Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: American Zofingen [tetsuoni] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Are we allowed to consume any game we can kill along the way or is that outside assistance?
Quote Reply
Re: American Zofingen [kdw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've always believed that you eat what you kill - however, on our course, it's far more likely the game will kill you.

2015 American Zofingen Du is May 17.
R.I.P. Chris Gleason
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'll chime in on the bike debate, only because I will not make it up this year. TT rig all the way. If you are comfy climbing and descending on the tri bike you'll be fine. If you are really into getting a great split on the bike, run a 54 or 55 up front and an 11-26 or 28 in the back. I did that last year and have done this at savageman and I think it rocks. On the climbs it's very hard to ride 2 or 3 mph than the guy in front of you but if you are pushing big gears on a downhill it's ridiculous!
Stay safe and have a great race everyone!

Josh
Quote Reply
Re: American Zofingen [joshjan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
All hail! Debate over. There's no arguing with Josh Beck's record.
We'll miss you this year.

R.I.P. Chris Gleason
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"I've always believed that you eat what you kill - however, on our course, it's far more likely the game will kill you."

True, but I don't have to outrun the bear, I just have to outrun kalber.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well, if Kalber is anywhere nearby, he will kill and eat anything trying to kill and eat you.

R.I.P. Chris Gleason
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
joshjan wrote:
I'll chime in on the bike debate, only because I will not make it up this year. TT rig all the way. If you are comfy climbing and descending on the tri bike you'll be fine. If you are really into getting a great split on the bike, run a 54 or 55 up front and an 11-26 or 28 in the back. I did that last year and have done this at savageman and I think it rocks. On the climbs it's very hard to ride 2 or 3 mph than the guy in front of you but if you are pushing big gears on a downhill it's ridiculous!

Word.

We'll miss ya there this year! I guess it's kind of you to give the pikers a shot at the prize every so often.
(I certainly was happy you sat it out in '09!! : )

float , hammer , and jog

Quote Reply
Re: American Zofingen [Murphy'sLaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What's the emoticon for "limp wristed"?

R.I.P. Chris Gleason
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
^-o-^

How's this? ;-)

float , hammer , and jog

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Re: American Zofingen [gregn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
gregn wrote:

Nice!
You've been saving that one for a special occasion, haven't ya?

Oh man, I tried to add that to my sig line, but it didn't take.
(only showed the code. Rats!)

float , hammer , and jog

Quote Reply
Re: American Zofingen [John Hirsch] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
John Hirsch wrote:
Of course maybe he cant get that belly into a tuck so he has to be all un-areo and sit up like a sail in his areo bars.

Here's FAT ML sitting up like a sail while busy putting 23+ minutes into you on the bike at Savageman.
(if only you'd had your road bike.... <smirk> )

http://www.smugmug.com/.../0/L/i-q986x8K-L.jpg

float , hammer , and jog

Last edited by: Murphy'sLaw: May 8, 12 19:29
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
joshjan wrote:

Josh

Even a slow guy like myself would agree with the bold - exactly what I rode and will ride this year.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Murphy'sLaw wrote:
Additionally, the Mohonk descent (once past that nasty decreasing-radius L turn at the top).

that is the 1'st decent after leaving transition and the climb and about 3/4 mile down the decent - correct? Can't remember as I could not see road signs last year.......
Quote Reply
Re: American Zofingen [John Hirsch] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
John Hirsch wrote:
As a matter of science a road bike is lighter than a tri bike of the same level and where the weight is also much faster downhill.

The Am Zof loop has almost no flats. No place to justify the weight penalty for aero gains. Also most areo gains aren't event the bike but the rider's body. (body, wheels and helmet make up 85-90 percent of drag, the frame is 5-10 percent).

You calling me names doesn't change the science.

I would suggest a TT bike if ones road bike isn't a good (for understandable reasons a lot of triathletes one one good bike and make it a TT one and then spend less on a road bike for training.) but besides that there is no science in a TT bike on tht course.

As for Savageman no bike can make the body go fast when the legs are dead. I was on my TT and if I did it again would use a road bike for sure.

IMLP which is what the quote from my site mentioned is a good TT bike course but Am Zof and SM smash IMLP in terms of vertical.

I guess I had the opposite experience. I have always used a TT bike at AZ. I somewhat foolishy used a road bike for Savageman (because I did not want to swap cranks on my TT bike). Wasn't necessary. Savageman is certainly difficult, but not as hard as I thought it might be. I lost a lot of time using the road bike there, I am thinking at least 5 minutes.

I will be back at AZ with my TT bike as usual. There is only about 2 miles of actually semi-hard climbing at AZ, other than that, just stay aero and crank it out.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Murphy'sLaw wrote:

Here's FAT ML sitting up like a sail while busy putting 23+ minutes into you on the bike at Savageman.
(if only you'd had your road bike.... <smirk> )

http://www.smugmug.com/.../0/L/i-q986x8K-L.jpg

Yeah, well this guy put 13 minutes into you, so enough of the aero weenying and trash talking.
http://www.smugmug.com/...948878_fxLoK-L-3.jpg
Quote Reply
Re: American Zofingen [kny] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"Yeah, well this guy put 13 minutes into you, so enough of the aero weenying and trash talking."

Jackmott's head just exploded. They don't have charts for drag with 3 dimensional yaw angle.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Isn't it obvious what he's doing there?
He's replicating the superior road bike climbing position on his TT bike. The best of both worlds!
Now he has the "better climbing position", "superior power transfer", and "better muscle recruitment" working!
BRILLIANT!!!

float , hammer , and jog

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nice tri top!
Who's your bike fitter? Nice position.

R.I.P. Chris Gleason
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
tetsuoni wrote:
Nice tri top!
Who's your bike fitter? Nice position.

Why thank you!
I got kitted out and FISTed by the best!!!

float , hammer , and jog

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: American Zofingen [DougRob] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Very nice.

R.I.P. Chris Gleason
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Just had the weirdest case of "Vuja De"...where you get the feeling that you see something you are going to see again in the near future.

Only difference is I can hear my voice saying "On your left...nice socks." in the vision.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"There is a well-known myth that says that if you’re being chased by a bear, then you should run downhill because bears can’t run downhill. The myth justifies this conclusion by saying that a bears front legs are shorter than it’s hind legs, so it can’t run downhill. This is FALSE. Bears can outrun you no matter where you try to run. They can run just as fast downhill as they can uphill. They can actually run over 37 miles per hour! That’s FAST!!! So don’t try running downhill…it wont help."

Like bears, i'm also quite good at running downhill (mostly because I can't stop once gravity takes over) and, apparently, bears like fellow R.O.U.S's such as myself. So we'll enjoy eating your liver with fava beans and a nice Chianti. ffff.....fff....fff...fff....fff

(combining the princess bride with hannibal lecter is no small feat)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You must have put your glasses on backwards today.
That explains the issues w your vision.

float , hammer , and jog

Quote Reply

Prev Next