Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: American Zofingen [Bell Head] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bell Head wrote:
NickG wrote:
Though I don't know how many times he can run past flowing kegs before he gives in...

For me, the worst part was not running past the beer, but running on the trail, above the pavilion, and smelling burgers grilling. That is when I cried, knowing I was about two hours away from enjoying one.

That's why there is a short course!

*edit - Canadian Women's Division

Quote | Reply
Quote:
For me, the worst part was not running past the beer, but running on the trail, above the pavilion, and smelling burgers grilling. That is when I cried, knowing I was about two hours away from enjoying one.

the good news is, with the number of manorexic's in the AZ crowd (like yoda)...we don't have to worry about much food being eaten.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bell Head wrote:
NickG wrote:
Though I don't know how many times he can run past flowing kegs before he gives in...

Have to agree - those burgers were awesome last year.
Quote Reply
Re: American Zofingen [aidanlynch] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Let's leave the half empties in the pavilion as it's your truly who cleans up after you've all stumbled home.

2015 American Zofingen Du is May 17.
R.I.P. Chris Gleason
Quote Reply
Re: American Zofingen [blwmhv] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
We'll be brewing later this week something special for the race.
Currently on hand at the brewery are 4 test batches of pale ale, each with the same grain and hop profiles, but different yeasts to see which we like the best.
Slainte!

R.I.P. Chris Gleason
Quote Reply
Re: American Zofingen [NickG] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wive's guarding beer generally abandon their posts when we tell them we can't find their husbands out on the course.
Not that we were looking, but its a good ruse to get at the beer.
Our wives don't let us touch other wives.
Does your wife know that you find Jay to be "tight, tight like a tiger"?

R.I.P. Chris Gleason
Quote Reply
Re: American Zofingen [tetsuoni] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
the performance enhancing effects of Beets are all the rage on ST these days. You were ahead of yourself with the beet beer last year!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
tetsuoni wrote:
We'll be brewing later this week something special for the race.
Currently on hand at the brewery are 4 test batches of pale ale, each with the same grain and hop profiles, but different yeasts to see which we like the best.
Slainte!

Sweet! Last year's was delicious. Seeing this thread got me psyched, now even moreso. I loves me some pale ale. Especially post race!!!
Last edited by: stillrollin: Apr 30, 12 9:59
Quote Reply
Re: American Zofingen [slimfast] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
True, and some (well, one - a Canadian Woman, so can we trust her judgment) even liked it.

R.I.P. Chris Gleason
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You'd probably have better luck with shiny objects than telling her I am lost somewhere on the course.

I'm having this shirt made for Jay so my wife is aware...

Quote | Reply
tri_yoda wrote:
I am coming to dominate the short course. Long course is too boring for me. See you in the (beer) pavilion.

I am ready for any and all carbonated hand ups.

History has shown you don't wait until the pavilion...

Quote | Reply
I'll be rumbling down from the Great White North for the long course, my first time doing any AmZof event. Why not start with the toughest (or stupidest) event on offer? Did my first trail run in two years on Saturday, figuring if the race has 20 miles of trail running it might be an idea to do a bit of practice.

AmZof threads are awesome, and I'm sure the race will be the same.

Looking forward to meeting some of the ST legends posting on this thread.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wow.

R.I.P. Chris Gleason
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
is it true a AmZof veteran had wrist enhancement surgery?

"if you chose it, it's not really pain"
Quote Reply
Re: American Zofingen [d-elvis] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
d-elvis wrote:
is it true a AmZof veteran had wrist enhancement surgery?

Couldn't possibly be ML. As we all know, his powers are derived from the limpness

"The right to party is a battle we have fought, but we'll surrender and go Amish... NOT!" -Wayne Campbell
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey tetsuoni ... unlike last year, don't forget to feed the "sunny weather meter" with quarters!
Quote Reply
Re: American Zofingen [baliman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
true...it would be nice to be in misery on a sunny day. Last year was a miserable day to be in misery.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I remember you from your Dyestat days- you're doing multisport now? You still living in WNY somewhere?
Quote Reply
Re: American Zofingen [baliman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
baliman wrote:
Hey tetsuoni ... unlike last year, don't forget to feed the "sunny weather meter" with quarters!

I am having flashbacks to Boston 2012 as I read this...not too many quarters, please.

Quote | Reply
yeahhhhhhhh those were the days.. this board was a pretty easy transition from dyestat.

I'm going to grad school in buffalo now, although I'm downstate on a rotation currently.. hit up the Bronx Du yesterday, Trooper Du this Coming sunday, coming up to Rochester for the Bristol Mountain RR the week after and then hopefully surviving American Zofingen after that.. then back to Buffalo for one last year of school. A bit different from triple jumping but its been a fun transition since graduating college in '10

---------------------------------------------------------------
http://cyclussports.com/ - #ZeroPositive #CyclusSports
http://app.strava.com/athletes/355549
https://twitter.com/ryanAjoyce
Quote Reply
Re: American Zofingen [KAlber] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
KAlber wrote:
Murphy'sLaw is busy dealing out donkey punches to wuss bag's like tri_yoda who has too much sand in his crack to do the F1 this year. Personally, I think yoda was worried about getting beefcaked by yours truly. Giant FAIL on yoda's part!!!!

beefcake! BEEFCAKE!!!!

I would call your beefcake pink slime. But that would be an insult to pink slime (lean finely textured beef). There is nothing lean about, but you do seem kind of jiggly.

Therefore, logically, you are best classified as Jello.

As far as getting donkey punched, Murphy's Law is a gentleman. He never donkey punches and tells.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
aidanlynch wrote:
tri_yoda wrote:
I am ready for any and all carbonated hand ups.

I'll leave a few half-empty cans on the course that you can finish drinking while floundering in my wake.. thank me later

I will thank you later for leaving such a brag hanging out there. You must be on the same stuff as Jello boy.
Quote Reply
Re: American Zofingen [tri_yoda] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Look at the two of you arguing about who is the better ballerina...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bell Head wrote:
eganski wrote:
because the best pace is suicide pace, and will beat most of you simply because I'm tougher.

"Suicide" being the important word, given that we're talking about American Zofingen.

Me, I'm back in the hunt for my 4th LC large mug. Is there nobody else here doing long course?

Victor

I'm back for my 3rd LC suicide attempt, and no LC mug yet...LC is like surviving a shot gun blast to the face. First year I came to AmZof was the last year the middle distance was run/bike/run...I scored a 2nd place mug in my AG that year thats cause there was only 3 of us...I'm hoping the AmZof tshirts are not the clingy material, they just make my muffin top and man tits look way to attractive. I'm hoping for identical weather to last year, that way I can have a repeat of crying in T2. And lastly...as I drag my fat ass around for the 3rd run loop, I may cash in 20+ years of sobriety at the aid station and I can blame it on that "thing called AmZof".

I just want the hat.

Rod
Quote Reply
Re: American Zofingen [kdw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Look at the two of you arguing about who is the better ballerina...

let's not get ridiculous...ballerina's have much bigger biceps.
Quote Reply

Prev Next