Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: American Zofingen [eganski] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nope.
Summer's Eve - I don't ever want that "less than fresh feeling" as I'm taking another AmZof win.

I've worn light trail shoes for every lap of every run I've ever done on that course. You don't always *need* them, but I've yet to find any downside to them.

Today woulda been ideal conditions - 60's, calm, light drizzle.
May be on the warmer side as the day goes on on Sunday, but since I'll be done before 1:00, that's everybody else's problem.
Nothing cold beer won't cure.

float , hammer , and jog

Quote Reply
Re: American Zofingen [stillrollin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
stillrollin wrote:
Kiwifly wrote:
Oh sweet jesus!

It's been a while since I've ridden parts of the AmZof loop so figured I best get out there today. That may have been a very bad idea. Mountain (No?) Rest Road is bigger and waaaaay uglier than it was 2010 - has it been feeding on the souls of AmZof casualties? Currently trying to decide if my womens status qualifies me to drop down from the CG/F1 race to the Canadian Womens race. At least that way I'll at least get to enjoy a drink before the kegs run dry .....

As I understand it, we're allowed a one time exemption to enter CWD. I was stoopid enuff to do the ITT last year so i figger this is as good a time as any to use the exemption. I will not, however, use that as an excuse to bitch about the weather. Looking forward to a short race and loooong party!

X2, my first Zof (CWD) and my one and only exemption in the race. Looking forward to the heckling...and beer.

Quote | Reply
eganski wrote:
What's the story with the trail run, regular running shoes good enough?

I wore very light road racing flats the first time and the bottom of my feet were aching for a couple of days afterwards. Wore light Saucony trail running shoes last year - much better.
Quote Reply
Re: American Zofingen [MSUtri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
" I'm really looking forward to this weekend "

be sure to remember what you just said the third time you go up the mohonk.
Quote Reply
Re: American Zofingen [KAlber] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
yea...we'll see how that goes. As long as I don't have to walk I'll consider it a success.
Quote Reply
Re: American Zofingen [NickG] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
AmZof is this weekend? Ooops...probably should have started to train. Guess I should put some air in my tires and find my running shoes. Is this a non wetsuit race?
Quote Reply
Re: American Zofingen [steelerguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No, it's a non-wetsuit race...speedsuits are welcome though.

Quote | Reply
It never fails, I taper ( I know I am a wuss ) and I catch a cold...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
NickG wrote:
No, it's a non-wetsuit race...speedsuits are welcome though.

This year. Last year wetsuits were allowed.

================================
blog
twitter
Quote Reply
Re: American Zofingen [Bell Head] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Pretty sure wetsuits are always legal. ML wouldn't sign up for a race unless they were.
Quote Reply
Re: American Zofingen [MSUtri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
MSUtri wrote:
yea...we'll see how that goes. As long as I don't have to walk I'll consider it a success.

Well then, you are doomed to failure.

Almost everybody walks at some point. I've only not walked 1x out of 4 LC and 2 F1 finishes. And that ended up not being any faster for the run splits than when I strategically "power hiked" 1 or 2 of the steepest sections.

PS - the SC course record holder (who is a gifted runner, and has since gone Pro) even admitted to walking during the 2nd run. **

** only he still threw down a :33 split. Bastard. ;-)

float , hammer , and jog

Quote Reply
Re: American Zofingen [Murphy'sLaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I hope to avoid walking, too........during the bike.
Quote Reply
Re: American Zofingen [MichaelT] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's hilarious... walking... I don't walk.... well maybe a bit on the third lap, just on the uphill bits.... and maybe once or twice on the second lap.... I COULD HAVE maybe "strategically walked" on the first lap one time

"if you chose it, it's not really pain"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
At least we're not dodging leef peepers like in days of old. Changing direction while running uphill to avoid hikers has been been known to throw a monkey wrench into the best laid plans.
And the looks you get when you're either a) so out of it that you're leaning up against a tree telling someone how hungry you are, or b) when you are doubled over in pain, cursing out loud and punching your spasmed-out quads. The horror.......
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thought you guys said this course had a bunch of downhills...what's this "walk" talk...

Quote | Reply
blwmhv wrote:

Admitting to being on the tapered list .... AND sandbagging .... in the same post?!

I think that's an AmZof double fault.

"The right to party is a battle we have fought, but we'll surrender and go Amish... NOT!" -Wayne Campbell
Quote Reply
Re: American Zofingen [burnman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
burnman wrote:
blwmhv wrote:

Admitting to being on the tapered list .... AND sandbagging .... in the same post?!

I think that's an AmZof double fault.

I know, I am not worthy...

I am being a good boy and taking my "medicinal" scotch every night to kick the cold. I should be good to go by the weekend.
Quote Reply
Re: American Zofingen [triFP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
284 Station Road, Hurley, NY 12443
845-339-5987
NYS Thruway Exit 19
Rt. 28 West (towards Woodstock)
less than 1 mile to County Route 5 (Hurley Mt. Road)
Take a left.
Head south for 1.4 miles to 2nd right (Station Road)
Climb to the top of the hill (keep left at the flag pole)
Shop is on your left.
We are no longer in New Paltz - hopefully the webmaster has cleaned up any confusing info on the website by now - sorry.
John, RD

2015 American Zofingen Du is May 17.
R.I.P. Chris Gleason
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The race address is tricky on GPS
New Paltz (NYS Thruway Exit 18)
Pass through town, over bridge over Wallkill River.
Take a right, go left at the fork, proceed all the way up the mountain, pass under rail trestle and head down hill for ~1 mile.
On a big sweeping left hand bend the entrance to the preserve is on your right.
Proceed all the way to the back; do not park in the parking lot just past the guard shack keep going.

2015 American Zofingen Du is May 17.
R.I.P. Chris Gleason
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
NickG wrote:
Thought you guys said this course had a bunch of downhills...what's this "walk" talk...

N/A - There's no walking in the CWD ;)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I was referring to not walking my bike the third time I go up Mohonk. I most certainly will be walking/power hiking up the run hills.
Quote Reply
Re: American Zofingen [tetsuoni] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So, 150 paces past the red mailbox, turn left. Drive until you hear the bee-hive. If you get raped by Murphy'sLaw's boyfriend/cousin Cleetus, you've gone too far.

Got it, thanks.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just so you're aware, an entire community of hillbilly mountain freaks got lost en route to West Virginia in the early 20th century and ended up in the Catskills. Tetsuoni will tell you that they're a gentle people, but I would advise you to proceed with extreme caution. If you hear the dueling banjos - it's probably too late.

"The right to party is a battle we have fought, but we'll surrender and go Amish... NOT!" -Wayne Campbell
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Gentle??? They're so medieval, even DaveRoche isn't going back!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Horrificly, I found there "kill hut" when I went in the wrong direction for the run trail about a month ago.

That's it, enough with the whimpering!! No more excuses ahead of time. Remember the first rule of zombieland, pull up your panties, shove a gu in your gaping hole, and be ready to roll this bitch!!!

I look forward to kicking all of your asses on Sunday and then crying together with ale and grog!!!

Buck up daisy, ML will be your huckleberry!!
Quote Reply

Prev Next