [Murphy'sLaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Murphy'sLaw wrote:
I had always wondered what a bag full of scalded cats sounded like.
Now I know.

aw, c'mon, don't pick on the RD for THAT reason..... it was raining and he didn't get a chance to warm up his bagpipes.

Find another reason to pick on him..... shouldn't be that difficult ;-)
Quote Reply
Re: American Zofingen [tri_yoda] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tri_yoda wrote:
If tri_yoda rides the AZ bike course at 35 km/hr, at what point will he pass KAlber on the course?

I'm going with "2 things that will never happen" for $500 Alex.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ST and Canadian Womens approved.

R.I.P. Chris Gleason
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Forecast keeps "improving" for Sun:
Lows mid 50's, highs mid 70's. Good après weather for sure!

I'd prefer rain, so I don't have to hear Rich Burke's brakes squealing on the Mohonk descent. ;-)

float , hammer , and jog

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Don't worry, you won't hear any brakes squeeling, you WILL hear a high pitch noise, but that is just my a$$ puckering up.

I think I'll start my taper Saturday afternoon around 2pm. That should be plenty of rest.

BTW, who is driving me home Sunday night?

And I'll be up in Clifton Park and Lake George Memeorial Day weekend if you want my signature and I can't get to it on Sunday.
Quote Reply
Re: American Zofingen [prattzc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think about the only noises we'll be hearing from you are weeping and sobbing, as the piper comes to collect for your doing the 2nd hardest HIM on the eastern seaboard the day before the hardest Du on the planet.

You have fun with that.

float , hammer , and jog

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Then I guess you better make sure you stay in front of me. I'd hate to see you get chicked by a sobbing weeping girly man like me.

This is for GCG. The only reason I'm doing this to myself. And I have the coach's blessing.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
prattzc wrote:
And I have the coach's blessing.

Your coach must not like you very much. Ask the gay avenger what it was like racing the day before the AmZof prologue last week...and we didn't do much running. in fact...he didn't do any running.
Last edited by: KAlber: May 16, 12 6:15
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
prattzc wrote:
This is for GCG. The only reason I'm doing this to myself.

I'm sure the shirts are printed already...... but this would have made an awesome quote!!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I agree.
This year's shirt has, I believe, a GCG worthy quote - I hope others agree.
It looks like this year starts our next 5 year run of good weather - jinx.

R.I.P. Chris Gleason
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm not sure if this has been mentioned or addressed yet, but...

Disk on the rear or an 808? Both are tubulars!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
tetsuoni wrote:
ST and Canadian Womens approved.

No, *this* is Canadian Womens approved :)

Quote Reply
Re: American Zofingen [IVcoops] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I would roll disc, but that's how I roll.
Murphy is the AmZof expert - he'll be happy to point out my numerous failings at the event, as well as his numerous successes.
Let's see what he says.

R.I.P. Chris Gleason
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Vandals from the north!
BTW, bagpipes are the official instrument of the Great White North - or, if not yet, they should be.
My, you certainly have a lot of photos of me ;-)

R.I.P. Chris Gleason
Quote Reply
Re: American Zofingen [KAlber] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thats Mr. GayVenger to you.

@ Prattz: Seriously, the prologue totally sucked the day after racing and my event was only a (pretty flat) sprint. Now, I was redlining the whole way trying to catch the leader (and GCG's chief local rival in last years IMLP duel - Chris managed to keep him off til the end) but, again, ONLY a SPRINT.

I realize you're a super semi-pro "elite" stud (see the Lake George pre-race smack down thread of 2011) and i'm just a hack but you've been forewarned. You make it to the end in one piece and in some remotely respectable time on sunday and you've got my respect.
Quote Reply
Re: American Zofingen [KevinMartin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
And I was promised full consciousness on my deathbed from the Dalai Lama, so I got that going for me...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga ...

"The right to party is a battle we have fought, but we'll surrender and go Amish... NOT!" -Wayne Campbell
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:

That sounds about the time you hit Table Rocks Trail on run lap #3.

Cleveland Reverse Taper in full effect for LC: Do nothing for 14 months, sign up for AZ in November. Brew beer all winter. Drink beer all winter. Drink beer all spring. Kick off training with 10K race thru mud in February. Get ass handed to me on the first two "A" rides of the year. Eat a lot of tacos. Hit a few training sessions with local pro triathlete. Declare myself ready after last long ride when I didn't feel like shite afterwards.
My legs look good. My legs feel good. I. Like. My. Chances.
Quote Reply
Re: American Zofingen [krol] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Question from AmZof newbie: Would someone be kind enough to give explicit run course directions? I will in NP tomorrow and thought I might do an easy loop. I know the preserve trails quite well but the course map on the web site doesn't really show the run route clearly.

Have been quietly following this forum for awhile. Very entertaining. Haven't done a multisport race (or really any races) in over a decade - I feel like I picked an interesting way to start back up :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
prattzc wrote:
And I was promised full consciousness on my deathbed from the Dalai Lama, so I got that going for me...

Which is nice.

PS- big hitter, the Lama.

float , hammer , and jog

Quote Reply
Re: American Zofingen [Oldster] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Oldster wrote:
Question from AmZof newbie: Would someone be kind enough to give explicit run course directions?

In keeping with Tetsuoni's heritage, start at the start, and run 5 miles in a shamrock shape. That should take you back to the pavilion.

It's really only a 1-square mile piece of forest.

Took me a couple of years to figure that out.......
Quote Reply
Re: American Zofingen [IVcoops] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
IVcoops wrote:
I'm not sure if this has been mentioned or addressed yet, but...

Disk on the rear or an 808? Both are tubulars!

My first year I ran on a pair of Mavic box rims. The second year I ran Easton EA70s, and last year I ran a Stinger 9 in the rear and the Easton in the front. Each year was slower. This year I'm adding a disk cover to the Stinger 9.

Of course, my getting slower each year has nothing to do with the engine and I'm convinced addinge the disk cover will reverse the trend.

Victor

================================
blog
twitter
Quote Reply

Prev Next