Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: American Zofingen [prattzc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The FIST fitting technique has the added benefit of allowing for the elimination of the seat for aerodynamics and weight savings.
After getting fisted, Murphy's Law started riding without a seat, and look how well he's been doing.

2015 American Zofingen Du is May 17.
R.I.P. Chris Gleason
Quote Reply
Re: American Zofingen [tetsuoni] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tetsuoni wrote:
Accuweather, FWIW, has rain for Sunday the 20th, but the 4 days leading up to it are now shown as sunny.
We shall see.
As far as all the fisting jokes, we can thank Slowman for naming his most excellent bike fitting system FIST.

Bike fitting system? Huh?

"They" don't know what the weather's gonna be like in 7-10 hours, much less 7-10 days.
It is what it is. The more interesting, the better (for me).

float , hammer , and jog

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So your saying ditch the Adamo for the race?

Quote | Reply
NickG wrote:
So your saying ditch the Adamo for the race?

Not sure I'd take tetsuoni's gear advice... he still thinks Kenny Souza's setup is cutting edge.
And probably has a similar neon yellow man-zierre and grape-smuggler kit hanging in his closet. He probably even puts it on now and again, to remind him of his own glory days.
(which were almost as long ago)

<pours acid into eyes in attempt to remove mental imagery of '12 edition JM spilling out of that getup. AAAAAGGHHH!!! >
;-)

float , hammer , and jog

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
After getting fisted, Murphy's Law started riding without a seat, and look how well he's been doing.

Thanks for the heads up. At least I'll be prepared when he starts asking "Does this (setup) make my ass look big?"
Quote Reply
Re: American Zofingen [krol] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Are the roads smooth enough to use something like a Bontrager R4 Aero, or should I stick to something a little heavier like a Continental 4000s?
Quote Reply
Re: American Zofingen [kcb203] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I roll Bonty R4 Aero / RXL Pro combo for every race.
The vast majority of the roads on the AmZof course are good, some are very good.
There's a dirt section in and out of transition that's a bit rough, and strips of rough road work areas on Butterville Rd.
Some rough spots on the desecent from Minne as well.

Anyway - as long as you don't go plowing into any huge potholes or cracks, you should be fine.
I used this combo last year, which was pretty epic conditions, making the dirt section into a CX course, and I got thru w no whammies.
YMMV.

float , hammer , and jog

Quote Reply
Re: American Zofingen [Murphy'sLaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I hope the weather is just like last year. It's nice because the rain on people's faces makes the tears less noticeable.

Quote Reply
Re: American Zofingen [holisticguru] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Everywhere I look it's saying low 70's and sunny. There will be no rain, my tears will be visible to all!

Quote | Reply
Stupid question for which I apologize.

Where is the shop for packet pickup? I thought it had moved, but map on the website looks like the same location as last year.
Quote Reply
Re: American Zofingen [triFP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
http://www.cm2store.com/pages/Contact-Us.html

Quote | Reply
And what is the race address? I'm looking for something to plug into my iPhone google app, I'm like ML in the pool when it comes to sense of direction.
Quote Reply
Re: American Zofingen [NickG] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
NickG wrote:
Everywhere I look it's saying low 70's and sunny. There will be no rain, my tears will be visible to all!
Sun May 20

70°
58°
Showers
Chance of rain:60%Wind:SSW at 6 mph
Quote Reply
Re: American Zofingen [eganski] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
eganski wrote:
And what is the race address? I'm looking for something to plug into my iPhone google app, I'm like ML in the pool when it comes to sense of direction.

Try this: spring farm rd, marbletown, ny
http://www.bing.com/...2440&form=LMLTCC

================================
blog
twitter
Quote Reply
Re: American Zofingen [Bell Head] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i don't like how this thread has degenerated into prognosticating about the weather...it's meant for smack talk, race predictions and calling people names (most particularly John Hirsh and ML). Get with the program people!!!

Having said that...I'm sorry to inform you all that you're going to be chubby chasers next sunday. I hope you enjoy the view of my behind ;)
Quote Reply
Re: American Zofingen [eganski] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
eganski wrote:

Worst case - use Mohonk Mountain House NY.
The entrance to the Preserve (Upper 27 Knolls Road, it's called the Spring Farm entrance) is just 1 mile down the hill from the Mountain House entrance.

float , hammer , and jog

Quote Reply
Re: American Zofingen [KAlber] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sure - I'll chase you to the 1'st bridge and then wait for you at the finish. I'll be the one drinking the Irish Whiskey out of my winners mug.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
KAlber wrote:
Having said that...I'm sorry to inform you all that you're going to be chubby chasers next sunday. I hope you enjoy the view of my behind ;)
Aren't you doing the CWD? Are you going to be exposing that behind of yours in the Gazebo as the real men race on? Otherwise, there's no chance the majority of us will be able to witness your glory.

blog
twitter
Quote Reply
Re: American Zofingen [Bell Head] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Aren't you doing the CWD?
don't believe what the entry list says...Me (and a player to be named later) are actually in the GCG F1 men's race.

Real men are only allowed to do the CWD once....once. So we'll cut Hirschy-squirt some slack on that one...tri_yoda...not so much. yoda is a sand bagger of epic proportions ;)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
KAlber wrote:
i don't like how this thread has degenerated into prognosticating about the weather...it's meant for smack talk, race predictions and calling people names (most particularly John Hirsh and ML). Get with the program people!!!

If you insist...

You are a fatty patty, and JH is a poopy loopy kaka doody head.

Happy now?

float , hammer , and jog

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
that's much better...thank you.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
KAlber wrote:
Quote:
Aren't you doing the CWD?

don't believe what the entry list says...Me (and a player to be named later) are actually in the GCG F1 men's race.

Real men are only allowed to do the CWD once....once. So we'll cut Hirschy-squirt some slack on that one...tri_yoda...not so much. yoda is a sand bagger of epic proportions ;)

Good to know. Nothing like adding a little pressure to win my SC mug this year before I go back to the F-1 next year.
Quote Reply
Re: American Zofingen [bmcmaster11] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Or, you do what I do - the best of both worlds:
Race F1, win that, and virtually win CWD at the same time.

Problem solved.
You get to keep your man card that way too.

float , hammer , and jog

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Murphy'sLaw wrote:
You are a fatty patty, and JH is a poopy loopy kaka doody head.

Another fine option for 2013's t-shirt.

blog
twitter
Quote Reply
Re: American Zofingen [bmcmaster11] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In fairness, I only did the CWD 1 time and that was because I had torn a kind important ligament in my foot but didn't want to miss Am Zof. That said, I do love a race where the "short course" is freaking brutal.

...wait...hold on everyone...WHAT????...ML my mom wants to know if "my friend" want cookies or pizza bagels withTang?

...HOLD ON MOM...I TOLD YOU NOT TO BUG ME WITH I AM ONLINE WITH MY FRIENDS.

Sorry, more later I got to go. My mom needs the phone and I have to get off the dial up. So. Un. Fair.

http://www.johnhirsch.org
http://www.stronglikebulltraining.com
Quote Reply

Prev Next